[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

Kill film critic, kill aesops, a 2 damage spike from un-advanced position can surprise people (if they think they’re safe with no mushins on the table).

I tried the full-blown temple engine in IG, and found it too unreliable. You don’t get shocks into archives quickly enough, and as a result have difficulty stabilizing your already fragile economy and board state.

I got greedy and retooled for 3x heritage committee and swapped the sealed vault for a Mumbad City Hall. While it helped, it still was too difficult to generate credible threat combos with the required frequency to flatline or pressure.

Edit: as an addendum, I did like Museum. You need to be careful what you put back, but it’s strong. After going all-in on temple/museum/alliance my kills went from 85% spike combo 15% attrition in 20-30 minute games to about 70% attrition, 30% spike with 40 minute games. When I say unreliable: it still wins. But it can be frustrating to pilot due to feeling less in control.

1 Like

IG Bio-Ethics Lock

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (9)
2x Chronos Project
1x Fetal AI
3x Global Food Initiative •••
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (30)
3x Bio-Ethics Association
1x Genetics Pavilion
2x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mumba Temple ••••• •
3x Mumbad City Hall •••
3x Museum of History ••••• •
3x PAD Campaign
3x Shock!
3x Snare!
3x Turtlebacks

Operation (6)
3x Hedge Fund
1x Heritage Committee
2x Neural EMP

Barrier (2)
1x Ashigaru
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
2x Crick
2x Lotus Field

Sentry (3)
2x Architect ☆☆ ••••
1x Komainu

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Crushed a small tournament with this last night on literally 0 games of practice. Very likely this is not the optimal list but I’m determined to make a good IG that doesn’t rely on stupid Mushin Games.

The idea is to get the runner under a soft lock where you have multiple bio-ethics 1-2 hostile infs, Shocks with lots of facedowns in archives, and possibly Genetics Pavilion out. Once all these pieces are in place the runner can’t really…do anything. They either just draw and run until they hit 1 Snare and die, or they fruitlessly try to disassemble the lock. While they are click-compressed taking apart the lock you can almost guarantee a naked Chronos score to lock them out of the game anyway.

My ICE was chosen to have gear-checks of all kinds so that the runner actually has to care about some of their cards and can’t just treat them all as hitpoints. I also made a good deal of the ice un-trashable to help otherwise rough anarch match-ups. If you fire an Architect with this deck it is NUTS.

Mumbad City hall is really really stupid. You can actually outpace Imp with it (though not a good Whizzard if they play it correctly).

The 2 neurals are kind of like more bio-ethics. If you are rich just play them when you draw them and shuffle them back in the museum. Each one effectively takes a click from both players away, and you have so much passive econ and damage that the exchange favors you. I also got a flatline on someone who exactly mathed out killing all my hostiles and bio-ethics over 1 turn but ended with 0 cards and got zapped because he didn’t know I ran Neural. That game would have been hard to win otherwise.

You never score points (except Chronos if needed).I think this is really solid against everything but Whizzard and Noise with multiple early imps/dejas. Sec-test criminals could be able to race to 7 pts before you can get the lock on but I haven’t gotten to test that yet.

It seems like we don’t need all the econ the deck has but having way more money than you need is super important (Also Snares are EXPENSIVE). I had a lot of people double/triple siphon me over 2 turns and if I had been cutting it close on money that would have led to me losing Tfps and not being able to fire snares to protect myself. The runner getting cheap access to R&D when you’re poor and getting a tfp is one of the main ways you can lose with a deck like this.

8 Likes

How do you keep coming up with this stuff? Stealing it, testing it this weekend, will report back with tweaks if any.

Hah, Chronos Project might be the missing piece. I’m ok with attrition wins if they take less than 40 minutes.

Lines up with where I wanted to go, and takes it a few steps further. Thanks!

Edit: DRT might be interesting for a hardcore attrition angle and siphon defense. Works well with temple. Architect is the only inf. cut option though :(.

I’ve found 3/1s easy to score in IG, TFIN is also a good add to put the pressure on. I think in a low to no ice build like mine, Chronos is not as good, but if you’re in for attrition it is. TFIN is better in mine because you can find mushins or traps or ronins as needed. I feel the 3/1 adds.

It also kills Political Operative.

And ProCo.

And Street Peddler if you feel like it.

Tech Trader if Geist doesn’t have Fall Guys…

Masanori.

There’s a surprisingly large amount of good targets for him. He’s basically a Snatch and Grab that needs only 4 credits and 3 clicks instead of a Trace win. (And occasionally just kills people that don’t install Plascrete.)

Maybe a solution for this (and other issues with cards not being in the central you want them to be) could be Sensie Actors Union?

It’s 2 influence, and not alliance. You’d have to run Tech Startup to cheat the influence, I think. Risky

Once upon a time, in a darker age, Tech Startup was Shocks #4-6. You tutor one up, then overwrite the server. Later, you throw down some psychic fields to punish checks after conditioning the runner. With linchpin assets and recursion out the wazoo, I might revisit the idea.

1 Like

Contract Killer is fine for the reasons pointed out, but I can’t bring myself to put 4 influence into a single situational piece in a 54-card deck. If the connections mentioned are so problematic, Cerebral Cast is worth a look (or Snatch & Grab, depending on your list’s economy).

Contract Killer knocked me out of my SC elimination rounds. I hit a psychic field and drew up last click. IG used Tech Startup to get Contract Killer, advanced twice, and killed me. To add insult to injury, the card I had was IHW. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

the 2 damage on a stick, and if you advance it up and combo with neural you can get a fair amount of kills. Plus it can finish after ronin which can catch people off guard. Maybe its not great, but I think so…what else are you using inf for? Ice??? Pfffff

2 Likes

Those 4 tend to go to different tech slots (Sealed Vault, Blacklist) and an Archived Memories if it fits. Archived Memories is really good in flatline IG. Like, I’d sooner take 2x than a CK. Not knocking the card choice but I remain unconvinced :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

allele does the same thing with more cards, inf free, and also gives you face downs as needed. And it lets you play ck :slight_smile:

Fair enough. I played with Allelle a little right after it came out & it never worked, but I need to test again. It’ll always cost more clicks & credits than AM, but maybe its other advantages compensate for that.

What do you do with the agendas? Keep in hand or just throw them on the board? Is the general plan once you have the lock on to force them into hitting Archives so they can trash Museum, then just hit with Bio-Ethics/Neurals? Haven’t played this style before.

I just want to know how to play against this type of deck.This deck reminds me of those good ol’ days of PSF lock,just way more powerful.

It can be ok to hold 1 agenda in hand. You can shuffle agendas back with heritage, jackson, or museum. If you can get multiple untrashable jacksons down and hide like 15 points in archives for a while that’s ideal :smile:

Don’t install the 5/3s ever. I did install a fetal once but it was because my opponent would have died if he checked it so I was able to easily get it out of the game that way. This is not a shell game deck. At pretty much any moment it should be true that if you told the runner what all your facedown remotes were, it would not make any difference at all. There are no mind-games here, just mind-grinding :smile:

5 Likes

This is despicable.

I love it.

It’s for a different kind of build. I see 3x Bio-Ethics, 3x Hokusai Grid, 3x Hostile Infrastructure plus recursion and cheap ICE. Possibly Tori Hanzo and House of Knives, just hit them over and over.

I would focus on speed-assembly and cheap ICE with operation economy with the ocassional asset because if you are playing it and gridny you are better of scoring.