[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

I find Hostile Infrastructure and Mumbad Virtual Tour far more satisfying than Hokusai Grid, so I’ve gone down to a grand total of none in my builds. Different builds for sure.

Hokusai Grid. is a far more powerful choice in regionals meta. What with not getting you DQ’ed and all.

Tested a bunch, also played some more traditional IG (has mushins, list that didn’t drop any SC games) to compare. This feels stronger but slower, which I don’t think is a problem if you know the lines of play and keep it snappy. I may well bring a slightly tweaked version to regionals because it’s that oppressive.

Notes:

• Bio-Ethics gets trashed on sight, which is perfect. It forces archive runs like nobody’s business. This card is the real deal and belongs in every IG deck going forward unless you have a really specific (janky) plan.
  • Still has the IG problem of not being able to maintain the ID ability once the runner commits to checking the bin every few turns, or after you’ve dumped a bunch of cards. The lack of ShiKyu makes it sting less than I’m accustomed to but I understand the exclusion.
  • Don’t cut the econ. Hostile Infrastructure is not cheap. Also you only need two, you’re not trying to rez multiples.
  • I’ve been saying Hedge is better than Diversified for IG for the whole season and hey, guess what, it is. It gets you money when you need it and doesn’t crap out when your board state is weak. It’s always a good card. Play it.
  • Mumbad City Hall is strong but doesn’t appear to be treated as a must trash by most players. You can rez it, get multiple tutors, and not care if it gets trashed afterwards. RECOMMENDED CHANGE: 2x City Hall, slot a Sealed Vault or Crisium. Crisium puts the boots to Apoc if you’re worried about that, but so does Hostile Infrastructure and Sealed Vault is free. Meta call. Either are good choices.
  • Ashigaru is so hot right now. The second Lotus Field could be a flex slot.
  • Chronos Project is MVP and wins games.

That’s what I’ve got. I thought I’d have more but nope, it’s just a really good deck. Cheers Abram.

Why not? From my experience, once you manage to get two rezzed, you need facedown cards in Archives way less, and once you have all three, it’s likely the runner will not trash your setup even given infinite money.

MCH + Museum on the table means you can play your Heritage Committee every turn. This is very strong.

Disposable HQ?

If you don’t want Shi Kyu in a net kill deck, you’re not going to want to play News Team, and compared with the other passive disincentives for running Archives (Space Camp, Cyberdex Virus Suite), Disposable HQ seems to naturally synergise with the game plan better. I haven’t played too many times with it since it was released, but from the few times I have I think it is an interesting addition to softly punish Archives runs. So long as you don’t have a Showing Off-heavy meta I suppose!

[quote=“hsiale, post:267, topic:4537, full:true”]
Why not? From my experience, once you manage to get two rezzed, you need facedown cards in Archives way less, and once you have all three, it’s likely the runner will not trash your setup even given infinite money.[/quote]
Right, but the published list only runs two and I’m saying that’s all it needs.

You only want to Heritage that much if you’re digging for pieces, and that locks in what you’re shuffling back with Museum. The most powerful use IMO is tutoring all your Temples/Museums whenever you want. Being able to yank three of them out and pay for rezzes with the first Temple is absurd. Spamming Heritage, by contrast, might let you establish the lock slightly faster. It’s good, but not the main use. Card is strong though.

[quote=“popeye09, post:268, topic:4537, full:true”]
Disposable HQ?

If you don’t want Shi Kyu in a net kill deck, you’re not going to want to play News Team, and compared with the other passive disincentives for running Archives (Space Camp, Cyberdex Virus Suite), Disposable HQ seems to naturally synergise with the game plan better. I haven’t played too many times with it since it was released, but from the few times I have I think it is an interesting addition to softly punish Archives runs. So long as you don’t have a Showing Off-heavy meta I suppose![/quote]
Disposable HQ is a fun card, but in my experience it sounds better than it is. It actually works better in non-Museum decks so that the cards actually stay on the bottom. It’s a cute one-of though.

[quote=“Chuftbot, post:269, topic:4537, full:true”]It’s a cute one-of though.
[/quote]

The cutest use I’ve stumbled upon is Kitsune on HQ to make HQ disappear at just the right moment if they don’t have an AI breaker. :stuck_out_tongue: In IG I’m always on the lookout for safe(ish) places to stash the agendas.

3 Likes

Here is what I am using right now

Foolish Runner! - The Great and Terrible IG

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (8)
1x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (34)
3x Bio-Ethics Association (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
1x Chairman Hiro (Honor and Profit)
2x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda) [color=#708090]••••• •[/color]
3x Psychic Field (Honor and Profit)
3x Ronin (Future Proof)
2x Sealed Vault (The Spaces Between) [color=#006400]••[/color]
3x Shi.Kyū (Honor and Profit)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Turtlebacks (The Source)

Upgrade (2)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (8)
3x Diversified Portfolio (Honor and Profit)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (1)
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Sentry (1)
1x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]☆ ••[/color]
14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma

2 Likes

@TheBigBoy

in your testing what is the deck weak to so far?

is this Archives Interface time to shine?

2 Likes

I’ve slotted two into my Noise build. Nice to hose CVS’ as well.

In your testing, does the deck really need ice? I’ve been playing a different version and I really don’t feel that ice is necessary.

You need some, yeah. Gotta tax the runner’s resources and stop them from constantly checking your centrals. Ashigaru really is a workhorse right now and you can typically afford it. If you want to make a lot of cuts you could go the Mother Goddess route. That’s been successful for some, though I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

Does Archives Interface stack?

It’s not unique and the other Interfaces do, so I’m going to go with yes. I doubt it’s worth installing multiples though.

Yes, it stacks. You’re not replacing the whole access (a la Siphon); each interface allows you to replace accessing a single card with the removal effect.

Think of it like Imp - not unique, and the effect ‘stacks’.

Mind sharing that list?

Yeah man, whatever

Please move to church thread if not applicable here.

Missing my injects, but I’ve had managed a pretty solid matchup against this IG and Gagarin ass-spam decks. It’s really standard Noise fare, swap out casts for feeders if that’s your bag. Clone chip could come out for the two shards, and up to 46, which will strengthen this matchup a little more.

Lamprey lock is generally the opening strategy.

Targets for the interface: Shock, Jackson Howard, CVS, Shi-Kyu’s etc. Because it’s an ‘instead’ of accessing effect, it allows you to ignore lots of archives net damage, which is why I wanted a second.

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (4)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Inject (Up and Over)

Hardware (5)
2x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆ ••[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (13)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (3)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (20)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
2x Clot (The Valley)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Lamprey i[/i]
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆☆[/color]
11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

How.Had the lamprey lock been working for you? When playing the deck, I tend to go broke early on as MCH and Temples and Museum can get a money recovery.

Works best when you don’t hit snares!

The infrastructures are pretty expensive to rez, and Imps will deal with the money gen assets that come online. Then you just lay waste to any net damage in archives, followed by the museums, followed by running against an iceless defenseless corp. It’s not a guaranteed win, but it’s a solid matchup IMO.

This and Feedback Filter are why I slot one copy of Power Grid Overload