[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

nice

2 Likes

Hostile Infrastructure is the single most important card in Genomics and it’s exactly for this reason. It shuts down a lot of painful Runner plays and allows you stabilize without relying on your ability or overwhelming the Runner with assets. And it lets you leverage both damage and credits at the same time, preventing the Runner from ignoring one of them.

When I first made my Genomics deck, when Crick did not even exist, I ran two copies. Canales, one of the toughest opponents in Madrid said that trashing the Hostiles on sight was key, because the damage added up quick.

Hearing that, I made a mental note to add a third copy. And I would play 4 if I could.

3 Likes

Seems accurate. Though it is doing something similar to ValDLR on Corp side, so people may disagree and call it Control. Personally, I always considered Val a Prison deck and think of this IG deck as one too.

1 Like

I cannot agree with you more. It’s only fair that the Corp has a deck that will make the runner eventually get to their alternate lose condition.

I may be missing something but why isn’t Bootcamp an easy include? It finds all the useful cards, especially the big impact 1 ofs like Hiro, Pavilion and maybe even allows Ronin to be cut to a singleton. Also fixes the problem of not finding Shocks fast enough.

Uugh. I’m playing an IG deck right now, and I have a Deus X and Clone Chip, so he can’t kill me, but instead he just sits there. And I sit there.

If you’re using it to fetch stuff, rather than rez stuff, is Executive Boot Camp worth the influence for the slight advantage over Tech Startup?

It’s questionable.

Tech startup fetches and installs for 1 click and 0 dollars, combo’d with Turtlebacks, this is 2 installs for 1 click.
Bootcamp fetches and installs for 2 clicks and 1 dollar

Techstartup can be trashed for less, and can be trashed without doing anything.

Techstartup’s install is into a defined, known place, so it’s bad for things like Chairman Hiro, Bio Ethics, Ronin Etc. It also fires at the start of your turn, so you miss any start of turn effects, so you have to wait another turn for effects to start working.

Bootcamp fetches to hand, so you can use it to dump shocks into archives without working as hard to overdraw. You can also use it to add some mystery to what you’re installing (bootcamp for hiro, install x3) You can use it to defend HQ by fetching snares / shocks on demand.

But - the biggest thing is that bootcamp costs influence… and that influence is generally better spent on dastardly tricks, like [redacted], [redacted], or in some cases even [redacted].

You can also do the unending Tech Startup whirling dervish:

• turn starts
  • trash tech startup to install tech startup from RnD
  • gain Turtlebacks credits
  • shuffle tech startup back into RnD with Museum
  • repeat ad nauseum
1 Like

The fetched tech startup wasn’t rezzed when “start of turn” triggers fire, so it wouldn’t do anything until the next turn.

3 Likes

The fetched one doesn’t need to do anything other than be installed. The point is endless, clickless Turtlebacks credits. You’re just going to Tech Startup for Tech Startup next turn, too.

I gotcha, I was missing the whole “eventually draw more Tech Startups, install them, then do the thing again” part.

Trust me - you have better things to fetch with that tech startup than to make your turtlebacks effectively deluxe edition pad campaigns.

3 Likes

Deluxe pads that require multiple support cards and tie up (at least a portion of) your museum bandwidth for the turn…

Yes, it’s not a good idea. It was a joke. I guess that didn’t come across.

Tech Startup is obviously more efficient - when it works.

Bootcamp is unconditional and is always “on”, even before you are set up or if the runner is able to flip Archives constantly.

What is the influence better spent on? There is 6 spare after Jacksons, Food and Museum. Contract Killer seems to be a luxury as a coup de grace, as is ELP. I guess having Architect is nice, but is that really more important than making sure you set up asap and being able to tutor what you need when you are losing?

Just wondering, why are you spending inf on museum? You could just go to 54? (Also, isn’t each museum 2?)

1 Like

How do you guys deal with salty runners who hate this deck so much they refuse to play? I sleeved up a version of IG to play so I can try to understand how to play against it, and am having some issues finding people actually willing to play against the deck because it is so unfun to play against.

1 Like

It’s simple really.

Don’t play the deck.

1 Like

Don’t play it against friends. Play it online.

3 Likes