[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

Industrial Genomics has an absolutely amazing matchup against the Quetzal-Faust hotness that’s been going popular recently.

4 Likes

It was painful. I think I got up to 6-0 and then noticed that both Same Old Things and my Levy were in the dump. I ran out of cards in hand on a last ditch RnD run that came up dry and then @spags said that he was installing a Ronin with a Hostile Infrastructure active and could basically slow advance and murder me and there was nothing I could do about it.

2 Likes

Reuse also has a mild synergy. Throw in research station, ashigaru and import IQ, run interns and allele suppression and Archived mems to keep it around even if the runner trashes. This reduces your dependency on ‘tons of assets’ trickling in cash flow, allowing for more varied types of pain in the assets.

I’ve not seen a good Power Shutdown list though. I find my Jacksons are already pretty heavily taxed as is!

2 Likes

@tr33beard’s build is about two cards off of where I settled with IG a month or two ago, and everything he says about it is accurate. I’m pleasantly surprised that he was able to finish games with it on time in tournament play, seeing as that was why I didn’t stick with it, even though it had better results than any other Corp we were testing. Allele repression makes me want to test a mushin version again though.

A lot of credit goes you, @hhooo, for giving me the idea on how to put it together. I started with your vague description when people were speculating about Hinkes’s list and cross referenced it with the Bloodlock deck off netrunnerdb until I found something that felt good.

As for time, I only had one game last longer than half an hour on the day, and that was because I let the runner take his time trying to figure out how to win. He’d flatlined Noise in about 5 min, so we had plenty of time. Still only took 45 minutes at the max. Definitely didn’t feel pressed for time.

2 Likes

Mumba Temple may have a home in this ID. For instance, @x3r0h0ur only has to drop one ICE from his list and there’s an open slot for this. Go with 2x PAD and 2x Mumba and your trickle econ works out pretty great. I mean, it pays itself off instantly, which is great, and isn’t restricted to just ICE. If you don’t have an upgrade to rez on your turn, use it for ICE.

3 Likes

Last night I started using boot camp liberally with my deck and it was basically another pad…which was great, this with that seems quite good because there’s always something to rez, and except ichi I don’t much prefer to suprise with my ice…the biggest downer their is parasite. I’d definitely try it.

That said, recurring credits are quite different than getting credits, and, at least my list, requires tons of cash to function.

Rather than make a new post…

I did 1-2 games with this before realizing that I don’t like playing ITD decks, but it was quite a nightmare when it did work. It combines breaker hitting and blacklisting, with some pretty stopping power full ice. Probably could use optimization, this was my first pass with it:

Industrial Genomics Growing Solutions
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway
Agenda (10)

1x Chronos Project
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect
Asset (18)

1x Blacklist •
2x Executive Boot Camp ••
1x IT Department •
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x PAD Campaign
3x Shock!
3x Sundew
Upgrade (5)

3x Caprice Nisei
2x Marcus Batty
Operation (5)

3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns
Barrier (4)

2x Himitsu-Bako
2x Wall of Thorns
Code Gate (4)

2x Crick
2x Lotus Field
Sentry (7)

2x Architect ••••
2x Ichi 1.0 ••••
2x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
Other (1)

1x Excalibur

It could probably use grails or maybe 1-2 rototurret, but roto and parasite are so bad together.

I would like to publicly reiterate how much I hate playing against your IG as Quetzal Faust /rant =D

I’ve been playing IG on octgn for a while now, and the biggest problem i see with this is that the scoring windows are so hard to come by. Trying to tax PPVP Kate is almost a lost cause. It may be a user error, but the games usually end with me being unable to score out the last 3 points before decking myself or the runner snatching the win off RnD.

That being said, i have had a few wins by flatline, when the runner forgets the number of hostile infrastructures i have on the board and decide to trash a Snare or Parasite an ice.

I’ve found most of my scoring windows are usually just having money, 1 or 2 big ice on a remote, and Caprice. Finding a real window is really difficult against Prepaid. Like most corp decks these days, you’re almost always going to win on the psigame. Luckily, with how many cards Kate usually draws during a game, it’s not uncommon to get her out of cards even Post-Levy which makes the game slightly easier.

this - taxing Kate for cards is a solid plan B for IG decks, especially if you’re packing blacklist or CP. Plan A, obviously, is make credits->install caprice->win psi games. (it should be noted that this is plan A for all opponents and with all red decks and most purple ones)

1 Like

I actually won a game against Kate by taxing her deck then using Interns to install Hokusai Grid into my scoring server. Definitely not worth it as plans A-C but as a plan D it made me plenty happy.

I think 3x Hokusai is too good not to play in IG.

Also, is anyone else really excited for/completely dreading Old Hollywood Grid as far as its inclusion in IG? I think that card could lift this deck to a new level, and grant Scoring windows out of nowhere.

The only issue I’ve found with 3 Hokusai is that they compete for physical space with the Crisium Grids. I wish I could have both on my Centrals. :stuck_out_tongue: You’re probably right though, I should find space for the 3rd Hokusai. Maybe the third Caprice could come out?

I think Old Hollywood Grid could be awesome. Guarantees a Hades Fragment score if you can make it stick, and this deck gets super gross with a Hades Fragment scored. Hmm, maybe cut the Crisiums and an Ash if they’re 2 influence each?

having the dardest time finding a spoiler for that - is that the one that makes it impossible to steal agendas that haven’t already been scored? Definitely scary in IG, though I think for the influence 1 copy might be the right call.

Hokusai is hottttt in this ID, i’m using crisium grid only for emergencies (siphon spammers, keyholers, multi-mediums etc.) and otherwise it’s the hokusai tax for you. love to have one on archives and one on RnD

Yep.

Who needs Ash/ITD when you’ve got OHG?

1 Like

Old Hollywood Grid
Region
5 rez, 4 trash

“Agendas accessed
from this server cannot be stolen unless the Runner already has a copy
of that agenda in his or her score area. This applies even during the
run on which the Runner trashes OHG”

NBN, influence unknown

Another post says that the influence is 2 but that hasn’t been confirmed. At 2 influence you definitely want 2. At three influence, you’re right, 1 would probably be enough?

This is, unfortunately, completely countered by Film Critic.

3 Likes

I think my influence would probably look something like this in a first draft:

3 Jackson
2 DBS
2 Hollywood
1 Crisium
1 Blacklist

Then, you can go with 2 Ash and in faction ice, or you can use 2x Batty and play Booth/Ichi stuff. Either one is probably valid.

A copy of Reversed Accounts is probably worth looking at as well.

More and more a copy of Snatch and Grab looks better to black bag and murder Film Critics, Pawnbrokers, and Delivery Girls.

2 Likes