@false_idol: Problem is, you can’t really take EtF as a baseline, as that’s an ID that we knew was about 1-2 tiers above everything else in power level all the way back to Core. The thing that I’m comparing 17-inf identities are actually their 12-inf brethren. The question always becomes: “Is this ability so much worse than that one, that it should have extra influence to compensate?”.
That being said, there are definitely identities where I wish they’d have done things differently:
- ST really deserved 17 inf, seeing how EtF is better even for dedicated Bioroid decks (because it doesn’t matter whether a Bioroid has +1 str if you can’t afford to rez it all game)
- BWBI, same thing (as you positively need influence to even capitalize on your ID in a manner that’s meaningful towards winning you the game)
- An argument could be made for Nisei Division having 17 for the same reason (yeah, it’s a credit… but a pretty conditional one, and again, you probably need influence to actually do anything with the only proactive psi game there i)
- Not really going into NEH, just gonna say that it should have had the “no HB” restriction and it would be actually interesting then
And don’t even get me started on the 10-inf identities. I’m positive Iain would’ve been fine with 12, Kit probably same (especially compared to their respective baseline faction workhorses).
What was that thing that @JohnnyCreations always says? Ah, yes… This is me publicly shaming you.
Here’s the bullet point version of why I think you’re completely off the mark:
- That first paragraph probably doesn’t belong even in a post that’s right, much less one that’s so wrong
- Card Advantage only exists in games with limited draw options. See: Netrunner, SWCCG (the old one)
- EtF’s ability is easily the most impactful corp ID to date, because of how it skews the expected value of certain plays (like a naked Adonis that ticks once then gets nuked by the runner)
- The reason NEH is so good is a combination of SanSan, Astro, Fast Track, Wraparound, Quandary and Architect. What makes this happen is primarily the combination of faction and 17 inf. If the ID were blank, it’d still be both strong and fast
p.s. Custom Biotics has plenty of support already. It’s called “Midseasons”, “Psychographics” and “Shoot the Moon”, respectively. It’s just weaker than ETF FA. Whether Clot changes that, we’ll see