Is it possible to change a username?

Is there a way to change my StimHack forum username?

1 Like

yes. go to preferences on your account.

I can’t see the option there. There’s an option to add (and perhaps change) a Name, but not the Username that i can see.

There does not appear to be an option to change your username.

This is something I would also like to know… and who operates Stimhack?

It is owned by @SneakySly, but I don’t know if he is still active. I believe Null Signal might operate it?

Who’s @SneakySly ?

He owns Stimhack.com and is the designer of the digital card game Slay the Spire.

I’m pretty sure there’s NSG staff that have admin access to these Stimhack forums that may be able to help. @nullsignalgames? @Orbital_Tangent? @Exile? @Tamijo?

I seem to remember getting a message from a stimhack admin, back when i originally posted this a couple of years ago, telling me that a username couldn’t be changed. I can’t find it now though. Either way i suspect the immutability of the username might be hardwired to some extent.

I think the only thing to do is stick to your username, or get a new account.

NSG have taken over hosting costs, but it’s still moderated by the community. I’m not sure who the forum mods are, but I doubt they can change basic forum functionality, I’m guessing this is just some off-the-shelf forum software.

Actually, quick glance at the about page shows that @tolaasin is a mod here. But I have no idea if he can help with a username change.

The active forum moderators are myself and @bblum. The admin tools allow us to change usernames, yes. I’m not hugely enthusiastic about doing this on a regular basis, but in principle it’s possible. @TotsuzenheniYukimi what would you like to change your username to?

I understand if you don’t want to set a precedent with regards to admins changing usernames. I imagine it could become quite a time consuming activity if it catches on, as it were. If you are happy to change my username i have messaged you.

Appreciated.

Done. Spaces aren’t allowed in usernames, so I’ve used an underscore.

2 Likes