It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

I should try Medium, I played all season with RDI and liked it, but I can see Medium being even better. I also think we may be able to cut some breakers from Criminal decks and tune them a bit tighter, if clot really does remove NEHFA from the meta. There will be more space for events that hate on bigger ICE or glacier strategies.

2 Likes

Weeeell… the wording on Leela says “unrezzed”, while the (spoiled) wording on the Public agendas is “face up”. It’s possible that the spoiler isn’t accurate, and it’s possible that “face up” will count as “rezzed”, but with the information we have I would say the Public agendas are not safe from Leela.

Nice, I’ve tested a ton of Medium in Criminal - I like it.

1 Like

This is a good point. Currently there is no way to rez an agenda, I dunno if the Renovations will change that.

Yeah, I don’t know how my revival of this thread with my Notoriety tales got 0 discussion. Y’all are crazy, this card is bonkers.

Scoring an agenda, or having the corp score an agenda makes it infinitely easier to use Notoriety, as you can thin out the required server.

It hits hard with Sneakdoor by allowing you to get successful runs on 2 centrals through the usually weakest defended central. It’s not necessary but it is nice. Lucky Sneakdoor into a bounce is always nice / makes it easier as well, but that’s more a merit of Sneakdoor than Notoriety.

Stealing 1 less agenda is probably the biggest advantage imo. Whether is be 6 agenda Blue Sun trying to force you to steal 9 points to win, or sitting on 6 points of NAPDs / Niseis and losing the TFP psi-game, or finally racing NEH for that final agenda, nothing beats the look on the Corp’s face when they realize what’s up and it is too late. My favourite is when Blue Sun leaves you 6 points in archives so they can punitive you next turn, only to not get a next turn.

3 Likes

Notoriety doesn’t trigger Leela.

I don’t think anyone is saying that it does. @lopert is saying that Leela’s ability makes fulfilling its condition (running all three centrals in the same turn) easier.

2 Likes

Not what he’s saying.

Bouncing ice from stealing makes notoriety easier to use. It is true.

It’s cute, but I really doubt it’s worth the influence, unless weyland gets really popular. Could be good for a tournament here or there, but it won’t work it’s way into a standard list.

1 Like

I think Notoriety isn’t worth the influence in Leela because even when you do manage to fulfill its condition, it might not even be useful depending on the matchup.

What do you guys think about Symmetrical Visage in Leela? I am unsure of it in a Kati economy because it is sort of getting up to 2 reserved clicks per turn, but not using SV in a turn seems much more okay than not using Kati and over time it turns into a pretty solid long-term econ card. I think I am going to try it as a 2-of (which at the moment mean -Earthrise, -Dirty Laundry for space, putting me at 1 Earthrise) at a casual play night tonight and see how it feels.

It sounds pretty good to me, but nothing amazing.

I feel like the opposite is the case. I’ve been running Medium exclusively since I started playing Leela and I really love how it plays, but it feels the weakest against HB. Maybe I just have bad luck, but it almost never results in a good snowball against them and they’re in the best position to have RnD double iced early and then wipe counters after your assault. This earns them a few solid turns free of RnD pressure for them to layer more ICE down and get money off a campaign.

Maybe I’m playing it wrong, but the fact that Medium can be defanged at corporate will has hurt me the most against HB rather than any other corp. Where I find Medium strong is in decks that prefer to install less ICE so that the Medium’s bounces result in proportionally more openings. Given that, it’s felt the best vs non-RP Jinteki (just be careful about dying), NBN and Weyland (Weyland runs a lot of ICE but it doesn’t always want to install it all). HB layers it around freely since they don’t pay as much install cost for it, and largely it’s medium cheap to rez while being medium expensive to break.

2 Likes

Fair. This is part of why I recommend A Medium rather than a total switch, to make sure that the virus wipe isn’t completely shutting down multiaccess.

But I feel like it becomes all the more useful against HB, myself, because otherwise they’ve got the easiest time forcing out scores. Sure, they can take the time to force you back, and their Ice is largely taxing, but it’s also the easiest to rush through early on, for the most part. That, combined with the potential to get partially reimbursed on a Security Testing run that boosts your Medium count, seems like it makes for a better time than RDIs alone.

I could be wrong, though. As you say, they’re likely to be able to double-ice early on and have the money to rez things, so it’s not like it’s some kind of unbeatable swap.

Might depend on what other econ we’re each using, and stuff like that, too. I find a Dirty Laundry into Security Tested R&D well worth it for getting Medium counters back in a hurry, and supplement that repeatability with long-term Kati charges, but that’s not everyone’s favourite way to play, and it’s not like I can claim to be the top player in a super-tough meta or anything.

Never have tried sec testing to discount the medium counter. That’s a cool idea :slight_smile: You can do that once on a turn to build rnd pressure and then build state for a later multi access run. I’ll have to give that a try, for sure!

3 Likes

That’s some @mtgred t3ch. Any MU issues?

(I’ve been unhealthily obsessed with MU lately)

2 Likes

It’s not huge, but a lot of corps don’t expect it. Amazing what those 3 credits after the run is done can do for getting in a second time. (One reason I like it with Dirty Laundry when possible, costs a bit more to get in the first time, but nets you 6 and leaves you with 8 at the end, which is a nice sum for an R&D access.)

Not the best way to make money directly, sure, but I think of Desperado more as a way to recoup costs than anything else, and while the combo with Sec Test lets you Easy Mark, well… no reason not to make it do more for you.

Worth noting that I use Gordian Blade over Zu, as well as 1-of Breach, so that helps with some server costs, too (though it’s pricier to drop, for sure).

2 Likes

Yeah we cut a corroder for memstrips

9 Likes

I will hunt your family down and they will rue the day niles

3 Likes

One issue I’ve had with Medium over RDI is that Sneakdoor becomes a much worse topdeck lategame. You either want it early or not at all which doesn’t synergize well with running only one copy.

2 Likes

“The truth is, it’s not that hard to troll Dan with Memstrips.” -Niles Patel

18 Likes