Jinteki Biotech

I don’t think Snoop is a good idea at all, it’s really expensive, doesn’t end the run and it will never flatline a good runner.

Congrats! Do you think Cortex Lock is worth it against a prepared Runner?

I played a very similar list to 3-1 at my GNK yesterday and despite seeing Cortex Lock every game, people never ran into it with more than 1 MU free so it was underwhelming.

Also curious on Viper - it seems like a reason to run more code gates is to spread Cyber-Cyphers thin, but any 1-link Runner can just pay through the trace if they want. Feels like a Tollbooth and a Quandary/Enigma would be better?

It looks like you are all-in on the Greenhouse–is your deck basically an always-Greenhouse deck, or did you ever pick one of the other two flip IDs?

I don’t know. I think it might be worth it’s cost if you are in a position to surprise the runner and land a single counter, setting you up for a flatline after a single valley-run on a 3-deep server. Once rezzed it’s a pretty big disincentive to run that server again until you’ve got an answer to it. And I don’t think the answers are very good apart from D4v1d, fearie, femme or destruction out of which 2 are non-permanent and 2 are potentially expensive (depending on whether cutlery with eater or not). Against potential stealth switchblade you probably don’t even want to rez it.

During swiss you normally pick greenhouse. That ability is so good to score the first nisei without creating a big window for the runner. During double elim you might consider to take the brewery as a surprise, because everybody already kows you play rush. In the final game, I played against the same guy as in round 5 and I noticed earlier that he didn’t pay respect for the brewery before I flipped my ID. So I was seriously considering taking it over the greenhouse, but my opening hand had a lot of etr ice and a nisei and no cortex lock so I picked the greenhouse again. It was a shame because his opening turn was playing 4 cards (leaving him with only one card in his grip).

Trashed a few cards with it, especially against anarchs. But overall it was disappointing. Almost every Jinteki was playing it so everybody was too prepared for it.

I’m normally an HB-player and I love my HB-ICE. Viper is just so taxing for everybody. Especially when people are playing ZU. I was always happy when I saw a viper, while my lotus fields where ‘meh’. An ichi would be OK to, but I wanted more ETR. Tollbooth is imo too expensive for this deck.