Jinteki Biotech

It’s worth noting that the six point deck is a work in progress. It was designed and uploaded by a friend of mine who plays with us locally. Whilst the deck has been wrecking mostly faces of people who let it set up and aren’t sure about what to do, as the super server, once set up, is just stupid scary, I have had less than no problem taking it apart with a pretty classic stealth andy list. Personally I wanted him to fit in fetal AIs and/or snares somehow but I’m no deck builder, I just like improving the odds of killing via net damage. If I were to tackle the deck I’d try to do that, rather than change the deck to further rely on ice. But I’m no deck builder. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread (so will he, maybe) to see what people come up with ^^

Recently I have scored a Turn 1 Nisei with Biotic + Flip Greenhouse. With Greenhouse, at any time a Nisei can appear in your score pile and the Runner is like “Did the game start already?”

RP taxes the Runner to kill drip economy, and when you have solidly taxing centrals it makes the Runner ignore your scoring remote. Greenhouse rapidly scores an agenda without using money. One is not strictly better than the other.

If you port a Greenhouse deck running gearchecks and operation economy to RP, it definitely does not get better.

For example, RP ability would have been irrelevant this game, but Greenhouse pushed out the Turn 2 Nisei and rode it.

4 Likes

the thing is runner-turn net damage doesn’t combo well with the “six-point” valley grid strategy. It’s like, “so what, I was going to have to discard those cards anyways”

That’s a fair point, although they can ruin the trick with Architect by letting the least offensive of the two subs fire on the second run through.

(on an unrelated note, I’m looking forward to Valley Grid plus the new HB ID plus punitive counterstrike)

1 Like

yah true, it was more because I mainly won through super tight R&D lock after dismantling any set up he had. I know that there were times where that net damage could have killed me if it were there. That being said if I know it’s in the deck I’ll run more carefully when attacking R&D…so maybe not

wow this is cool, this game at least the deck plays so much like modernism, which appeals to me. which jinteki agenda suite maybe this is a viable deck, i gotta try it out

although not really the strongest shaper deck tbh, i think blitz would have fared far better

You had my curiousity, but now you have my attention. Do you have a list?

I’m trying some kind of biotech shutdown and I think it’s not that bad. 3 Nisei, 3 tfp, 3 clones and 1 fetal/napd/philotic (not decided yet). The ability to score easily the first nisei is really amazing and a combination of archer/grim/changeling on R&D help a lot against non switchblade build (against switchblade a caprice on R&D + Excalibur/nisei combo on remote is usually enough). Is someone else toying with that kind of stuff ?

So I decided o take @Zeromus 's biotech to a gnk with only some slight change on the ICEs. I thought there would be more people, but the turnout was only 6 people in total, so there might not be enough games to see how this would actually work out. I ended up winning the tournament that was three rounds, and dropping only a game on biotech and Regass Maxx each.

The observation in three rounds, is that if the runner is unsure what you are trying to do, a mushin + advance once on a grndl or nisei will definitely work. I won against Reina lamprey/vamp/crescentus (SamRS style), and a big rig Haley, but lost to stealth Andy… It was tough against the stealth Andy, I tried to mulligan into either junebugs, or none sentry hands to no avail. Got completely locked out. Also the runner knowing what I would mushin out (from sitting beside me the last round) didn’t help much. Other than that, greenhouse is such a killer flip, usually wins the game on a single advanced future perfect.

I took the deck without any practice on it at all though, so maybe I just suck at piloting it, but currently it seems it shares the same weakness as RP against stealth Andy. Other than that, the deck is nicely built and a blast to play!

Chris Hinkes’ Biotech

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
3x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing) [color=#006400]••••• •[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
2x Project Junebug (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (9)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (6)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) [color=#FF8C00]•[/color]

Code Gate (6)
1x Chum (Core Set)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
1x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (6)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Other (1)
1x Excalibur (The Source)
15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

You’d think with only 6 people, they could spread things out a bit to prevent this kind of thing. Also, if there were only 6, why not play 5 rounds of round robin? Is that right? Can you get a true round robin with 6 people in 5 rounds? Seems right.

Congrats on winning the tourney!

Won a regional today with this biotech deck.

Nisei train choochoo

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (9)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)
1x Unorthodox Predictions (Mala Tempora)

Asset (2)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (14)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
2x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors) [color=#FF8C00]••••• •[/color]

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (7)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (6)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
1x Pup (Honor and Profit)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Other (2)
2x Excalibur (The Source)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

But to be honest, I don’t think this deck is strong enough to be tier 1. But it’s fun to play.

2 Likes

Wait–you won a regional!? Which one? Melbourne? Congrats!

You might take me for somebody else, I won the regional in Brussels, Belgium.
Never been to Melbourne :smile:

Ah, I just looked at the Regionals schedule and guessed.

Well done, make sure to post a report somewhere!

Nicely done, @ryanbantwins. I’ve also been running a Jinteki Biotech lately, but it seems like mine is a bit more rushy than yours. I presume you always use The Greenhouse?

How has Unorthodox Predictions been for you? I was considering putting it in, but I’ve never actually scored my 3/1 yet (Chronos Project) so I didn’t want to take it out without actually seeing whether it was useful in a game or not yet. Interestingly, I almost always forget about CP when using Fast Track - but most of the time a 1-pointer isn’t what I want to score when I use it anyway.

Also, no Celebrity Gift is an interesting call. You see to be fine for money otherwise, so I suppose it’s not a big deal. How did the deck do on the day?

Oh, you beat @Drouste twice ?
No more second place for you !
Congrats :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I could control this deck quite easy with Kate in Swiss (had super draw). But I saw some of your other games. Seems other runners had a lot more trouble.

Main game plan: click for credits. :wink:

Needed one more agenda and a NAPD would be reasonable but I don’t like running 21 points. That actually saved me the game against @mtgred (crazy game with incredible psi-games and a lot of 'click for creds three times) where he stole the UP as the sixth point.
But the basic idea of the card is to test the scoring server for your nisei. Install advance it. If they don’t run it, score and install your nisei (with greenhouse next turn ofc). If they steal it, just be glad it wasn’t your nisei and maybe you just created a scoring window.
Used it only once the entire tournament against a Kit-player. You won’t be breaking any codegates next turn sir :slight_smile:

One of the advantages of Biotech is the secret identity in the first couple of turns. So if you gift a fast track, it will become harder to rush. And restructure is often good as well (unless they are playing siphon)

Yeah, had a hard time doing anything against that deck. Maybe if I drew a caprice and win some more incredible psi-games :slight_smile: .
If only the ‘fast track nisei — install unrezzed Jackson — extra ice the remote’ worked. You called my bluff sir.

2 Likes

This sounds like a particularly good play against the bevy of PPVP Kates out there. You can see if they have the money in hand for a surprise run or not. Also Valencia, to see if you can draw out a Blackmail.

That would be “Ma’am” for Kit, I think. :smile:

Legitimate. I wonder how useful that advantage is? It’s hard to quantify; this is the kind of thing you need to interview an opponent about after the game to see how it affected them “Did you run different because you were afraid I was The Brewery?”

Thanks for the insights, I’ll have to think on these on the version I am running with right now.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a variant of the “Six-point exploding heart technique”-deck for a couple of weeks. I think it’s very fun to play and I’ve won more games then I’ve lost with it so far.

This is what it looks like:

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined

Agenda (9)
3x Braintrust
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
1x Edge of World
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Melange Mining Corp.
2x Snare!

Upgrade (6)
3x Caprice Nisei
3x Valley Grid

Operation (7)
1x Biotic Labor ••••
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (7)
2x Eli 1.0 ••
3x Himitsu-Bako
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (6)
2x Crick
2x Lotus Field
2x Quandary

Sentry (4)
2x Cortex Lock
2x Snoop ••••

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

So I’ve always had this irrational love for Snoop and been trying to find actual use for it in a deck since it was printed. I think it has a pretty neat synergy with this deck. If you draw it in your first 6 cards it’s a very nice piece of ice to have over R&D or HQ. The surprise factor seems to be pretty high, managed to get atleast one token on the first encounter vs 3 different runners yesterday. After the initial rez it’s a great deterrent vs basically anything except recurring D4vids or D4vid with cutlery. One token is enough to make a 3-deep, Valley grid server deadly with The Brewery which is nice.
The snares are in to make ppl think twice before running R&D after hitting the first. Many runners expect biotech not to run any for some reason, so was able to catch some ppl off guard.
I included braintrusts in order to be able to score from hand at match point (with biotic) and to be able to play a never-advanced strategy out of the remote. After the first braintrust is scored, stolen or seen the runner needs to respect every face-down card you install in the remote, increasing the likelihood of them faceplanting an edge of world (even if you already triggered your ability).
If I play The Greenhouse I try to keep the flip as long as possible. A really nice end game move is installing a TFP in your remote with a biotic in hand, ice R&D or HQ to draw attention from the remote alt. just taking credits. Then next turn you go biotic, advance + flip ftw.
This is probably not competitive at all but felt like sharing since I really like the identity.