Jinteki Biotech

I’ll say that initially Stimhack was known for high-level discussion on the game, but that’s been gradually getting outnumbered by trolling and in-jokes.

It’s not about having skin but about if people should bother investing time into serious posts, or take that elsewhere and use this forum to talk about how hilarious it is to put Memstrips into a deck.

11 Likes

Personally, I think this is the best agenda suite available for Jinteki glacier decks (3x The Future Perfect, 3x NAPD Contract, 3x Nisei MK II).

Only 9 deck slots means more room for other stuff (and harder to find them).
6 of them defend themselves.
Only needing to score 3 agendas to win is very efficient, credit and click wise.
If the runner is at 4 points you can risk a 2 pointer without potentially losing the game.
Nisei MK II is probably the second best agenda in the game.

1 Like

Guilty as charged. I actually think MemStrips is a good card in certain decks and tried to use humor to make the point!

I still think at least 90% of the posts (and my own) on Stimhack are serious-intentioned and this is definitely the place to go for the best discussion of the game.

:frowning:

Cmonnnn

Jeez

This is pretty brutal guys :frowning:

Don’t make be ban jokes!

5 Likes

Jokes are tier 2 at best, but we’ll have to see what fantasy flight comes up with in the future that might support then better.

14 Likes

Like TFP and Caprice? Personally I think that’s enough of power psi cards for the entire rotation.

Yet Nisei Division is the lowest tier possible an ID can be. It barely wins store championships. Quality is not enough; quantity is imoportant as well for such an ID power.

Been playing that deck and its ilk quite a bit recently, and I like it a lot. Valley grid is crazy mean in this ID - I generally randomly shuffle between the net damage and the FA abilities (you are right, the tank is jank). it’s o hard for runners to justify running your remote and dumping their hand for an outside shot at an agenda, especially when, if your ID isn’t flipped yet, it could very easily mean a flatline.

I don’t think the list on NRDB is “the one” for biotech yet, but I think we’re going to see more love for calculated net-flatline plays (as compared to the rando-trap attrition/kill PEs of the past), and biotech might be positioned well to take advantage of that.

1 Like

My biggest issue with the “Six-Point” list on was its used of breaker check ice to get the job done and back it up with valley grids to create unreasonable severs. But as soon as they can get in a trash a valley grid the whole server falls apart. Its also quite hard to get a working set up on both your scoring remote and R&D. I took the list and made it more glacier based powered by Melange. Here’s my current pass on the list, its not done yet, I still want to mess with the ice breakdown cause atman 4 is annoying, but I don’t want to give up the tax that the 4 strength ice provides otherwise. The basic strategy is to get a melange behind a good sized ice or two and then mine as much as you can unless you can ice and play an econ operation to protect the mine. Once I hit around 30 credits in profits I go into scoring mode never flipping my id unless it can win the game, you got to keep the fear alive.

Six-Point Grid

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (10)
1x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Genetic Resequencing (The Valley)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)••
3x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x Shock! (True Colors)

Upgrade (5)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Valley Grid (The Valley)

Operation (10)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set)••••
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
3x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (3)
1x Archer (Core Set)••
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)

Multi (2)
2x Rainbow (Honor and Profit)

Other (1)
1x Excalibur (The Source)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

But if everyone is teching for Glacier, isn’t the next solution to bring back Rush?

I like the deck above and I will definitely try it, but I cannot help but feel like taxing is just always going to be better out of RP.

I suppose taxing to try and dissuade a run on never advance could be brutal. Because this ID really likes the never advance plays, which is my favorite part about it. Never Advance NBN was my jam at the end of Genesis.

I don’t think rush was ever really a thing outside of potentially HB; but, never advance is probably going to have to come back in a big way in this meta regardless. So far, it seems to be working out of NBN, and I suppose it might work out of RP too. 3x brain trust, 3x medical breakthrough, 1x philotic, some 4/2s? TOL to NA those agendas or switch to FA when clot isn’t expected.

I really like it out of this ID so far because jinteki can pack a few really good never advance traps.

Edge of World is the classic never advance trap and protects a lone valley grid while you are building that server. Then you can transition into trying to score. Psychic Field is also really nice as a never advance trap.

I am tempted by TOL in Biotech. If Orion were a bit better you could even blow your flip on a Orion early to get a cheap rez and then TOL off of him twice.

But that’s more of a rush strat as Orion is so easy to handle right now late game.

I love the idea gum! I am totally going to brew a new biotech deck now!

Caprice, TFP and Snowflake are plenty - Casts is ok if you like that sort of thing. For what it’s worth, my deck is straight rush. Very cheap, efficient ICE (Chum is amazing in this deck), Fast Track for Nisei MK II, HB economy operations and Interns for when Caprice inevitably gets trashed out of centrals.

Why Nisei Division? Because every credit counts when you are rushing and my issue with the RP rush decks I’m seeing on the other thread is that Criminal in particular can wreck your economy at which point your psi games become auto-losses. Also, Snowflake is an amazing piece of ICE for a rush deck.

Anyway I think there is potential there, but it needs more testing than I have time for. 6-0 against Noise and Nasir but they are both very easy match-ups for rush and neither runner got in the game. 1-2 against @Apo playing reg-arse MaxX, one of which was an annihilation (Chimera and Quandary is too much parasite fodder) the other two were tight. A better ICE selection and I think that match is winnable. My main problem, as with corps in general, is going to be SMC.

Returning to Biotech, I’m not a fan of the ICE selection in the Six-Pointer list, but I think the premise has legs. I don’t understand the agenda mix either. 3x Nisei, 3x NAPD, 3x TFP is pretty much the best agenda spread in the game when you add in fast track. I don’t see why you would deviate from that.

1 Like

Same thoughts here. Definitely will playtest this framework, but as it stands it simply dies to para-sucker horribly.

@bayushi_david and others interested in Six-Pointer build, how are those tweaks looking? Took a safer, semi-glaciery approach, dropped the gimmicks.

IRL you could shuffle advancement/damage flips before your opponent’s eyes, on OCTGN just play advancement one I guess.

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
1x Edge of World (Cyber Exodus)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (7)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact) ••
2x Valley Grid (The Valley)

Operation (10)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (8)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••

Sentry (2)
2x Architect (Up and Over) ••••

Multi (2)
2x Rainbow (Honor and Profit)

In general I like Biotech, but if you plan on building a predictable deck always picking Greehouse I think you can probably port that deck into RP and it would be better.Even the threat of Brewery is good even if you have to include some cards that synergize with the netdamage. I like Snare!, Mushin and Junebug in my Biotech list for that reason.

This has been my experience as well, and I’ve made some similar changes. a few fat pieces of more pricey glacier ICE let you protect R&D without using up combo cards. as for runners trashing the grid, I usually just keep it in hand until the ICE is set up - at which point the cost to come in and trash it is either lethal or very, very high.

Excalibur seems like overlap to me - most of the time they won’t want to run again anyways if caprice stops them, so I would think it would just get left unbroken 90% of the time.

I like himitsu bako over wall of static - WoS isn’t taxing to almost anyone these days, and Bako’s little replacement ability can be good for shifting it to a remote once it’s no longer helping on a central.

Looks like a good start.

A few thoughts:

Wall of Static or Baku are better than rainbow surely? Especially If you want to be able to rush an early Nisei in certain match-ups.

I don’t like the Sundews. I don’t think they will stick unless clogging up the scoring remote and they trash out of centrals really easily. I’m struggling for a better option though since Mental Health Clinic is obviously a no-no. Adonis Campaign at a stretch (see below on influence)?

I dislike Architect in Jinteki. The default assumption against Jinteki is that they will be running some form of net damage ICE and so Mimic tends to be the first breaker. Four influence could be better spent elsewhere I feel and Cortex Lock is a decent ICE at deterring early runs.

Fast Track? I know it’s fashionable, but Nisei into Nisei is sick and you can Fast Track into Nisei, install Edge of World.

1 Like

Inspired by Cspieker’s RP Rush deck and a Biotech deck someone in my local playgroup used, I built this Biotech deck with the intention of being able to set up a flatline or win through agendas depending on hand.

Biotest_sansCric

Agenda (9)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (4)

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

In the few games I played on OCTGN (not SHL4 yet, though), it did okay I think. Setting up a flatline is really hard though, as Gyri Labyrinth is too easily broken and Chairman Hiro is a very vulnerable card and I tend to just chuck him into Archives. I never got off an Edge of World either, which makes me kinda sad. The Shocks are there as an added protection against flood and Noise, since I only run two Jacksons. I really think reducing the handsize is a more valid option over Neural EMPs, because IHW is a thing and a handsize of 1 really, really hurts even if you don’t get killed.

Edit: And as soon as Breaker Bay is on OCTGN, I’ll put a Crick in there somewhere.

Possibly. Rainbows are more resilient to parasite (important if on valley grid server) and more taxing (important if on centrals). Didn’t think about rushing here too much.

Yes, putting them to valley grid remote was the idea. But you’re right Adonis would make more $ faster so the remote could be utilized faster.

Architect was added mainly as tech against ice destruction on the Valley grid remote - getting your ice killed ruins the whole trick.

Correct, but since there is some anti synergy between Cortex and Valley Grid, I decided to not include it.

This is too funny to pass on. I need to make it happen :smile:.

1 Like