Jinteki.net - A deck builder and (soon) game play in the browser

It was likely a lawyer that saw that Jinteki was directly pulling from a site providing high rez pics. They are likely just doing it preemptively before another similar site comes along.

To be perfectly honest, I’m kind of pissed off at @mtgred. We all warned you that this would provoke FFG, and your lack of respect for their IP brought netrunnerdb into it.

Sorry to be devisive, but I really hope this is a lesson to the community. I’m not 100% on FFG’s side here, but I don’t at all think that they are at fault for shutting this project down.

4 Likes

I’m annoyed at him too, but try to be mindful of hindsight bias. We all knew that jinteki.net was going to get the hammer but nobody predicted that the collateral damage would hit netrunnerdb.

I expect that he probably already feels pretty shit right now and a flamefest won’t help anything.

5 Likes

Disagree. As I said before, sites like Untap and Jinteki don’t hurt sales. It’s ignorant for FFG lawyers to shut down any sites, regardless of what IP they are infringing upon. From a business stand-point, it is unnecessary and counter-productive to building customer loyalty and sales. It’s a bad call for FFG from any angle. Any developer, doing anything involving ANR, is helping FFG, period. If FFG would support ANR with a good online platform, we wouldn’t need third party sites. Since they won’t, we do, and FFG needs them, too, whether they know it or not. Even if they argue cardgamedb is good enough, what do they seek to gain by eliminating all other third party sites? Nothing.

1 Like