[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

I tried Punitive RP but you need to cut MHC, which made it a bit unappealing.

I did that in Twins Janus Foundry. Totally jank, but won 3 of 5 games. 2 Flatlines, Sadly no janus kill, which meant that my goal for the tournament wasn’t fulfilled. For some reason no one expects meat damage in HB.

Played my first game of 8-agenda vs @Wosho. Lost the Fragment to a central access and proceeded to lose to NAPD topdeck on scoring out turn. Fuck everything.

2 Likes

the future perfect is insulted and amused you would think adding a 3 point agenda to your deck not named the future perfect would ever be a good idea :smile:

9 Likes

You forgot to add that hacktivist sucks :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I tried the new hotness (3 TFP 3 Nisei 1 Philotic(?) 1 Hades) in my deck the other night. Actually won via scoring out a Hades, but I’ll tell you, unless it’s time to score out the win, I’d much rather see 2 NAPD’s in my hand than 1 Hades.

2 Likes

I do. But that’s because I play with BenConn.

I think the another thread figured that out already ;D

Hey guys, if I have a Crick on archives, can I install over a crick with the sub to force the runner to encounter the new ICE?

AYFKM? You won Worlds?

10 Likes

Why would I know that? Architect can’t trash itself so it never came up?

Oh, misunderstanding!

I didn’t mean FORCE an encounter on the new ICE, I meant force them to encounter if they want to successfully finish the Archives run.

1 Like

Geoff is assuming accesses on a unbiased deck but that doesn’t account for access quality (obviously). HQ is expected to get significantly more dense than R&D in normal play after only a few turns if the corp is actively drawing.

I try to ignore general accesses by restricting my worldview to agenda accesses only. This makes it fairly easy to compare decks with identical deck sizes and agenda counts. I rescale for density when the numbers differ which should basically lead back to Geoff’s assumptions in terms of results (though how to handle TFP would change that).

Anyhow, what you’re looking for (in the worldview I’m using) is the percentage of games won in exactly N agenda accesses. For 9 agenda decks:

3 Hits, 33% TFP loss rate:
2 TFP: 17.6%
3 TFP: 20.4%

4 Hits, 33% TFP loss rate:
2 TFP: 39.6%
3 TFP: 29.4%

3 Hits, 40% TFP loss rate:
2 TFP: 21.3%
3 TFP: 24.8%

4 Hits, 40% TFP loss rate
2 TFP: 41.3%
3 TFP: 31.2%

3 Hits, 50% TFP loss rate:
2 TFP: 27.0%
3 TFP: 32.4%

4 Hits, 50% TFP loss rate
2 TFP: 43.0%
3 TFP: 33.8%

3 TFP is fatter at the end of the tail, but the crossover occurs quite quickly. This would suggest that you don’t need to give up that much more in terms of number of accesses or access quality before 3 TFP wins out over 2 TFP.

@cspieker
54 cards, 3 TFP, 3 three-pointers, 2 two-pointers: 4.13 (5.12)

1 Like

Oh yeah, when I first saw crick, I was immediately like “aha, so you were bullshitting us after all when you said the reason for architect’s parasite-hate ability was just for the sake of rules clarity!” (As for the rule, I got no idea.)

4 Likes

If the answer to this is yes, is there any way to kill someone by whirlpooling them into an arbitrarily large series of cricks?

I think Lucas clarified this a bit ago when it was brought up that under the rulebook, you would technically have to encounter a piece of ICE installed by Architect/Minelayer as that piece of ICE is the outermost that the runner has yet to encounter. See here: http://ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Installing_Ice_Mid-run_Ruling

1 Like

…but there’s been a clarification since, one that basically operated like any sane person would (with a “current position” of the runner relative to the root of the server, and new ICE installed mid-run always appearing “behind him”, so to speak).

I think Lucas clarified this a bit ago when it was brought up that under the rulebook, you would technically have to encounter a piece of ICE installed by Architect/Minelayer as that piece of ICE is the outermost that the runner has yet to encounter.

I thought the reason given for Architect was to avoid confusion between the subroutines. (I.E. I install this Eli in front of the Architect. I want to trash the Architect because it has a Caissa on it. Do I get to fire the second subroutine?)

In that regard, Crick isn’t any more confusing than Minelayer.

1 Like

This seems… how to say this politely… batshit insane. This is so counter intuitive that it is not even funny.

Regarding crick, I can see it work both ways. Send a question to Lukas?