[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

From the latest FAQ:

Approaching Ice
The Runner approaches the outermost piece of ice not already approached during the run on a server only if that ice is closer to the server than the last encountered piece of ice.
Example: During a run on R&D, the Corporation installs a new piece of ice in the outermost position protecting the server with an Architect. The Runner does not encounter that new piece of ice during this run because he has already passed that position.

SO, if you overwrite a Crick on a single ICE server, no? If Crick is the second or more piece of ICE, and you destroy all the ICE to install, yes?

5 Likes

I’ll try it today at my Regional and call a judge. Should be fun.

10 Likes

Don’t go out of time, though!

2 Likes

Good luck in Elim! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Forgot the smiley. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, you did not :smile:

1 Like

I won, muthafucka.

Undefeated in Elims.

7 Likes

I played this. The Blacklist lockout is real. Slot your Femme.

2 Likes

One last note: a lot of RP was playing that new 3/1. It can be quite legit.

I never had any doubts! Did you? Love ya! :wink:

1 Like

I tried out the 8 agenda plan in Boise Idaho and won with it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Going to be testing a build with 0 NAPD (replacing with 2x Fetal AI and a Chronos Project) for my local meta.

Stem Cell Research

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
2x Fetal AI
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (11)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (7)
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
3x Medical Research Fundraiser

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (7)
3x Enigma
2x Lotus Field
2x Tollbooth ••••

Sentry (7)
2x Komainu
3x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1x Tsurugi

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

I’ve been experimenting with the 8 agenda suite – I really like it so far. The extra card slot is huge.

I’m not sure on Cortex Lock but I’m still rocking the triple Tollbooth and a Susanoo. I’ve actually been able to afford to rez this big ice consistently with the addition of 2 Pads and an extra interns to recur Sundew. It’s pretty crazy how much richer this deck feels with just those 3 cards added.

17 Ice seems light but it’s worked well so far. EBC/Blacklist/DBS might be better for some matchups but I kind of like overwhelming the runner with multiple trash targets, especially with two interns to recur Crisium when it’s relevant.

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (8)
1x Fetal AI
1x Hades Fragment
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (13)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
2x PAD Campaign
3x Sundew

Upgrade (3)
2x Caprice Nisei
1x Crisium Grid •

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns

Barrier (3)
3x Eli 1.0 •••

Code Gate (8)
1x Crick
2x Enigma
2x Lotus Field
3x Tollbooth ••••• •

Sentry (6)
2x Cortex Lock
3x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Lukas got asked about the Crick-installing-ice case on twitter
So far it is not clear what the underlying principle is

1 Like

Based on that it seems like the principle is that the next ice has to be in a closer position to the one previously encountered.

Now the real question is, what happens if you got crick->something->cell portal; the crick trashes itself and the something to install an architect, which is encountered according to this ruling; then architect installs crick and something else out in front again; and then cell portal moves you back to the new crick? What is the “outermost position not yet encountered” now?

Definitely gonna bring this combo to worlds.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, architect is accessed not encountered in your example.

It is not that hard. You have a position. This position is in the ICE when you encounter. If it moves, you move with it. If the encounter ends and the run doesn’t (as in crick gets uninstalled), you move to the space between the ice that is destroyed and the next.

See it as road. You have certain stops on your journey the server. Sometimes when you stop and rest at that cozy caravan (bullfrog) it moves, and you move with it.

Sometimes the motel (crick) gets destroyed when you are in it, and you barely get out the window. You don’t have to wait until they build a brand new hotel (Heimdall 2.0), you just continue your walk on the road. The road is still the same, since the motel didn’t move.

That they also demolished the house (quandary) further down the road to build a brand new architect-designed house (ice wall) has no bearing on your current position.

7 Likes

I feel that not having napd decreases scoring windows. It forces the runner to have a stronger economy and that extra click might sometimes be a life-saver. For example, being able to use jackson and then be able to install-advance the agenda you got, or install-advance it and install a caprice in the same turn. Fetal might discourage large R&D digs on the other hand.

A change I have been pondering is exchanging one napd for genetic sequencing. It can be never-advanced, giving you that last point you might need and if it gives you a nisei counter, it basically wins you the match. What do you think, is it worth losing the napd protection?

I would like to vote to move this particular explanation straight into the FAQ :smiley:

6 Likes

How many times (on average) does a runner have to run a Caprice to beat it with 0, 1 or 2 Nisei counters on the board? Thx!

If the psi game is random (it often isn’t but in the case where you need it to be it is) then 1/3, 1/9, 1/27.

Edit: that isn’t actually what you wanted though. Sorry. I guess you need a table of clicks spent vs chance of accessing. Again it depends on how random you think the psi game is.