[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

I’d put a single subliminal in before spending influence on adonis.

subliminal is interesting hadn’t thought of that before.

You get a cute bonus synergy of it being good with Gift!

4 Likes

It’s good with gift and it pressures people into running which is what you want in most cases. It’s just not good enough to run more than 1 really.

1 Like

I would think it’s slightly worse than PAD but I’ve never tried it. One is probably fine.

Has anyone thought of dropping the MHCs for PADs and running Valley Grid as scoring remote protection? If you get a 3-deep server with cheap but hard to parasite ETR ICE (eli, lotus, maybe Bako, etc.), then you can create a scoring server lockout from Caprice and Nisei counters. If you have the Nisei counter, you can keep Caprice on your weakest central since the remote is fully protected for scoring out - probably R&D, especially if you’ve had DBS rolling during the game. Also, as long as the runner isn’t on game point, they can never run your scoring server twice in the same turn.

A good runner should bounce off the first ETR as soon as you rez the valley grid and attempt to hammer your centrals to get the win. In this situation, I think putting all of your potent ICE on the centrals is probably the better play too. Architect (if you have it), Crick, Tollbooth, Susano are killer as outer ICE for your centrals. I think that going back to running ELP is possibly a good play in this type of build too.

Here’s something I just threw together:

Valley P (49 cards)
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

– Agenda (9 cards)
1 Genetic Resequencing
2 NAPD Contract
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect

– Asset (12 cards)
1 Blacklist *
2 Daily Business Show **
1 Executive Boot Camp *
3 Jackson Howard ***
2 PAD Campaign
3 Sundew

– Barrier (4 cards)
2 Eli 1.0 **
2 Himitsu-Bako

– Code Gate (8 cards)
2 Crick
2 Enigma
3 Lotus Field
1 Tollbooth **

– Sentry (4 cards)
3 Pup
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto

– Operation (8 cards)
3 Celebrity Gift
2 Enhanced Login Protocol ****
3 Hedge Fund

– Upgrade (4 cards)
2 Caprice Nisei
2 Valley Grid

After looking at this for a minute, I think probable changes would be to drop 1x Crick, 1x Enigma, 2x ELP for 2x Interns and 2x Architect.

Interesting idea but the flatline occurs at the end of the turn. You can make your hand size -100 as long as you get the winning agenda during that turn. Excalibur + nisei token works a lot better.

Right, that’s why it’s important to try to get set up before the runner is on game point (I think all RP wants to do this, ideally). With very potent ICE and possibly Caprice on your centrals, you’re diminishing the runners desire to run them, even though they have to if they want to score.

Use Crick, Enigma, Bako, Pup, maybe 1 of the Lotus as your cheap, early game ICE for your centrals to tax and slow the runner from getting to game point quickly. Install the susano and tollbooth as the outermost on your HQ/R&D when you draw them with Crick being the outermost on Archives (double Crick the Archives?). Eli and Lotus go on the scoring remote. Might even want a second remote with 1 or 2 of the cheaper ICE to protect your early Sundew. If you need to you can move a Bako to get the scoring remote up to 3 ICE and then just safely score out.

I don’t know, at first thought seems a bit narrow. It takes a while to get a scoring remote set up with 3 ice and a valley grid. You need to do that while preventing the runner getting to match point or your elaborate defence is invalidated. The strategy is further weakened by femme/inside job/parasite/knifed which are all used relatively commonly. In addition you only have 9 ice that the runner actually has to break all the subs of anyway.

I predict you give it a go and find that just sticking an ash and a caprice in the remote works a lot better.

3 Likes

I guess it is, but isn’t all RP pretty narrow?

Protect centrals, get a scoring server rolling with a sundew in it, maybe score an early agenda if a window opens up, preferably a Nisei. Once you money up to 20ish or more where you can rez all your ICE, put a caprice in the scoring remote, score out.

You could argue the same about people running the Excalibur lockout due to Atman/parasite/femme. I think femme is less common than it should be. Lotus Field is an intentional include for the scoring remote since it’s non-parasiteable, and there’s nothing stopping you from putting a cheap fourth ICE on the remote to protect against an femme/Inside Job / cutlery from ruining your plans.

I’ll be giving it a go tonight at my local store. Should get 3 games in.

Valley Grid is a very bad idea. You don’t often rez 3 ICE on a remote if you’re doing it right, and Caprice and Ash do a great job regardless of whether it’s 2 or 3 ICE and regardless of whether they get in twice. Save some time, don’t try it.

3 Likes

Normally you don’t put Sundew in the scoring server, but behind a Pup, Enigma, or other cheap ice. Also, investing in scoring too early can leave centrals vulnerable so it’s usually best to wait until you have your scoring remote with a Caprice and/or Ash anyway, that way you’ll have time to play Celebrity Gift and money up.

dang it, i was doing it wrong all the time

1 Like

You can put sundew either in your scoring server or its own server. Ideally, you have it in its own server, but sometimes it’s unreasonable to expect it to survive unless you put it in the scoring server. Additionally, sometimes it’s good to throw a Sundew in your scoring server between agendas.

2 Likes

I’ve test it and it s not good as you can’t generally protect adonis + sundew

1 Like

It seems like Pad or even Restructure would be better than Adonis and cost no influence. There isn’t exactly a shortage of good things to spend influence on for RP.

1 Like

This is a variation I’ve been using. If I were any good at this game, I think it would really be running quite well. You can adjust the in-faction economy (Medical Research Fundraiser vs. Celebrity Gift) to taste. Agendas could likewise be adjusted to a more-traditional RP spread, but I like the ability to score from hand (and to benefit from the agendas my opponent does manage to steal).

NA RP

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (3)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (11)
1x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)

Barrier (6)
1x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos) ••
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (8)
2x Crick (Breaker Bay)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Wormhole (Order and Chaos) ••••

Sentry (3)
1x Nebula (Order and Chaos) ••
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Other (1)
1x Excalibur (The Source)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I think…and this is mainly spitballing…but if you were going to run Adonis in RP, it would be best served going out of a shell already running Hostile Infrastructure and the associated Breaker Bay Grids, as Adonis gives you additional utility out if BBG if you don’t see the Hostile. Hostile Infrastructure plus HoK pretty much means that your asset economy is either not going to be touched, or will give you a massive scoring window if it is.

1 Like

Sounds like the thread is getting into jank territory. Currently, the main question I have when choosing RP is whether I want Crisium Grid or Blacklist (and I don’t think that’s an easy choice). I’m not screwing around with the rest, save one or two ice for personal preference. Keep it simple. If it sounds too cute, it probably is.

10 Likes

@CJFM > > Currently, the main question I have when choosing RP is whether I want Crisium Grid or Blacklist (and I don’t think that’s an easy choice).

It’s not an easy choice. I think after playing around a bit my personal play style leans towards Crisium but I still don’t have a ton of RP play under my belt. EBC is a great sillver bullet card and the lockout potential with Blacklist is great versus MaxX and rarely against other IDs. However, Crisium feels much more consistently useful.