[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

I won by the skin of my teeth. I managed to go 9-1 on Saturday thanks to @mediohxcore’s Andy and my NEH – but I’m derailing the topic!

I think I’m going to bring RP for regionals, I’ve been experimenting with a bunch of different lists but I’ve really enjoyed having two Tollbooths – it seems like I rarely want to rez Susanoo or Ashigaru when I include them.

Yeah, we didn’t play, then. My RP only lost to 2 Shapers in 12 games at Gencon, Eric Bolvin and @Sirris.

Good luck. I’m considering it, as well, but there is a lot of hate. 1 Tollbooth, 2 Tollbooth, ELP, no ELP… these are all judgment calls. Not sure if any are the ‘Ultimate Build’.

1 Like

the diverse runner meta kind of precludes an ultimate RP build right now, in my opinion. including ELP can be strong if Stealth Andy’s free security runs are big in your scene, relying on Susan and maybe even splashing a Blacklist (idk, i haven’t tried it myself) might work better if all of your area’s top-players are rocking Kate. tech for one of those (or one of the many other viable runner builds right now) weakens you to others. not saying anything new, but i already typed this up so might as well hit this reply button!

Ah, gotcha. There must have been someone else packing toothy RP!

I like the one of Crisium Grid in the OP, it seems useful in nearly every matchup nowadays.

On the agenda front, I’ve been liking the sneaky philotic instead of one TFP. It has enabled easy 4 agenda wins quite a bit for me. Granted, having 4 free to steal agendas might be too big of a trade off.

Fetal is an interesting choice, @mediohxcore. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you originally replace the Fetal with the 3rd TFP to be able to rush out games quicker in a tournament settings? That seems like a valid concern, especially for some match ups. One of my “sparring partners” plays pancake Noise and it definitely seems like path to victory there is to rush as fast as possible. I’d be worried about adding another agenda that you didn’t really want to score.

I know some people swear by two interns in RP but I have trouble fitting them without cutting ice which seems counter productive. DBS and Crisium fight for those slots, I suppose.

Not sure about TFP in the noise matchup. On the one hand, yes, you do want to rush. On the other, milling a TFP can screw you pretty bad.

I have thought about the 2nd interns and came to the same conclusion, that cutting ICE is too dangerous.

@mediohxcore
How do you find the 1-of each of DBS and Crisium? I actually do like running both, but having haven’t ever tried to split it up like you did. Drawing DBS early is usually pretty awesome to filter through the deck, or a straight up 4c trash for the runner; and having the Crisium gives me the slight assurance of not getting “replacement effected” to death by legwork/makers eye/keyhole. Just unsure of how reliable the two cards may be if split up even when I love running 1 of in the runner decks.

I think of DBS as sort of like a 4th Jackson, so in that sense it is consistent. Crisium because I had 1 inf leftover. You don’t see either consistently, but that’s not such a big deal.

Interns makes crisium loads better.

That’s interesting. I guess if you view the DBS as a Jackson it won’t affect the consistency at all. I will try it out a few times and see, since like you mentioned earlier, only one DBS is ever needed to stick around. Extras are more or less luxury. As for my snares I’m honestly just seeing how it goes. I have never added them into my RP ever since I started really playing it from last October.

Experience wise, I think I always remember the worst. Such as running on two cards and got flatlined by a janky RP’s r&d snare in a tournament… Then again, I loved having 2 Fetal in the deck at one point, since it did ping a few key cards out of the Andy decks at the time.

Not having interns does make me a bit uneasy though.

Yeah, that’s what I think too. If I really am going to keep the snares, I won’t have interns. Interns is a pretty amazing card for all the upgrades or against any milling. If I don’t have access to interns, I’m a bit hesitant to split up my DBS for a Crisium.

A couple Snares and a Fetal go a long way towards the runner respecting your net damage (even if its just pups, which can be annoying when the runner uses your own ICE like a garbage disposal, rather than paying the credits)

Against a less experienced player who was using the Stealth Andy, I trashed both of his ghost runners when he hit my snare on last click. That really slowed him down on top of the cards he lost in hand. He started to be really careful on my r&d digs after. Though, like I said, he was way less experienced and ran last click, which don’t quite happen that often with seasoned Andy players.

I didn’t mean I wanted to bring it back for competitive play. Waaaay to much Kate, Keyhole, and IHW in MN/WI metas during SCs and Regionals. Just for some fun on game nights because people tend to play less competitively those days; at least at FFG Center. We still play this game for fun, right?

Come to think of it, the net damage route out of RP might not be as good for the same reasons… Maybe I’ll try it without and see what happens.

I find it interesting that people are doing Ashigaru over Komainu now. I have to give that a try. Is it because Femme basically gets through Komainu for nothing? Doesn’t Tollbooth have pretty much the same problem? Anyone keen on taking it out?

Hard to say, Snare! was kind of THE reason you didn’t run last click, and you don’t see people run it so much anymore. I think even IF you can’t rely on people hitting it last click and not clearing tags–having Snares! keeps them honest.

Well on the bright side, people might think I’m running some sort of crazy jank. That would be a nice boon haha…

Sorry. ^^’ I didn’t mean to be rude or anything, I really did consider it since it’s one of my favourite archetypes (won 2 tournaments with it). But since it’s one of my tournament deck, my friends and I don’t really consider it as a fun one. :smile:

It’s because Komainu keels over and dies the second someone waves a Parasite at it, mostly.

1 Like

And it doesnt stop the runner in those moments where you desperatly need it to.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/you-filthy-casual-meme.jpg

14 Likes

Well played.