[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Any chance you could share this list? I’ve been wanting to play net damage RP forever, and every time I start building something in the lab I just throw up my hands and say “fuck it, I’m playing glacier”.

Am I crazy or is 3x Tollbooth actually pretty damn good in this meta? Every time I go to slot a Susanoo/Tsurugi/Ashigaru I say to myself “I kind of wish this were another Tollbooth…”

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ll post it up in a bit. I need to add it to NRDB, and remove a few things to fit another Jack. Two works, but it I really believe every Corp deck is at its best with 3.

Sounds not crazy to me

1 Like

feels good man

(Although this win had more to do with DBS firing the entire game)

5 Likes

When will people ever learn? I mean, really - all that econ, and he never blows up a DBS? You could be playing Gagarin janktacular and that could lose him the game.

I don’t really have a detailed analysis and I don’t plan on writing one because the deck is going to be retooled very soon. To be honest, it has been sitting in my deck boxes up until the past few weeks because I was testing Blue Sun and Foundry. I just recently rediscovered my passion for 'Teki.

Here are some quick notes:

• The best pieces of ICE are Caprice and Ash; but you already knew that. Wraparound could likely be swapped for a Viper if there isn’t a ton of Eater floating around.
  • Fetal, a recent change, is played over NAPD due to Valencia testing being heavy here and it’s more damage!
  • Tollbooth is awesome, unless Femme is around. Having more than one is great because of that. ELP could likely drop for another.
  • Another route the deck could take is Grails. Might not be a bad combo with Merlin for some Triwizard or Wizard + Snare kills.
  • Komainu could probably drop for an Ashigaru. I like the idea of the tax that card provides better, doesn’t die immediately to Parasite, and can’t be Femme’d for 0c bypass.
  • It really is just non-Grail RP with a damage threat. Plays pretty much the same, just be mindful that you can protect HQ with some snare, or overdraw with Jack to toss Shock in Archives.
  • One version had Shi.Kyu, and this was wonderful when it landed on a scored TPF. That said, making it consistent it not worth 3x slots, and 1x ain’t consistent.

As requested, here is my damage focused version of the deck:

'Cause I’m the Taxman
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
15 influence spent (max 15)
Cards up to The Spaces Between

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (12)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
1x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between) ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (6)
1x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

Speaking of damage RP, has anyone else played around with the grind fest of Hostile Infrastructure, Hokusai Grid, Tori Hanzo, House of Knives and whatnot? It really, really shuts down Eater Keyhole HARD, as you can put Hokusai and Tori on R&D to shut down Keyhole and still have the ability to rez a Caprice on HQ to stop Vamp/Wanton without losing your R&D protection.

its ok. your ice suite has to be cheaper because hostile, tori and hokusai get spendy real quick. just rezzing all that stuff and triggering tori once is 12 credits. that is ultimately the problem i found with snares in RP too. i just didnt consistently have 4 credits lying around because it wold mean i would dip too low to use caprice and play psi games to defend TFP.

1 Like

I won a Regionals today with this deck. I think it’s pretty neat. I like the Ice suite. ELP was surprisingly effective considering the rise of Kate, but might be worth cutting for Tollbooth, which is very good in the curent meta.

Identity: Jinteki: Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: 21 / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
2x Daily Business Show ●●
2x Jackson Howard ●●
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew

ICE (17)
2x Cortex Lock
2x Crick
3x Eli 1.0 ●●●
1x Himitsu-Bako
2x Lotus Field
2x Quandary
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1x Swordsman
1x Tollbooth ●●
2x Tsurugi

Operation (9)
3x Celebrity Gift
2x Enhanced Login Protocol ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ●●
3x Caprice Nisei

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about what @mediohxcore said about dropping Enhanced Login Protocol because of Kate. Does the presence of Hacktivist Meeting change the equation? It feels like it’s potentially the most destructive runner current and RP certainly likes to rez stuff… Lots of Anarchs in my local meta, but at the Regional next weekend it’s probably going to be a bit more of an even split. What do people think?

Can you not play 1 cerebral static for an influence free way to turn off Hacktivism. Also Andy is way less popular at the moment so it’s not blank very often. It’s not ELP, but it’s still pretty handy.

Yeah could do, I was more thinking ELP because it synergises with the deck. I had two copies in originally at around the time of Worlds, but as always it’s tight for influence and they went in place of DBS and another Tollbooth.

Andromeda isn’t the only consideration: Valencia has done her damage by the time the game starts and she is popular in my neck of the woods after a good showing at the recent Regional in London. I suppose the advantage of Cerebral Static is that it makes the game with Noise pretty much a lock (unless he has a current to trash the Static).

2 Likes

But Valencia usually has a current of her own that you can play cerebral static to counter. Andy is the only ID that it’s blank against. Kate is close though, which is the big turnoff. Card is totally insane vs maxx, noise, and kit though.

I would say that it does quite a lot against kate too, especially in the beginning. Kate having to pay the Kate-tax? Witchcraft I say!

3 Likes

How did you like the ice composition? Is there anything you would like to change (except maybe another tollboth)?

I accidentally posted the second-to-last edition. I had already made a single change: -1 Tsurugi, +1 Enigma.

I really liked the Ice composition. Cortex Lock is really nice early-to-late and won me games. Crick is a brilliant card - not a 3-of, though. Won me a hillarious game single-handedly, which you can read about later today. Eli is just smashing against Anarchs and Criminals, and getting double-Eli down early on R&D is kinda harsh on Kate.
The one-of Himitsu-Bako is great for protecting a Sundew, etc - or just shutting an Eater-deck out of a remote. Lotus Field is also amazing. Forces either Atman strength 4 (which hits Eli, Cortex Lock & Lotus Field) or CyCy from Kate and is just harder to deal with for other decks. Quandary is also great in that regard. The 1x Susanoo did not see play the entire day, as I didn’t draw her in any relevant games, but she’s an anti-Kate powerhouse. I did however meet it while I was playing Kate and oh my God am I glad I played 1x Datasucker - otherwise you’re basically just fucked.
Swordsman is great as a one-of. Tollbooth is a really great card.
Enigma is just a nice, low-cost code gate that might get cut for something else. Dunno about Tsurugi. Didn’t play it all day but I often feel like the card is low-impact for the cost. Doesn’t allow you to stabilize as much as Toolbooth or Susan against Kate or something like that.

So yeah, overall I was very happy. Everything had its place and I’m sure the Ice composition was one of the reasons I didn’t drop a single RP game all day.

I went forth with this deck in the first regional I played this year (cards up to the Valley). Things I would change: 1x FTP → Fetal AI, PAD Campagin → Crick. The reasoning for Markus instead of Eli is simple, I don’t want people to be able to bounce without paying anything. So far it worked really well. So good in fact that I played NEH the next regional. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (12)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew
1x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (10)
3x Celebrity Gift
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (4)
3x Markus 1.0 •••
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma
2x Lotus Field
2x Tollbooth ••••

Sentry (7)
2x Cortex Lock
1x Ichi 1.0 ••
3x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

A few questions for the experienced RP players in this thread:

• what runner decks do you consistently have problems with? Stealth Andy would be one of my guesses (but 1 or no parasite seems to be bad in the match up), but which others?

• I’ve had RP players use Chronos project against me with harsh effects on my mid-to-late econ in PP-Kate. I can see the obvious downsides – doesn’t fit the 3 agendas to win plan and no useful against criminals. However, PP-Kate is very popular now-a-days as is parasite recursion. Thoughts on effectiveness or just too narrow and non-synergistic to use?

I think Noise can be a real pain for RP, since it doesn’t usually want to go too fast, and Noise will mill you to death. So you really have to shift your game plan. RegMaxx with all the parasites and such can be a problem too. The PPVP Kate deck can multi-access you to death as well, it’s always threatening.

Most RP decks these days don’t lean so hard on the sentries, so Stealth Andy isn’t a terrible thing to face. She still has to win psi games and all that. I’m of the opinion that Stealth Andy is just not good. She has some very bad matchups, especially Blue Sun. I think you are handicapping yourself playing Stealth Andy–don’t worry too much about her.

I won a store champs off of a ridiculous Chronos Project in the first game of the grand finals (I was winner’s bracket finalist). It was versus PPVP Kate and he had some good momentum–until I trashed his entire deck that he was about to Levy. It’s a good call.