[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

How is double Himitsu-Bako or double Crick a combo?

EDIT:
Haha oh wow what has Lukas been smoking

7 Likes

Double bako is an awesome counter to geist.

If you take away all the ice, he doesnā€™t have anything to use his breakers on and thus canā€™t draw cards! Itā€™s foolproof!

6 Likes

Well no thats just silly :stuck_out_tongue: but stacking any etr is a good counter to any deck relying on the B&E suite. Bako is the cheapest option in RP unless your pack quandary.

Bako breaks for 1 with Corroder, though, and most B&E decks run permanent breakers, too.

3 Likes

Whooo boy, 17 ice is not a lot for RP. You can still close out games, but things can be a bit dicey as youā€™re setting up.

The change was basically 1 Bako for the 2nd Batty. You could always replace the Restructure if you wanted an 18th piece of ICE I guess. Do you typically run more than 18?

I donā€™t think itā€™s worth trying to set up the double Bako combo. But if youā€™re playing Bako then you should be aware of the option when they parasucker down a piece of ice in front of the Bako. For example with a server of Tollbooth > Ichi 1.0 > Bako if they parasucker down the Ichi then you can make them approach Tollbooth again if you want.

2 Likes

Just make sure to bring your lawyer to explain to your opponent exactly why what youā€™re doing is legal.

9 Likes

I ran 19 ice for as long as I could get away with it, but I was actually referencing @mediohxcoreā€™s winning list with my post. Got absolutely wrecked by Noise last night. Having less ice makes that matchup even harder than it was already.

Is that true? Thatā€™s actually pretty hilarious.

If I ever have a server like Archer > Quandary > Bako and I can see my opponent intends to Parasite the Quandary mid-run I would definitely be like ā€œcan you please install the Parasite while you are encountering Archer? it will save us a lot of time, trust meā€

1 Like

Ah, but what if itā€™s going to get suckered down like an Enigma? They still have to destroy it while encountering the ICE destroyed, which leaves the play open.

Yep, thereā€™s no avoiding it in that case.

Temptation would be too strong to pull the Bako and lose your soul.

1 Like

Himitsu Bako has by now simply become a tool to join the very dark side of rules lawyering based on Lukasā€™ Twitter rulings.

2 Likes

Can someone link me to this Bako ruling that everyone is excited about?
Thx!

1 Like

Yeah what is this bako necromancy? I canā€™t find anything about it but it sounds like Cell Portal disguised as Himitsu? The world is going crazy.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m doing this right. Itā€™s in post 713 on the official rules question thread, and the ensuing discussion.

EDIT: Itā€™s basically that if your ICE is destroyed during encounter and some other ICE is destroyed/removed at the same time, you continue your run from however many ICE you were away from the end of the server, so if the server was

Tollbooth
Bako
Bako

and youā€™d finished passing tollbooth, the corp could pull both Bakos back when youā€™re encountering the first Bako. Since you were encountering the 2nd from inner ICE at the time of the disruption, you move on to encounter the 1st innermost ICE, which is now Tollbooth (again!).

If they remove the Bakos while youā€™re encountering Tollbooth still, you go along for the ride with the booth for some reason and end up at the server!

6 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™d reply, as I am filled with so many questions, but donā€™t want to muck up this thread.