[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Go to town with the questions in the linked Official Rules Questions thread. There was a good many posts on the subject there!

1 Like

Little Engine, Bako, Bako server is so much better for joyrides. Choo, choo!

I know this is supposed to be about the Best Deck Ever, but has anyone been playing RP shell game or RP kill lately?

I tried kill…for 5 games. Killed 3 and lost 1…scored vs the last. Its okay.

nvm going to play nbn forever thanks anyway

something about vanity project

How are you scoring out? OZ will take 3 turns, won’t it?

On the topic of different agenda suites, could Global Food Initiative (the 5/3 that’s only worth 2 for the runner) find a place? Probably something like 3x TFP, 3x Nisei, 1x GFI, 1x NAPD. It has the benefits of the 8 agenda build, but it means the only way the runner’s winning off 3 agendas is if you lose a psi game.

7 Likes

You dooooo realize that the reason RP is so good is because of Nisei MK 2, right?

3 Likes

They do asset econ pretty well for Jinteki, too.

RP Nesei(s) glacier is one way to do RP, and it’s probably the best. However, there are other ways to build RP and it’s quite probably that some of them don’t need Nesei to end runs. I think the posted deck probably has some issues scoring out of the remote, but I don’t think Nesei is the only thing that makes RP as an ID strong.

They do it fine, but if you’re doing Asset Econ, you have better options in IG. But the hypothetical brew posted is basically RP Glacier without MK 2.

1 Like

This setup is not much safer than the normal one and losing Nisei is a big deal. RP relies pretty hard on a midgame nisei against the decks that can out-econ it late.

1 Like

Whats the feeling about going to 8 agendas with the 4th 3 pointer being global food initiative? Its 1 inf though.

i think GFI will be in every deck running 5/3s. making it so the runner has to score 4 to win while the corp only needs 3 is amazing not to mention the hilarity that can ensure with punitive counterstrike.

i think HB and weyland get the most from it though. it the ideal 5/3 for HB glacier and lets weyland fill out their agenda suite with less chance of losing a game they had well in hand when the runner oops finds both 5/3s in the deck on a glory run.

Punitive counterstrike will do 2 meat and not 3 (see ANCUR for punitive counterstrike and The Board).

3 Likes

I think you might take one GFI so that you can run 8 agendas without incurring the risk of your unprotected 3-pointer getting stolen and actually being worth 3 points for the Runner. The deck slot may be worth the 1 inf.

6 Likes

This is my thinking.

I don’t get this 8 agenda thing. NAPD is my least favorite part of facing RP and if they are only running 1 that makes me happy. GFI means there are 33% more agendas that I can actually steal early! Is 1 deck slot really worth it? What am I missing?

One less agenda means that RP is running that card slot as un-stealable. Protecting RnD is more than just agendas defending themselves; if you can run fewer agendas the scarcity is self defending, too.

5 Likes

GFI only being worth 2 points for the Runner means they’re still generally going to have to access 4-6 agendas in order to actually win the game, which is not easy when you only have 8 agendas and 4 of them protect themselves. Unless they get a lucky first psi game TFP, they aren’t winning on 3 agenda accesses.

IIRC, someone did some simulation work upthread (or maybe it was a different thread?) showing that 9 agendas with 20 points (3x TFP, 3x Nisei, 2x NAPD, 1 Chronos) is more resilient than 9 agendas with 21 points (the third NAPD over the Chronos) and slightly better than 8 agendas with 20 points (Hades Fragment and one NAPD).

If I’m right about that, then 8 agendas with 20 points for the Corp and 19 for the Runner seems like the best of both worlds, to me, even if that means 4/8 self-protecting agendas rather than 5/9 (Chronos) or 6/9 (3x NAPD).

Edit: In addition, scoring the Chronos generally doesn’t help RP win the game (that is, if you score it, you’re almost certainly winning by scoring 4 agendas instead of 3), so although it’s probably the best option in the 1-pointer slot, it doesn’t add a ton of value. Cutting it, gaining a slot that could be ice or Interns, and also bringing the point value in the deck down to 19 for the Runner seems quite strong.

3 Likes