[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Maybe things have changed, but in the hayday of RP it was widely considered a trap to worry too much about putting punishing ice on centrals. Taxing them a click was the real cost, and while crick was good on archives, it was fine to stick eli or other end the run ice on HQ or R&D–I’d rather play better ice and not worry about punishing the runner. You can always stick a pup outside the kakugo later in the game if it becomes worthwhile.

As always, there is a gap between the ideal strategy (face-check punishing ICE on all centrals) and the reality of the cards in your hand.

Don’t let the best possible play stop you from making a good play. Particularly when you don’t have the right cards for the best play.

I was actually running Batty more for ETR backup if I lost the Caprice Psi game. I’ve changed the deck a bit to be 2 Caprice 2 Batty as well.

Why are you dropping batty but not increasing caprice? Caprice is the ultimate in remote defense. Combined with a MKII it’s downright crazy.

1 Like

I have always been a fan of taxing clicks and credits on central runs. Giving them a free Eli/vanilla/kakugo bounce off R&D weakens the position you have with RP. Fundamentally you want a big, thorny piece of ice on the exterior that they are forced to deal with. DNA, Chiyashi, Komainu, Tsurugi, crick are great choices. Aiki is a great cheap choice at 3 for Gordian/BO.

I generally think the batty clown car strategy is better in Palana (which is maybe better overall), and Sandberg takes better advantage of the asset econ you can run in RP. If you’re able to stick a Sundew or two you quickly gain enough credits to lock runners out.

I also think having a current is critical to clear strokes and hacktivists. ELP is classic but Scarcity might also be good.

I think the current game is a really important one to make, for both Hacktivist and E-strike.

Scarcity works as well, though ELP is classic. Perhaps one of both. I am glad RP is back again before it rotates. I have played RP since 2014. It makes me happy.

I am just not sure what to do in terms of deckslots with my last 4 influence which is why I’m on ELP. Ash or Tollbooth would both maybe be good, but I’m not sure what to cut to make room for Scarcity.

Thanks for your feedback guys. I updated the deck with the changes and game play styles suggested and finally won a game! ELP was solid gold and putting non ETR, but taxing ice on centrals did prove to be a key strategy mistake I was making.

Do people like Enforcing Loyalty or Voter Intimidation as their in faction hate card?

RP Glacier

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (10)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (5)

Other (1)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.