[Kate] Redefining Shaper Control Decks

Don’t call it a comeback… :wink:

3 Likes

What do you usually use Artist Colony for in here? Just a tech slot for SYNC/Butcher?

Also good if you score an even number of 1 pointers from most decks. 2nd Breaking news usually doesn’t do much for you. Using it on 15 minutes is super MTG.

2 Likes

its also quite good vs kill decks, if you can manage to score something before they try and kill you. (you can react after 1st scorch or traffic accident to sac points and pull out plascrete)

Is it just an econ card here, giving you 3 clicks for 0-1 credits, or is there some other strong use for those clicks? With no Leprechaun, do you always fire it straight after install?

I fire it immediately after install 9.5 times out of 10. It’s also an econ card most of the time, but it’s good vs. RP on turns you need to clean up some sundews, good vs SYNC to go check some data raven bullshit and have clicks to remove the tag, all kinds of stuff.

1 Like

Artist Colony takes a hot dump on rush. And it provides a nice way to find Clot or Plascrete against all odds.

I’ve seen it used to great success in those Aesops Hayley decks which tended to have speed problems but crazy late game.

If you are really against it there is always Film Critic. RP is fairly popular in the top tables.

1 Like

:hash: Bring it back.

Piloted Apoc Kate to 2nd at a SC yesterday. It preformed extremely well, going 5-1.

Katepocolypse (2nd, Uncles Bellevue SC)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (19)
3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]••••• ••••[/color]
2x Day Job (Order and Chaos) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆☆[/color]

Resource (8)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•[/color]

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains) [color=#32CD32]☆[/color]
1x Chameleon (The Underway)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)

Program (6)
3x Hyperdriver (The Underway)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Card choices explained in the writeup. This deck is still good, especially in a field with no NEH. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Got 2nd in Portland this evening with @Calimsha 's Hyperdriver Kate, card for card. Thought about switching the tech up, but left it as is. The only game I dropped was due to really, really bad play from me in the final round. Had it in the bag; gave it away hard. Such is life! Deck’s solid as shit, though.

3 Likes

The top 2 at our last SC up here in Seattle were both Gagarin/Kate, and now you down there? Is this the new meta?

Shit yes, son. Gagarin for life. The shit’s actually really good atm, I think. And Kate’s just been a solid card for eons.

2 Likes

Hyperdriver Kate + paricia for me. :slight_smile:

No kill decks in Seattle? (No Plas :-o)

Yup. Plus antisynergy with Apoc.

Which is funny, because Seattle used to be all kill decks all the time.

We are the home of Butchershop and Glass Shop. However, I think that kill really isn’t good right now in general, due to the abundance of I’ve Had Worse. So the Seattle meta has adapted to this new no kill meta, and as long as Anarch is dominant, I don’t think kill will be fantastic. Now that people are realizing kill is hard to pull off, people stopped playing it, so I stopped playing protection.

For the record, I played one plas. But I never installed it…

1 Like

Thinking back on the tournaments I attended – I needed Plas for at least one Swiss game in each, plus an Elim game in the two where I made Elim. It was a clear “Plas wins, no Plas loses” situation … so I should probably keep it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried slotting in d4v1d over parasite (dropping a lady to make room)?
It seems that d4v1d would do more work in this meta than parasite, especially sans datasucker

Hi pals, I’d love to hear some opinions about this deck, as I am a terrible deck builder.

So, I have not played NR for a few months and next week I will attend to a small tourney so started looking at decks and felt pretty lost about how to build my shaper.dec now.

I glanced netrunnerdb and saw those apocalypse kate and hyperdriver kate decks. i decided to try hyperdriver kate and it was good and fun. I did not try the apoc kate deck but honestly even if it is probably good I don’t think is a deck I will enjoy.

So I was settled in that Hyperdriver deck but then…Honestly, i don’t want to play faust. Every deck I played had faust and most corps I faced slotted some Faust hate too. it was crazy. So I decided to modify the deck to not include faust just to fulfill my special snowfalke symdrome I guess.

This is the deck I ended after some brewing. Nothing original, just good-stuff-shaper.deck.

In my times we did not had Faust, we had Atman!

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (16)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
1x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆☆☆[/color]
1x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Technical Writer (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains) [color=#32CD32]☆☆[/color]
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]

Program (6)
1x Clot (The Valley) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x Datasucker (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆ ••[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Soooo… pretty classic kate deck. But instead of faust I go back to the old mimic + sucker or NRE to deal with sentries and remote lock as always. Slotting the clot to deal with Fastro, of course. Atman is back, as atman at four is just bonkers against HB and with stimhack back in the deck can solve some ice problems. Also having datasucker makes the parasite better.

While I like the breaker package I am totally lost about the rest.

Proco I guess is our best draw/econ engine now so It was pretty clear. I removed the hyperdrivers because even if they are awesome for building up they are dead draws later as i have no faust to ditch them.

I am not sure about the tech writers, I guess they can give me a better late game but not sure about them. Also it worries me that my only silver bullet is a single plascrete, I am pretty bad at playing the murder matchup so I was debating to add a second one or maybe a artist colony. Artist colony seems good I guess, but it can be so situational.
Also, not sure about no escher or scavenges.

Anyway. I’d love to hear some sugestions from you. I am very rusty so It will be very appreciated.