[Kate] Redefining Shaper Control Decks

Some people enjoy verbosity?

1 Like

HB: Ending the Fun

1 Like

stronger together glacier is decent now. i run all the mid strength bioroids, econ cards and influence is jackson, ice walls and 3 trick of lights. i haven’t lost with it yet BUT it takes about an hour to win a game. you are poor, the runner is poor and you both are stuck in this sort of netrunner purgatory of gaining money and passing the turn. i can play about 2 games with it before i want to never play the deck again.

you also really feel the loss of ETF credits. the games go so long you are missing out on 15-20 credits you would have had if you were ETF which i guess is fair exchange for non E3 runners unable to run any server efficiently. i havent minded atman too much either because of all the subs on the bioroids and initial investment the runner has to make to stick an atman at 4 and 5.

2 Likes

One of the key things to the newer glaciers, like HB Red Coat, is the amazing amount of credits they are able to generate. Beyond the, “Sure I’ll pay cash for that Janus,” it enables a great deal of flexibility on the corp side. A big chunk of this is bankrolled by EtFs ability.

That’s true, but there’s another way of looking at things: by making each piece costlier to break, you actually get to tax more for the same rez money - so, by extension, taxing for the same amount costs you less. So far in my experience, that has turned out to be roughly equivalent to the +1 credit per turn that you get out of EtF.

The impact that +1 Stregth to Ichi 1.0, Viktor 1.0 and Eli 1.0 has is… not to be underestimated.

(I’m curious whether we’ll ever get Eli 2.0)

I really hope not! ICE between Eli and Heimdall would be super tricky to deal with. Probably better than Hive. (Eli 1.0 might already be better than Hive). At least the 2.0 bioroidness wouldn’t improve an Eli. There’s no point in clicking through one of his subs.

I think these last 10 or so comments are off the “Shaper Control” topic and on to a new “HB: Redcoats/Glacier” topic :).

4 Likes

Even worse, they are talking about Stronger Together. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

i just played this deck, but adjusted it to my taste:
-1 grimoire
-1 atman
-1 indexing
+1 akamatsu
+1 parasite
+1 test run

i was playing vs midseason/scorch nbn. i was ahead with credits for 3/4 of the game having 30+ at some point. but not having plascrete in that matchup hurts a lot. id win way faster with plascrete insurance. any idea how to fit 2 copies?

Off topic, who’s that guy? Is that hypo??!?

1 Like

Aha, yes, that’s me. Crushing El-Ad Amir from the NYC group ;).

I still cannot believe my tiebreakers left me at 33rd!

2 Likes

Oh. Brutal. Couldn’t see that far down from 8th. :wink:

2 Likes

Just played this deck - as is, for my first time - against a Weyland advanceable ICE deck with very strong ICE (Hadrian’s Wall, etc). I was able to snatch two agendas early on from their hand before they really got the central servers locked down. Long match, difficult with Atman+Datasucker after they had iced up HQ and R&D.

Here’s the best part - I won after using a first run Escher to rearrange the ICE and they didn’t have enough credits left to rez anything. One more successful run on HQ won it.

2 Likes

Speaking of Worlds, I played in T32 with Katman v. Weyland: BWBI. Toughest match of the day for me.

Well done.

Hi, i’ve made a couple of modifications from my last build and it looks like that. I still need to cut a card so I could fit my deck back to 45 cards but I don’t have any clues on what should I remove. Any ideas ? Or should I just play with 46 cards ?

Kate Blitz

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (21)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (11)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Desperado (Core Set) •••
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (1)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (7)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

I’d say the most cuttable card is probably Same Old Thing.

I might do something like:
-1 Indexing
-1 Levy AR
-1 Same Old Thing
+1 R&D interface
+1 Gordian Blade/or other codebreaker

Maybe it’s my meta but there’s a lot of competitive jinteki (mostly the PE with shutdown & trash program) there and even with recursive deus X/Sharpshooter, I still don’t feel really safe to play against without the Levy AR. With other decks, it won me a ton of games so I dunno.

Yeah, with no sustainable economy, playing without LARLA is risky. Even if you don’t use it, it’s nice to know you can play it for 2c and cycle through your economic operations again.

Desperado seems like an odd choice as a one-of. Odds are you won’t draw it early enough to gain the credit per run, and after that point, it’s mostly an expensive Akamatsu mem Chip. As for what I’d cut, I’d say an Indexing since you have two and a R&DI.

It’s mostly a placeholder, to be honest. I’ve 3 influences to spare and it was either a grimoire + stimhack and akamatsu, or I can remove a datasucker, play nerve agent / grimoire + 1 akamatsu but I don’t feel really ok with playing only 2 datasucker.

I’ll probably get a bunch of grief for this, but if you are splashing one console, Doppelganger may be the better choice. It pairs well with Indexing and Escher, and works better against Jinteki. I’d only recommend it if runs are cheap and you have abundant economy.