Kitchen Table Netrunner - Podcast

No worries! Its much better than a couple of other ‘DIY’ podcasts I listen to. Especially if you’re recording actually in your kitchen on a smartphone. You’ve generally done really well to balance the volume of the two speakers. It was mainly Nicole’s reaction to Magnum Opus getting rotated that made my ears wince :smile:

Sorry about the gap - babies and podcasting don’t mix! Stealth, Regionals, and Creation & Control are all up for discussion today (or whenever you happen to listen to this).

4 Likes

In the depths of the competitive season, we’re back to talk about Regionals, preparing for Nationals/Worlds, the Stimhack Online Cache Refresh 10 tournament, and an interview with NISEI lead web developer Ian Witt, who was kind enough to visit us in the Rose City and talk about his work.

3 Likes

Hey we’re back and trying a shorter episode format to stay topical. We’re covering all the excitement from the 7 new Uprising cards and the MWL changes.

4 Likes

I’m tired and going to sleep, but we finished Episode 11, bringing you interviews conducted EARLIER TODAY at Crown of Lasers. It’s the next best thing to being there yourself (and if you are here, you can listen too - there’s lots of good guest content).

2 Likes

And one more for day 2 (or the real day 1, depending on your counting system)

1 Like

One last time, we bring you interviews from Worlds, this time with Standard champions, both CableCarnage from the Nisei Standard Jnet event and Pinsel, the new world champion! Stick around for the latest news from NISEI and maybe even some spoilers found nowhere else!

Interview selfie gallery here (including my selfie with the World Champion mat): https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q2FauNFSo665C6m76

3 Likes

It was great to meet you all (!) of you in person in Rotterdam :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your passionate work on keeping the hype audible and fun :fireworks:

3 Likes

Hey we’re back, talking details about System Gateway and bringing you coverage of US Nationals. Also make sure to catch our scoops December 2nd!

3 Likes

Uprising Spoilers:

4 Likes

Uprising fell set impressions:

4 Likes

Interview with NISEI’s McGregor Crowley:

4 Likes

An appreciation of all the work the community is doing, and support for the Black Lives Matter tournament:

Episode 18: Quarantine Events and Black Lives Matter Tournament | Kitchen Table Netrunner

3 Likes

Here’s the latest, all about the big events in the recent past and near future (plus new entrants to the podcast scene).

2 Likes

Hey we finally got our Worlds audio pieced together into something as coherent as normal!

3 Likes

At it again for the holidays - enjoy!

2 Likes

The Scoops have arrived!

2 Likes

Hello KTN! I wanted to give you some feedback and tell you a bit about my Netrunner experience.

From hearing your first episode, it sounds like we both got into the game about the same time and in the same way. I had only played ANR a couple times before I collected the entire collection. When I heard it was being canceled, I rushed to get everything. Most of my play experience had come from first time players, including my son who is my regular opponent.

When I discovered your podcast, I thought it was something that would mirror my experience with ANR; 2 players playing at the kitchen table and discovering the game by moving their way through unopened data packs. In fact, my son and I are starting off with only using the original core set and Terminal Directive to make decks and learn the nuances of the game.

When I heard you mention mandatory rotation, Jinteki.net, and tournament play, I realized that your podcast was moving beyond the kitchen table into something bigger. In your most recent episode, you compared your podcast to other ANR podcasts. I’ve listened to those other podcasts but always felt they didn’t address my experiences. I doubt I’ll ever play in a tournament and unfortunately, game stores in my area see Netrunner as “that dead card game we don’t play anymore”.

As for me and my son, we’ll play through Terminal Directive, then move on to another limited card pool. Maybe we’ll play one cycle at a time, or maybe use only the core set and the deluxe sets for a while. But we won’t be striving to place better in tournaments or debating continuing rules changes.

Now for my feedback. I feel like your podcast no longer reflects the experiences of a couple playing a casual game with each other, but has instead moved more into the competitive arena. Unfortunately, I can’t relate to that, because for me, ANR will most likely remain a 2 player game. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy the podcast, because I do. At some point, I may collect the continuing product put out by Nisei, but only when it reaches a point where the original ANR cards are no longer needed.

Thanks for all the work to do to produce your podcast and congratulations on its success!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this note - it totally reshaped how we think about the podcast going forward.

1 Like

For episode 23 - we’re declaring the end of Season 1 after 2+ years and discussing the direction of Season 2.

2 Likes