Kiv's Top Five Picks for All That Remains

EBC: As a Leela player, I dread seeing this come out. Often against Foundry and Blue Sun, I’'ll hold off for a bit to keep all their ICE derezzed. EBC really hurts, as it saves them money and removes targets for me to bounce. I think EBC will prove to be powerful in many decks.

1 Like

If Valencia pure Blackmail spam ever becomes a thing, EBC is the best hard counter aside from trying to remove the BP.

4 Likes

Totally agree.

I put EBC in my Blue Sun decks to get used to all of it’s shenanigans, and to preemptively deal with Valencia blackmail decks. That it works against Leela Patel is just icing on the cake (and Nasir, not that Nasir is taking over all of Netrunner or anything - just a weak point of Blue Sun that can now be addressed with tricks other than just Oversight AI). Once Valencia actually comes out, a single Elizabeth Mills will also making an appearance.

Combos with The Root so nicely. You can rez and bounce a Datapike or something at cost 4 or greater back into hand to get a clickless Hedge Fund in profit from zero credits for that turn.

1 Like

Yup. The deck sucks against NEH and it is poor against FA in general.

Best data pack review ever. Thanks, @chrism6794!

2 Likes

Yeah, great review and very astute. I hadn’t really clocked how strong DBS was, but having tested a couple of times it’s a bit like Jacksons #4-6: it does a lot of the same work of letting you see more cards and draw agendas only when you want to.

It is one of those cards that makes me wonder a bit what FFG is thinking when they design cards though. There is no way NBN needs even more (sort of) card draw, and if given to another corp it might have been the first card that actually let them choose to use all 15 influence, rather than the mandatory 3inf spend on Jackson in every deck (although many decks would still choose Jackson anyway, at least the choice would’ve been there). Even the effect would be perfectly thematic in Jinteki, for example - justify it as some kind of precog.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit and don’t want to go too off-topic. Again, great review and it means I’ll give EBC a try too - another card that I can’t see the strength of immediately.

4 Likes

Yeah, agreed. DBS and EBC are all-stars.

Someone else at our league mentioned this last night as well. The thing is, Daily Business Show isn’t overpowered or anything, it’s just a good card - at least in my opinion. FFG is going to keep designing good cards, that’s what they do!

2 Likes

Right. You don’t want it worse (or at more INF), and you don’t want it better.

I think it’s a grand card. Yeah, it’s in Yellow, and that color is a problem.

Holy shit…

3 Likes

The thing that kills me about this picture are the Guitar Hero guitars.

4 Likes

That guy is his own Private Security Force.

1 Like

Seems like he’d be about as effective as PSF in the current meta, too ;P.

2 Likes

I didn’t explain all that well: I don’t think it’s overpowered, ‘good card’ is just right.

I’m mostly bemused by the thought process that decides the answer to “Which faction would be best for this effect in terms of providing interesting effects on deck building choices and the corp meta?” is NBN. The mandatory 3inf ‘Jackson tax’ on non-NBN corps can be frustrating, and a different answer to the question would have been an - admittedly small - step towards changing that.

2 Likes

Please man, keep your personal pics to yourself!

We already told you we love you just the way you are.

1 Like

I really like this review format and I think it’s much better than rushing out breathless reviews, trying to get something up before anyone else.

To be fair, they go pretty well with those airsoft guns.

2 Likes

On topic: I like this style of review. Normally there is always a discussion of this “D” card is C+ or B-. This is much more focused. Maybe you can complement it with an article looking back on the pack or set: what really happened…

Off topic: I was afraid to like that horrible pic…

Late to the party here, but an awesome writeup!

The inclusion of decklists utilizing the cards is fantastic.

3 Likes