KoS Rule Set: The Netrunner 'Fix List', Going Forward

The thing is that DLR provides its own counter: it requires a tag, and can be trashed by the Corp if there’s a tag. I think something turning Bad Pub into a positive would need to have a similarly intrinsic weakness to have any hope of being balanced.

Don’t ask me to extend this analysis to Obelus, though, because I’m not sure I can. :smiley:

Political card that does something as long as you have bad pub?

(Meaning ‘Asset that has to have zero ICE in front of it’)

That could work.

Or self-trashing ice, maybe, with +1 strength for each bad pub? Maybe a barrier that trashes itself at the start of the Runner’s turn, rather than as part of a sub. Or the end of the Runner’s turn, so Blue Sun can’t easily reuse it.

The reason I wasn’t including added cost effects is those agendas, like TFP and Oberkata or whatever, are already good by virtue of being defensive. I wanted a reason to include the 5/3s that AREN’T defensive with economy but are defensive in terms of composition like GFI, but not really powerful like GFI. Making all 5/3s have defensive “when scored Runner pays X” is also kind of boring-- it’s fun to activate the effects on things but hard to justify with the variance of Runners needing only three scores.

Hey, finally an agenda that solves the Sifr problem. Edit: wait, Runner chooses. This is like that one time I tested Lab Dog before Worlds.

3 Likes

A store in MA held a tournament yesterday with this banlist. Everyone there seemed very happy with the outcome and the field was pretty diverse in terms of decks represented. Top 3 runners were all on PPVP (2x Kate and a Whizzard), top 3 corps were Blue Sun, Palana, and NEH.

7 Likes

4th place was super boring on Temu Whizz and EtF.

But the EtF had a Sherlock 2 for the PPKs… not that it helped

1 Like

@Xenasis, it is April 10th. Any updates?

1 Like