Let's Talk About Sandburg

I once rezzed an Enigma for a credit (at str 9) then a rainbow for free (str 10) then a Sandburg for +3. Then interns’d it back for 3 more the next turn. So dumb.

Did they just play the IUSE undefended? Next to any other assets?

THESE THINGS COST YOU MONEY IF YOU DON’T PLAY THIS CARD THEN THEY DON’T COST YOU MONEY HURRRRRRRR.

More descriptive.

It’s kind of silly, I’m now fully behind rotation

2 Likes

I think people playing Whizzard in smaller numbers then probability suggests they should, so they “overuse” trashable assets based on Whizzard’s underuse, which is an actual reality.

You shouldn’t really yell at people to stop playing trashable asset decks, they are correct for playing them when people refuse to bring Whizzard usage rate to its rightful 85%. You should yell at people for not playing Whizzard, they’re the ones actually gimping themselves.

3 Likes

I tried my best to get rid of them but they got protected by a high strength Quandary or Vanilla (each of which made a profit for my opponent) and it got out of hand quick. By the time I was able to trash them with Salsette Slums, I was down 6-0.

1 Like

I’ve found Vanilla to not really be a good idea. Since the basic math is 5cr/str, I think it is better to go with ICE that is at 2, like Bastion or Wall of Static. Taxing-wise, paying the extra amount ensures that you are always above Corroder so you’re Sandy str boost isn’t wasted. /2cents

2 Likes

I would agree if you weren’t on IUSE. With IUSE you pretty much want to pack cards like this as it will make you money.

2 Likes

Wow. Wtf is this deck, I wanna try :slight_smile:

Simple. Take an ID (I like using BABW because Weyland is best when using non-Weyland cards), add 20 points of agendas and 3 IUSE, and then fill the rest with neutral cards and Sandburg.

Subliminal with IUSE on the table is hilarious - 2-4 credits for zero clicks can’t be beat. Chimera with at least 2 IUSE comes in a close second.

3 Likes

My only question is do you ICE all the IUSE’s? If so, that’s a ton of ICE… If not, Gagarin/IG?

I always ICE them. It isn’t that much ICE because anyone with half a head trashes them on sight, so I generally have just one server.

I had a game last night where I was EBCing a Chimera for money. I laughed.

1 Like

I just spent the last three minutes with my head on my desk laughing. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Now I absolutely MUST build this deck if for no other reason than rezzing a Chimera for money.

Been tweaking this for 3 weeks. The biggest weakness is the inability to NA. I’m still unsure whether I need to swap Oaktowns for Atlas for this reason. If you really wanna play Jackson, swap DHQ and Accounts for 2 Jacksons. I may be too tied to the ideology of Sensie, but IMO they’re necessary to push the tempo. Gagarin is horribly slow. As long as your first Sensie fires once, you’re good. You should snap-keep most hands with Sensie, even if it seems like a risky hand. Always ICE the first ISU. A Crisium would be welcome, too, not sure how to fit.

GDS Stockburg

Gagarin Deep Space (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (9)
3x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)
3x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)

Asset (16)
2x Capital Investors (The Valley)
3x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
3x Indian Union Stock Exchange (Salsette Island)
1x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over) ·
2x Sandburg (23 Seconds)
3x Sensie Actors Union (Democracy and Dogma) ····· ·
1x Tech Startup (The Valley)

Upgrade (1)
1x Disposable HQ (Business First) ·

Operation (7)
1x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
1x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between)
1x Sub Boost (Order and Chaos)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (3)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (4)
3x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) ·

Mythic (3)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (6)
3x Tour Guide (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Architect (Up and Over) ···· (MWL)
1x Cobra (Salsette Island)

Cards in deck: 49 (min 45)
13/13 (15-2) influence used
2 cards from MWL
Agenda Points: 21
Cards up to ?

Deck built with Net Deck Connecting to the iTunes Store.

I think we can go deeper than that! I’m not saying this is competitive, nor is this particularly tuned or tested, but I find the idea of a deck having exactly zero in faction cards to be hilarious.

Palana Foods: Sustainable Growth (49 cards, 20 agenda pts)

Agenda (10)

2 Chronos Project
3 Corporate Sales Team
3 Corporate War
2 Global Food Initiative ••

Asset (13)

3 Indian Union Stock Exchange ••••• •
3 Jackson Howard •••
2 Launch Campaign
3 Sandburg
2 Tech Startup

Upgrade (2)

2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••

Operation (9)

1 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
2 Restructure
1 Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (5)

3 Vanilla
2 Wall of Static

Code Gate (5)

2 Datapike
3 Enigma

Sentry (5)

2 Assassin
3 Cobra

Nisei or Breakthru is certainly better than Corporate War

Hey, hey, this isn’t about what’s good any more =P

4 Likes

But Nisei and Breakthrough are Jinteki cards.

But IUSE can’t trigger of agendas, so now we’ve left the realm of taking a combo to a comical extreme and into the realm of pure flavor decks…

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem with that? Certainly, if I was trying to win, my build would be different, including Caprice instead of Ash, importing ICE with the extra influence, and making a bunch of other changes, especially where the agendas are concerned. So sue me.

But yeah, Nisei would certainly be better. I also wouldn’t be running those Chronos Projects. The deck is probably weak to Medium digging and Cutlery, like many other Sandburg decks out there, and particularly more so when almost all of the cards are neutral. Can’t imagine IUSE in a good competitive deck at all, personally, but I still want to play around with it. Or is it good in Museum spam as well? Further discounts on those Temples, anyone?

1 Like

What’s ISUE you guys keep saying it and not even occasionally saying the words :frowning: