Let's talk Whizzard

I don’t know why crypsis gets so much hate, it is a great early game breaker, and amps up the pressure quite well. I want cyberfeeder in my decks anyway, so crypsis isn’t that expensive. Also I’m putting scavenge in anything not blue, so transitioning from an empty imp or blocked out nerve agent to crypsis for cost - cyberfeeder credits (typically 1-2) seems pretty solid to me!.

2 Likes

Knight-speaking - It is almost one-time use card vs Blue Sun, but it is true whenever I can I’m trying to land it on unrezzed ice or an Architect after the run. That costs an additional click though.

You know what I kept playing my whizzard, and even recorded some of my matches in Polish OCTGN league which I luckily managed to finish at 2nd place.

With release of The Source I’ve happily added Earthrise Hotel and extra Desperado. You can see a thorough description mentioning precursors of this archetype here : El Mariachi Vanilla · NetrunnerDB

Here you can see some of the games vs different corporations:

or

or

or

or

Desperado & Sec. Test. in anarchs FTW

3 Likes

Chris_Pedersen:
Everyone is saying that knight becomes a one shot against blue sun… and … its not.
Chris_Pedersen:
You pop a knight on ice. You run. The corp doesn’t rez, and on his turn he discards the ice.

You know these two sentences contradict each other, right? You had one use out of the Knight and then it’s dead.

Not a contradiction.

It is no more a one shot against blue sun than it is against any other corp, if you take the click to move it to different ice.

I do agree that Knight is weaker than previously
due to
a). More ice > str 7, whether inherently, or via itd.
b). Blue sun.
c). To a lesser extent, multi-routine ice. I think most knight decks are running e3 now so less predominant an issue.

This seems like a mistake in deckbuilding. You have 4 one-ofs with poor card draw and no tutors. I’d think 2x of only two of the cards above would be more consistent and generally better.

1 Like

This isn’t necessarily true where the cards are all very close to the same worth in seeing them, but are usually a dead draw after the first. Normally though, if it’s not worth putting 3x in they’re not good enough to justify any slot.

they are 1-ofs as a card but they fit into a category. So of his 4 draw cards one is a john. perhaps he went with one carver vs. a 3rd datasucker to conserve MU.

They aren’t key to his overall plan he just identifies support activities, determines an amount of cards he wants to fill the role and then doles out the jobs.

1 Like

IDK if I can agree with this statement. Plenty of Criminal lists run singletons, including Dan’s Worlds list. I would never consider running 3x Ice Carver, and I don’t think anyone would, but I like having 1 in the deck. It is a good card versus most every deck, and incredibly good versus RP. I think I recently went to 2x Kati, cause I generally want to see one of her in every game, but I stand by the singleton approach when it makes sense. Does it introduce variance? Absolutely, but the potential to get an early Masanori versus NEH/PE or an Ice Carver versus RP outweighs the games where they aren’t amazing, especially because they will often help you out anyway.

I said normally. But I think you need to have very good reasons for having a card that is valuable enough to take up a deckslot, but not valuable enough to make it worth seeing early and often. Being able to tutor for it, or it being critical in one matchup but dead in others, is another.

1 Like

There are many cards that having multiple of is of no use. Feed back filter if you are running tutors for example.

Other cards that either due to prerequisite cards you don’t want to see till later… so I put fewer in.

Finally there may be other cards forcing you to trim.

The reason Feedback Filter is especially good as a one-of is due to the fact that PE is the one matchup where you’ll probably draw your deck anyway.

You only need one and you’re going to draw against PE because you’re almost certainly going to draw your deck over the course of the game.

1 Like

After watching Jahwol’s videos, I was inspired to play his Hemorrhage variant. This is the most fun I’ve had playing Netrunner in a long, long time. Particularly memorable is the ability to just gut NEH like a helpless fish. I like to trash all but one econ asset (I let them have 1 marked accounts) and use that server for security testing and hemorrhage tokens. Hemorrhage will eventually pick off their Biotic Labors and other key cards. I’ve definitely found a new love in Hemorrhage…

2 Likes

Thanks @voodoochile78

It’s very situational though, but you’ve got to admit - when it comes, its the most satisfying thing ever :smile:

1 Like

This is pretty much what’s written on the metaphorical box of Anarch as a faction, isn’t it? :smiley:

3 Likes

True dat :wink:

I am still not sure whether O&C will boost my El Mariachi archetype or not. The thing is, that to me O&C provides too much, hmm, auto-include super duper cards, that it’s shame not to play them, like Siphon in Criminals. On the other hand, I pretty much feel that this deck is complete, and new cards like dining suite, wanton destruction or something, will not complement it

Anyway , we will see - thanks for the feedback and feels good someone’s been watching this videos and liking the deck!

1 Like

Anarch is basically Sex Panther: The Faction.

3 Likes

What about harbringer? He seems, to me, really cool for whizzard!

It’s worth testing, and there’s obviously natural synergy there, but I worry about 2 things.

1. It’s a dead card in your already bad matchups where the Corp doesn’t install many trashable things.
  2. It seems fairly click intensive.

I might be very wrong though. It may push Whizzard up a notch or 2.

Whizzard seems like such a good ID, especially in the current metagame, but every time I play him I wish I was Noise. Even if you’re only playing Parasite, Datasucker, Medium the free random accesses are so strong. Maybe I’m making a case for Harbinger after all. If only you could use Whizzard credits to pay for NAPD contracts.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. Being able to nullify the intended ‘taxiness’ of crap like Adonis, DBS and Marked Accounts without having to find an Imp, install it and burn a counter for it is… well, invaluable.

1 Like

Trashing Adonis’s for free feels great, and forcing the Corp to ICE an Adonis is strong, especially if you force the rez. you deny them an ICE on an important server, and you taxed them on the Adonis rez and the ICE rez.

Noise + scrubber is essentially a better whizzard…