Limbhack (A Game of Thrones, 2nd Ed:)

1st edition Thrones had a similarly well-codified timing structure as well. This part of the game seems no less complex or confusing in 2nd edition really - it’s just a question of making sure you learn the sequence.

That said, there are loads of ways in which they’re cutting back on the confusion in 2nd edition and I for one am very excited for the reboot.

1 Like

I’m going to try it out!

My friends and I bought some starter decks when it was still a CCG back in the old days. Didn’t really play it all that much but the new edition looks good! I like how the art for characters looks kinda like the TV but still different, if that makes sense…

Probably the biggest thing for us will be the ability to play with up to 6 people. It sucks having an odd number of people turn up to our netrunner night! With GOT we could just play 3 or 5 player games.

I’ve got a friend who I am desperately trying to get to play Netrunner, but he wasn’t interested. But we’re both huge game of thrones fans, so we decided that we’re going to pick this up once it comes out for the reboot. We work at the same place, so I’m hoping we’ll be able to play over lunch fairly regularly. Plus, once I get him in to the rhythm of LCGs, I’ll just casually add A:NR to his buy list…

4 Likes

Depending on how well the core set is composed, I might be giving this a shot. Am following the 1.0 competitive scene out of interest, despite not playing actively.

This is actually quite literally the story resolution structure from CoC.

1 Like

they took the eric lang generic timing structure from blue moon legends/every eric lang game, I think netrunner is the only lcg that doesn’t have it now.

2 Likes

I’m really liking the Action, Reaction, Forced Reaction, and Interrupt keywords they’re using to make timing very simple. Sounds really similar to the way Conquest timing work (and it’s pretty simple once you get the hang of it).

All spoilerzz in one place :smile:

2 Likes

For some reason this is my favorite spoiled card so far:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/camo/766100cd77c2a4b6ca8a2394b427430e0c44ae42/687474703a2f2f7777772e6361726467616d6564622e636f6d2f666f72756d732f75706c6f6164732f6d6f6e74686c795f30355f323031352f6363732d32332d302d34363130373930302d313433333030343538362e706e67

How will AGOT 2nd Edition will affect ANR after it’s release in you opinion?

I don’t necessarily think that a lot of Netrunner players will flow away from the game, I even think that Netrunner might get more attention as a result of AGOT 2nd Ed.

AGOT definitely has a wider potential player base, due to its ties to the book and TV series. This is obviously an advantage, a lot of people who are not hard gamers might want to pick this game up. And when they have become comfortable with the LCG format and card games in general, they might find out about A:NR, a game that’s kind-of similar, yet very different.

And the reason why I think we won’t lose Netrunners is because the games play so differently that both can be played at the same time without interfering. The only problems are money and time.

Development resources is a bigger worry for me. FFG is still Limited at that front.

not really, a problem, AGOT 1.0 had a team already dedicated to it, so not like its an EXTRA game

AGOT 1.0’s team was literally Nate French and Damon Stone.

Personally, I feel like 2.0 will be more of a threat to Conquest than ANR, because that’s a closer match in terms of gameplay. It’s easy to actively play Netrunner and SW/Conquest/CoC, but much harder to actively play just two games of the latter group, because they have a similar feel… and I think 2.0 fits right in there.

4 Likes

Btw is someone Here going to gencon and could buy 3 coresets and send them to Europe :wink:

Do we know for sure that we’ll need three cores for pull play sets of everything?

Conquest was mostly 1-ofs for 7 factions. GoT 2.0 has 8 factions, so I’d imagine we’ll see something similar.

3 Likes

This is the one thing that sours me on LCG core sets. I wish FFG could figure something out so that it doesn’t seem like they are punishing competitive players from the get-go. I guess they know we’ll eventually drop the money and are happy to have us buying multiples. I’m trying to get some friends into the game and haven’t mentioned the “by the way…” yet. I guess we can proxy for a while.

5 Likes

I completely agree. It’s my biggest complaint about the LCG model. I can almost understand that they want to give players a diverse experience by putting in incomplete playsets, but it just seems like a money grab since they don’t provide a “completion pack” that has no manuals or tokens, just the cards you need to have full playsets of the core set cards (for half the price of another core set).

1 Like

A completion set of cards would be an economical way to solve the issue. Maybe we can start a petition?

3 Likes