Lunar Cycle Spoilers (Up to Architect)

The nice thing is, Clone Chip isn’t even mandatory in making Inject viable (though it’s great in Anarch for several other reasons). Retrieval Run or Deja Vu can also fetch ditched programs. I’m really excited for Anarch with this.

Here’s a sample to demonstrate what I think looks great on paper

3x Inject
3x Deja Vu
2x Retrieval Run
2x Special Order (4 inf)
2x Account Siphon (8 inf)
1x Planned Assault (2 inf)
1x Femme Fatale (1 inf)
Plus breakers and viruses.

Edit: OR we can take a more Shapery approach

3x Prepaid VoicePAD
3x Inject
3x Deja Vu
2x Retrieval Run
3x Lucky Find (6 inf)
2x Quality Time (2 inf)
2x Special Order (4 inf)
1x Clone Chip (2 inf)
1x Deus X (1 inf)
Plus breakers and viruses.

4 Likes

More Spoilers!

1 Like

Wow! Mother Goddess, auto-include in any deck?
It’s superb in the early game; later on it will be susceptible to whichever breaker the runner gets to deal with your other ICE, but at strength 4 it is still going to tax FSBs with Datasucker and most of the routine breakers will need to pump (except maybe Morningstar and Torch/Cy-Cy).

Put it this way… Once a Barrier is out it’s identical to Bastion (which is a very playable ICE).
It also works with NEXT ICE :wink:

Wow! Mother Goddess, auto-include in any deck?

I don’t think this card is as good as hedge fund.

I think it is a little better than rainbow, compared to playing rainbow as your first ice, since it doesn’t technically become a bastion when the runner plays a corroder (like rainbow) it’s probably worth the extra credit.

TNN is really cool. I’ve been durdling with NBN control decks (everyone calls their decks control) which is Snoop and Invasion of Privacy - something like this enables me to snoop their hand, play targetted marketing naming a card that they need to play, then be able to install or rez TNN, either forcing them through a bunch of time and money just to play their card, or pushing me ahead of them economically so I can continue to invasion of privacy for their whole hand.

TL;DR spoiled cards seem to be fortifying a new NBN playstyle that isn’t very competitive right now.

I agree it’s not as ubiquitous as HF, but it’s a solid inclusion as a one-off. Thinking about it, It probably doesn’t go in heavy tax decks where you want the runner to get through but at a price (NBN, Jinteki RP), but if you were playing cheap ETR ICE I think it’s a natural fit. It also works for any deck looking for synergies with their ICE type: NEXT, Bioroids, the new 3/1 agendas that pump strength, unorthodox predictions etc.

On the downside, Tinkering and Paintbrush passively affect this!

the real question is : does MG gain all subtypes when it’s sitting in HQ (not yet installed)? could be soooooo good with grail ices :slight_smile:

No, card text is inactive when it’s not in play.

1 Like

The problem with Mother Goddess as a one-of is that you will almost always have other ICE out when you play it, then it will never force the runner to install a new breaker so it’s a pure taxing ICE. I don’t think I will play this a lot, the 4-strength slot is crowded already and 4 cost is mostly early ICE. I want my early ICE to act more as gear-checks than taxing.

I can see some decks that want it (fast Tennin/TWIY/Next Design rush decks) and if you have a deck that runs lots of sentrys it’s solid etr that is quite expensive to break. Besides that it’s strong with both the Next ICE and Stronger Together.

Although sub-types must still be active, right? Otherwise Hostage wouldn’t work.

Yes, but the only subtype on Mother Goddess before you rez it is mythic.

Sure. It’s still “mythic”. It’s the text in the text box that isn’t active, so doesn’t gain the other types. The precedent I’m using is that trashing a programme from grip will trash Q Coherence Chip from play but trashing Tri-Maff Contact from grip won’t do three meat damage.

So how do things like Snare! work from HQ/R&D? I’m not sold that “card text is inactive when it’s not in play”. Or is ICE a special case where the card is blank until rezzed?

I should know by now. Never attempt to answer a rules question on a CCG/LCG thread. No matter how simple it may appear, your answer will spawn 100 follow-up questions ;-). Here’s how I see it. I may of course be wrong.

The text on Mother Godess is a constant ability. Constant abilities, like any abilities, are only active when the card is active, unless the text explicitly says otherwise or there is no other way that the card would function.

Regarding Snare! etc. that is a special case. From the FAQ:

“A card with an ability that triggers when the card is accessed does not have to be active in order for the ability to trigger.”

4 Likes

Found one I hadn’t seen yet.

bribery

EDIT: as well as a couple from early fan previews that were blocked off. (I actually got two angel arenas in one pack.)

angel arena and eden shard

And, surprising no one, a Grail barrier that ends the run.

Galahad

3 Likes

Mother Goddess - Solid. Definitely expect to see this around.

The News Now Network - Eh, rather just have a current.

Bribery - Ehhh… if it forced them to rez, I think it’d be better (basically Forged), as is its a more flexible Running Interference, which is meh.

Eden Shard - I guess this is a mill card? Seems very narrow and not strong enough for a one shot use. If it was a click to make them draw two that’d be better imo.

Angel Arena - Ehh…

Galahad - Possible Ice Wall alternative.

News Now isn’t to stop them playing currents, it’s to stop them killing yours.

I could see Eden Shard also being a useful way to get past things you’ve seen if you’ve got a turn of digging available with RDI. Better ways of doing it, but might go well with Utopia/Hades Shards.

EDIT: Galahad is the piece the Grail Ice needed most. Not for the ETR, but for the cheapness. On a facecheck, it has all the potential threat of what you’ve got in-hand, but it’s all but a guaranteed rez at that cost. Easy to break, but first turn without a fracter could really hurt, which makes the more expensive ones more viable, to me.

Angel arena looks fun in a Eureka/oracle may deck. Not sure the deck will be any good, mind you, but it looks fun. As someone on BGG pointed out, not only does angel arena find you targets for Eureka, it is itself a pretty good target, getting 10 counters off a Eureka hit.

1 Like

I’m almost certain it wouldn’t. Eureka would make the cost (X-10); it wouldn’t make X = 10. If you Eureka! an Angel Arena and pay nothing, X = 0, so it’d be trashed immediately.

Imagine this: you’re playing a runner without parasites or AI breakers (and your runner isn’t Kit). Your opponent has an NBN FA deck and they only play one ice, a Mother Goddess on R&D.

You’re kinda screwed, amrite?

This is a Laramy Fisk win condition! :slight_smile: