Lunar Cycle Spoilers (Up to Architect)

Eden Shard is also an Accelerated Diagnostics killer. If Jackson wasn’t installed yet, as soon as they Shutdown everything you kill them (unlikely, because that would be foolish). And if Jackson was installed & triggered, you wreck the diagnostics combo by forcing them to draw into the 3.

There may be sufficient means to survive using efficiency committee in some conditions, but it’s very possible that if you screw that first combo they’ll be short on actions to win before death by draw.

3 Likes

Still terrible either way, waste of a deck slot.

Well, Femme Fatale is a common splash/staple. Inside Job provides a temporary solution. Not to mention leaving your HQ wide open is begging to get Siphoned/Vamped and you’ll need money to fast advance. You also can’t protect your remote SanSan Grid.

It’s still good, but I don’t think it’s too worrying even if that was the case. I think most of the time they’ll want to get out another piece of ice. Siphon is too much of a thing, and sometimes the cards don’t come out in the right order so you have to hold onto an agenda. Cerebral Imaging can probably make the most of it since they just want to secure up HQ while they build up.

Oh, yeah, wasn’t meaning to say it was good, it just fills the role of a current-counter beyond other currents, because they’ll likely be more common in runner decks. It fits the pattern FFG has adopted recently of releasing counters to pretty much everything, so that if it proves to be unstoppable it, uh, isn’t. They’re mostly not good cards (Hi, Window!), but if the thing they counter becomes oppressive, hey, there we are, a solution already exists that they don’t have to do more work on and risk getting out after months of too-badly warped meta.

I’m not sure I follow. You reveal Angel Arena with Eureka, and you then get to decide the value of x. You choose 10, then Eureka reduces the install cost by 10, for 10-10=0. Why would revealing it with Eureka mean you couldn’t choose a value for x, or you had to choose 0?

2 Likes

Please help me understand. If mother goddess doesn’t gain subtypes while in grip, how does eden shard let you install itself ignoring all costs? Wouldn’t that text be also inactive?

1 Like

Mother Goddess is a Constant Ability

Constant Abilities
Constant abilities continually affect the game as long as the card
they appear on is active and any other specified conditions are
met. They are not triggered and do not have costs associated
with them. An example of a constant ability is the card
Experiential Data, which reads, “All ice protecting this server
has +1 strength.”

Eden Shard is a triggered ability

Triggered Abilities
In order to use a triggered ability a prerequisite must be met.
This prerequisite is either a trigger cost that must be paid
(paid ability) or a trigger condition that must be met
(conditional ability). Once an ability is triggered, its effect
is resolved immediately and can only be stopped by prevent
or avoid effects. Players must follow all restrictions on the
cards when triggering abilities.

Since cards with constant abilities need to be active, and mother goddess is inactive while in hand, the rules work this way.

4 Likes

My personal take on it (probably semantics) is that if you pick X to be 10, Eureka says it “lowers the install cost by 10,” so it would lower the install cost - or X - to 0 again. But since Eureka lowers the price you pay and not the actual value of X, you’re probably right.

Probably a semantical argument anyway: I don’t anticipate Angel Arena seeing a lot of use except maybe a way to (slowly) double your money for people who really, really want to use Oracle May but not Motivation.

I like Galahad. The problem with the grail ICE is that the good ones cost influence - it will have to be its own archetype I think.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s got the potential to be a powerful one, but the full suite sets you back 9 influence. That’s not bad given how powerful they have the potential to be, but it’s something to keep in mind – especially when taking fewer than the full suite makes them less powerful.

Mother Goddess continues to intrigue me. For any “mono-type” deck, which it looks like there’s some encouragement toward (not actually only one type, but using enough to make those agendas worth it), it might be pretty useful, counting as another of each.

Grail in Custom Biotics, maybe? Maybe with 3x SanSan.

2 Likes

I could see that pairing nicely with Archer (and Domestic Sleepers) to provide pretty hefty protection for a FA style deck.

Archer might be bad for FA, I don’t know, but seems generally strong enough to slow things down enough for more scoring, so…

A new card!

4 Likes

Gets around jackson, makes accelerated diagnostics combos not a thing and won’t see play unless a tutor comes out

3 Likes

you could very possibly be right, but being a Jackson Howard block, I think justifies some decks giving up a card slot up for it. Especially if you were playing a random Stimhack (for example) to fill your last influence.

Seems good for Noise. Put it out early when archives is cheap, and use it lategame if they’ve locked you out or they have Jackson, and you suspect agendas in archives.

They can still preemptively Jackson, but it’ll be hard for them to time it optimally. If they immediately use him every time an agenda hits archives, that’s pretty good.

2 Likes

Not bad. Alone, I think it favors comparably to All-Nighter (you’re basically saving the click you spent to get into Archives to functionally gain it again later on). Forcing early Jacksons or costing 2 credits and a click to remove while tagged is also solid, since it’ll usually be free. I wonder how good a Workshop Noise deck would be with this.

New spoilers incoming.

1 Like

Jeremy Zwirn’s 2012 Champion card is an HB Sentry called Architect with some unique subroutines:

Also looks like a new 5/3 for jinteki, but we can’t see the body text.

3 Likes

Mr. Architect definitely looks like he’s DJ’ing some sort of cyber-dance event.

3 Likes

Seems pretty fun in either EtF or a very horizontal NEHub (like the Untrashable Dedicated Response Team/City Surveillance variant I’ve seen on OCTGN a few times now) as you get the ID’s ability on the Runner’s turn, too.