Madness Games & Comics Regional, Plano, TX - Detailed Results

Here are the final results for the 62-player strong Regional from yesterday in Plano!

6 Likes

Really awesome event and location, especially loved the numerous door prizes. Got some good alt art stuff even though I didn’t place well. Very well organized as well, didn’t take too long between rounds despite having 60+ people. Congrats to the top 8 as well.

3 Likes

Disappointed with 4th but brad dropped 1 game all day so he definitely earned the win.

1 Like

Any decklists from Top 8?

Is there a particular reason why 61st/62nd were DQed?

Haven’t used it a lot myself, but if I had to guess, that’s just how NRTM represents players who drop from the tournament. Appears that Ryan might have dropped in the third round and Angela in the fourth.

Hmm 4 NEH, 2 RP, a BS and TWIY (presumably the flash in yellow). And Kate the most prominent runner followed by an assortment of anarchs…pretty interested to see the Andy deck that made top 8, and what kind of NEH decks made it

I posted up the first place lists I took on Netrunnerdb. Nothing too extraordinary in the lists. Just good matchups, little sleep, and good play that I don’t know where I mustered. The level of confidence I had in the Noise deck by the end of the day was astronomical. A bit more talk on the netrunnerdb pages.

@firesa I believe it was 50/50 Butchershop and Astrobiotics. It was indeed a yellow flash type TWiY.

@SamRS I wish we had a chance to play.

Build-a-(Butcher)Shop; 1st place Plano TX Regionals

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x TGTBT (True Colors)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
1x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (18)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) •••

Barrier (3)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (2)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (5)
1x Cortex Lock (The Valley) ••
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
1x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Good Things on Sale, Stranger; 1st place Plano TX Regionals

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (4)
3x DĂ©jĂ  Vu (Core Set)
1x Immolation Script (Chrome City)

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (14)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (18)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
1x Clot (The Valley)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Lamprey i[/i]
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I have to agree, noise lists like these are so well positioned, having slots that are perfect answers for a lot of decks, you sit down confident that you’re never drawing your “bad matchup”

Dave and suckers+parasite make Blue Sun fairly easy, and faust can tip the scales sometimes when you need to blitz the remote early because people still think noise has no early game.

RP can fold to a subpar draw in the face of parasites and suckers, and if you imp away at the remote things, lamprey can come off the ropes and put you in the headlock, opening up some deep medium dives. Even a good draw is found by RP, keeping the ice count thin on centrals can give you lots of cheap shots at those TFPs.

Butchershop can be out-moneyed or imped to death while getting milled the whole way, and is also partially subject to the headlock.

Astrobioitics is stymied by clot, and then punished by medium, but has been probably the toughest matchup for me (but I suck so…).

HB asset spam falls to the 3x imp and medium through clickable bioroids, and easily mimicable architects.

I never feel like I’m just out matched…its great XD

I placed second with bblum’s exact lists from his Stimhack tournament report. Wish I knew how to build a deck.

It was my first tournament larger than a store tournament kit event and it was a blast getting to meet everyone!

5 Likes

I finished 9th with decks that were nearly mirror images of @saur 's (except for having ProCo/Gordo in Kate.) This of course made our match against each other all the more fun.

I had a great time and thought the tournament was run extremely well. It was fun to get to put some faces with some online names. I was asking some guys about @flowerscandrink when he popped around the corner and said “That’s me.” The highlight though was playing my 6th round match against Noise and stating that I was used to OCTGN milling for me when he asked my online name. Turns out it was Alientoyshop who I’ve spent many hours playing and discussing Netrunner with online but didn’t even know he was from this region. It was pretty cool but totally threw off the first 10 minutes of our match until we finally got serious and focused in.

I was also proud of our OKC crew who had 7 people show up (virtually our entire meta) and perform well with @Alturis going 10-2 in Swiss and finishing 7th overall for our top place finisher.

2 Likes

Shout out to the OKC crew for showing up! @Alturis knocked me out of the top 8 in the last round of Swiss, and was probably the nicest guy I played all day. I’m glad y’all all made the trip!

Allen Haas didn’t play HB!#@!$?!@#

4 Likes

I’m still amazed, having grown up in Plano many years ago, that a place as awesome looking as Madness Comics exists there.

Looks like a great tournament.

3 Likes

He says he plays hb whenever he considers it viable

3 Likes

Word on the street is that their friday night magic averages close to 300 players, which probably does significant work towards paying their bills.

1 Like

They were just drops.

1 Like

Awesome tournament, good turn out, super well run and Austin brought the Noise. Literally and figuratively. Thanks @bradvenable

2 Likes