Manhunt: discussion and decklist

So I think that Manhunt may be my new favorite card. I am using it in a traditional making news, tag and bag but I want other people’s views on how they think it can best be used.

Also here is my decklist
Identity
NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

ICE (16)
3x Bastion (Creation and Control)
3x Draco (What Lies Ahead)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) • • •

Operation (16)
3x Manhunt (First Contact)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x SEA Source (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) •••• •••• ••••

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

and a write up.

http://self-modifyingcode.com/2014/10/07/mandatory-draw-manhunt-2/

At first glance it seems you might not have enough econ, but I’m going to play this and see. I also :heart: Manhunt and would love to see it work.

I feel like that NBN money trap would be a big help here.

1 Like

I’d try to fit in a closed account somewhere, I imagine they will hardly ever be dead cards in a manhunt deck

1 Like

The problem is it’s a trap, you could use those clicks and credits to score an astro

Concept seems valid but I would revamp the entire ICE suite.

First problem is the ICE is very weak to Atman at 4. I would cut all Bastions for say 2 Wraparound, 1 Wall of Static.

Draco and Data Raven have anti-synergy with Manhunt, as if you pump either trace with your recurring credits you can’t also pump Manhunt.

Scorcho was streaming yesterday and using an MN Manhunt deck. @spags may have said it was Dan’s build or someone in his circle. I think it’s generally agreed that Manhunt is powerful

That was me asking if it was medio’s manhunt deck, scorcho said it was not.

@Original Post:

Manhunt is cool because it’s like a better encryption protocols, drawbacks being that at 3 credits it’s expensive as fuck, only making news can really abuse it, and it makes your yellow decks even more ride-or-die than they usually are because of how dependent they can be on drawing manhunt and getting it on the table as soon as possible.

2 Likes

oh yeah my bad. i think i had just replied to a spags post in another thread

1 Like

While I like Manhunt, I don’t think Scorched variants will work because the runner can just sit behind MO and just never get into SEA Source range.

The ice suite, while taxing, doesn’t stop them from running all your face down cards and clearing the tag. If they do this, you can’t score and you can’t Scorch them either.

It has worked fairly well in my Scorched Earth variant so far. Even if you don’t hit them with the tag it can stop people DEAD and buy you some more time to get things set up where you need.

I have switched out the Midseasons for SEA Sources, and I also think RSVP is a pretty excellent ice to slip in there, maybe one or two of.

It costs the runner money, it costs them time. If you’re playing MN this card is mandatory.

And when they make their successful run that it’s not an agenda or else you get one use out of it…

All in all, I like the card, but it just seems to need a few things too many for it to work well.

I understand it costs the runner time. It’s an excellent tax.

However, the part that I don’t like is that the runner has all the time in the world. As is, the list can just not beat a runner with Magnum Opus who runs every single one of your face downs, and clears the tags. Your ice suite (apart from the 2 Tollbooths) won’t stop anyone from getting where they want to.

It really needs a scoring threat as a plan B. I would suggest a Psychographics or 2 to punish tags instead of Scorch (freeing up influence for solid ice like Caduceus) as a better approach.