Marcus Batty is (hopefully not) bad for the game

Hey. I’ve played a bit of OCTGN today, and hit 7 Noise, and 5 in a row, at one point.

Meta’s counter to Batty: NON-INTERACTION!

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

12 Likes

Hilarious, I wiped Kate’s rig yesterday with Batty Gold, and after he conceded I immediately messaged a friend, “Batty is awesome. Also, I’m switching to Noise.”

2 Likes

For more fun times, run Inazuma + Batty. Even if they break Inazuma, rez and trigger Batty on the approach to the next ICE. If you win the psi game, you are guaranteed to hurt the runner as long as you left enough credits to actually rez the ICE =P

You can even leave an out-of-position Inazuma there since it doesn’t matter for Batty.

6 Likes

I want to like this, cos it’s true, but also it makes my eyes rain :anguished:

UPDATE: Batty is hard when you lose the PSI games.

#FuckBatty

12 Likes

Just play Val. Blackmail gives no fucks about Batty.

5 Likes

I think you made this up to review this card.

2 Likes

fucking classic

16 Likes

Do you think battytech has better anarch matchups than RP?

So basically, what you’re saying is that where we originally thought his name is a nod to Blade Runner, it might actually be code for “batshit insane”?

1 Like

Some Batty anagrams:

Abstract Yum
A Bratty Scum
Baa Cum Tryst
Umbra Cat Sty

Hope that helps.

15 Likes

Imo psi games woyld have been so much better if they were like the old trace mechanism from 1996.secretly bet any amount of creds, reveal, higher wins.

1 Like

You missed the obvious one, ‘stray bat cum.’

13 Likes

“You earned ‘Filthiest post!’”

3 Likes

Trying to keep it clean for the kids. Sicko.

1 Like

Time to Escher RP and put a double pup + Eli on RP remote, right ?

5 Likes

How about shutdowns and ice destruction? Since next is only really deadly when you’ve got more than one of them, it might be easier to prevent it from becoming deadly. It’s how I liked to deal with standard NEXT decks before Batty - Get rid of one NEXT Bronze and suddenly the rest of the cards are one cheaper to deal with. Parasite doesn’t have much trouble with NEXT Bronze and Silver, especially if you get NEXT Bronze before you hit any other NEXT ice, and Crescentus should do well against NEXT Gold. Reina in general is good against NEXT decks, I think. Also, Vamp helps.

Could this be where Reina comes back? I had that theory last night and started practicing Reina for the first time ever. I’ve been meaning to try the Headlock Reina archetype for a long time now and suddenly it seems like it could once again be the answer.

Wish they kept the name Dr. Dreff.

Escher seems to be a good meta call, against suzano and HB golden remote

Start playing The Tank then? This has the added benefit of allowing you to run Batty/Caprice, and I can see how much that idea tickles your fancy.