Massive deckbuilding project

The grail deck you suggested? I made a grail deck in a different faction, do you think two of them will play significantly differently enough to be worth it?

Iā€™mjust saying for flavor reasons, think about it. The once and future android/king. As far as playing differently, I donā€™t know. Throw in a Haas Arcology AI?

1 Like

Oh yeah, you NEED to make a 7-point Cerebral Imaging deck. I mean itā€™s not that good, but you still should try it mostly because thereā€™s nothing else like it in all of netrunner.

Putting the Apex deck on hold until I build another round or two of archetypal decks.

So far I have 23 decks. Once I start to feel like I donā€™t have options other than rehashes of what I already made, Iā€™ll build a few of my own, then go back through everything and make pinpoint replacements here and there, for variety and where they make at least a little bit of sense. Iā€™m also departing from my formula of one deck per faction in order to build some of the suggestions here, which Iā€™m sure are fun :smile:

Round 4!

HB: Custom Biotics: The Once and Future King
Description: It combines the cheap and weak but high-subroutine grail strategy with some monster killer ice, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.
My thoughts: This is the best Custom Biotics Grail deck I could find. There was another one but it had some weird anti-synergies that I didnā€™t like (I still donā€™t like Architect in this one, so I will probably do some tweaking later on). Thanks cmcadvanced for the suggestion!

HB: Cerebral Imagine: 7-point Shutdown
Description: Power Shutdown for the win, turn 4-7.
My thoughts: This combo just aims to straight up win by gaining a ton of actions the turn the combo pops. I think it will feel different enough from my previous Power Shutdown deck, since that one aims to just score a single critical agenda with the first power shutdown and simultaneously leave archives as a mess of traps, tags, and damage for the runner to hit next turn.

NBN: The World is Yours: TWIY Astrobiotics*
Description: Gotta have an Astrobiotics deck.
My thoughts: This is an older version of the deck, so I will probably make some tweaks and improvements as I continue into the project.

Jinteki: Tennin Institute: Tennin Lightning
Description: Uses Tennin Institute to store up advancement counters, then Trick of Light to Fast Advance valuable/damaging agendas.
My thoughts: Havenā€™t used much advanceable ice, so this seemed like a good start. I have a couple FA decks so far, but this is a new trick they have. Another older deck, though, so probably some room for improvement.

Weyland: Titan Transnational: Helios
Description: Fast Advance, Weyland style, with a backup Scorched Earth kill, of course.
My thoughts: Was a little disappointed to see how many cards in this deck were already out of my collection in other decks. I would think that FA would make use of lots of different agendas and stuff, but nope, seems pretty much the same. More tweaks to come, probably!

I still have some time, I will post the next post with a set of runner decks.

1 Like

On to the runner decks. Feeling good because Iā€™m more than halfway done with the number of identities! But the remaining ones will start coming more slowly since I need to lay out remaining cards, prioritize which ones I want to use, and actually, you know, build decks :smile: I should get more variety this way, though!

Also, itā€™s way easier to build a bunch of decks from the same faction in a row.

Round 4.5!

Shaper: Nasir: Solidarity
Description: This deck swaps out normal econ in lieu of Nasirā€™s ability for the early game, and uses Magnum Opus to get it back one the majority of the ice is rezzed.
My thoughts: I like that it uses some ā€˜olderā€™ breakers that I havenā€™t seen much in my other decks, but a lot of the other cards were missing and so used before.

Shaper: Hayley: DLR Plain Slice
Description: ;A bunch of resources install extra quick and make good money. Then itā€™s just prevent damage and mill, mill, mill.
My thoughts: I thought my first DLR deck would come from Anarch, but this seems to be pretty fun.

Anarch: Quetzal: Quimpossible
Description: Itā€™s a pretty standard AI/E3 strategy, but with an extremely robust economic package behind it.
My thoughts: The name is borderline uncomfortable. Iā€™m happy to see Deep Red used; I wasnā€™t sure I was going to see it! Not sure this one feels that different from what I have so far (Ser Gabe), but weā€™ll see.

Criminal: Geist: The Ghost of Running Past
Description: Maximizes trash abilities.
My thoughts: I love that it uses a new console. In fact, I was just counting up my consoles, and I have 10 left for the 10 remaining runner identities. So if I want to use all the consoles, I need to find decks that think in a new way, are really janky, or that I build myself. Ready, go!

Criminal: Ken Tenma: Comet Ken
Description: Itā€™s a Ken deck that uses Comet for free clicks. Should be nice to run, get a credit, then play another econ event for money.
My thoughts: Iā€™m not finished yet, I have to run to a thing. Wanted to post these so they didnā€™t get lost.

Going to start sorting likely consoles with runners for who remains.

Next set of Corp decks. I think Iā€™m done with HB netdecking, so thatā€™s cool. I have two of those identities left, and will start laying out my collection to build my own decks with those identities this weekend. For now, here are some other faction decks.

Weyland: Gagarin Deep Space: Gagarin Horizontal
Description: Uses Gagarinā€™s ability to make discovery and trashing of assets and upgrades a pain. If the runner slows down, you have time to advance and score. If they go too fast, you can SEA/Scorch for the kill.
My thoughts: Uses some new cards, so yay to that. I like the Paywall Implementation, that should be interesting. Did you know that Yuri Gagarin grew up in a mud hut? He went from that to orbiting the planet in 30 years. Crazy times we live in.

Jinteki:Harmony Medtech: Speedy Snare! Delivery Service
Description: 6 3-point agendas means that agenda density is low and a minimum of clicks will be spent advancing them. But, while attempting to do that, there are also tricks to stop the runner from jacking out, tutoring up a Snare! with Executive Boot Camp, and dropping it on the runner when they hit a Kitsune they canā€™t break.
My thoughts: Different ice package, which is good! I am running low on Jinteki agendas in my collection.

Jinteki: Nisei Division: Little Garden
Description: Can kill the runner using Snare!, Scorched Earth, or Cerebral Casts.
My thoughts: Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m happy with this one. Itā€™s the first deck Iā€™ve built that reuses so many staple cards that I ran out of room to write the substitutions on the little card I put with the deck to keep notes. I think it could be more fun if it tried to maximize the identity power more, so I may make those modifications.

NBN: SYNC: Psycho
Description: It denies the runner a lot of scoring opportunities, even if they steal agendas. Win condition is a psychographicā€™sed Beale.
My thoughts: Boring old vanilla win condition, so maybe Iā€™ll tweak that. I have no idea how to use the SYNC identity. Probably just park it on one side.

Alright, I have 8 corp decks left. Iā€™ll start building my own decks, trying to find synergies and janky combos with the agendas I have left.

There are 193 runner cards I havenā€™t used yet, and I have 10 decks left to build.

Undoubtedly some of them really are useless, as discussed earlier.

This could take a while.

Update: I got all 193 cards sorted into the identities or self-created archetypes that I think the fit in. That narrows down my card selections for building the cores of those decks. Iā€™m going to try to complete the same process with corp cards today and tomorrow, and then start building the decks in the middle of the week until Iā€™m done!

Once thatā€™s done, Iā€™ll lay out the cards that still remain and see if there are any likely swaps that could add variety or just replace some of the stale meta cards that went into so many of the early net decks I built.

Then itā€™s just figuring out how to notate everything for easy swapping when playing games or home tournaments. Thankfully Iā€™ll still have lots of proxies left.

There will probably be cards left over, like, I dunno, Disruptor, Wyrm, etc. Maybe at the least Iā€™ll come out of this with a list of truly, actually useless cards that donā€™t even have any combos that make them worthwhile in the entire first full cycle.

There are 189 corp cards I havenā€™t used yet, and I have 8 decks left to build.

Ready set sort!

By the way, not sure if thisā€™ll helpā€¦

I sleeve all my cards, and to make it easier to change which deck Iā€™m playing with at the moment, I have sleeves that just have a bit of paper with a cardname written on it. Those go into the deck as a replacement for the card, or more accurately itā€™s a reminder that this deck needs this actual card in it to be complete. So then I just have to hunt down that card in one of my other decks, swap that card and the reminder sleeve and Iā€™m good to go.

(I have 6 sleeves with ā€˜Jesus Howardā€™ paper in them. If Iā€™m playing Gagarin and want to switch to Foundry, I find the Jesus Howard sleeves from Foundry, put them into Gagarin, and take Howard from Gagarin and put him in Foundry.)

Sweet, thanks for the idea!

What Iā€™m planning to do is put a piece of paper in the bag with each deck that has a ā€œ-3 Jackson Howardā€ or ā€œ+3 Jackson Howardā€. So each card that I need multiples of will have a ā€œhomeā€ deck that it can go back to after the game. I plan on having cards be ā€œhomeā€ in-faction as much as possible.

It might work better, it might work worse, but that will be iteration 1!

Ok, finished sorting and bagging corp cards into IDs and archetypes.

Will start building the remaining 8 corp decks next!

Then, will use the remaining archetype-sorted cards to do swaps in the existing decks where it makes sense.

Then will organize for ease of card-swapping.

Then will report with remaining unused cards (there are still some gawdawful ones in thereā€¦).

This project is not dead!

ā€¦Iā€™m just starting a business. So thatā€™s taking up most of my energy.

It may take me another 6 months or a year, but Iā€™ll get this thing done. Thankfully my card pool isnā€™t changing :slight_smile:

What do you know, I had some time to work on this today.

Building decks is hard, and not particularly satisfying for me; I like playing the game (this is why I never got into Magic, even though lots of my friends are; the game in Magic is almost entirely in the deckbuilding).

I built a Foundry/Twins/When Scored deck. Iā€™m sure itā€™s terrible, but it can undergo some refinement as it gets played.

ID: The Foundry

Agendas: 11
Accelerated Beta Test x2
Bifrost Array x3
Director Haasā€™ Pet Project x1
Efficiency Committee x2
Priority Requisition x3

Assets: 11
Director Haas x2
Elizaā€™s Toybox x2
Isabel McGuire x1
Team Sponsorship x3
Launch Campaign x3

ICE: 14
Architect x3
Enforcer 1.0 x2
Howler x3
Janus 1.0 x2
Assassin x2
Archer x2

Operations: 7
Archived Memories x2
Interns x2
Subliminal Messaging x2
24/7 News Cycle x1

Upgrades: 6
Product Placement x3
The Twins x3

The ICE is all terribly expensive, and so getting free installs and rezzes from Howler, the toybox, and the Agendas will be super important. An early Twins into Howler or architect will really help out, which is why there are 3 of each of those. The other ICE are really included only to try to seriously damage the runner, and Isabel McGuire is in there to try to make sure that The Twins are turned on on the correct server where I need them.

Thereā€™s a good bit of archives recursion since The Twins and ABT will be pitching lots of stuff (when The Foundryā€™s ability doesnā€™t prevent ABT from trashing the other two cardsā€“which should be about 50/50 since Iā€™m running few agendas.)

Tried to include some unique economy and a few other uncommonly used cards.