The story so far:
I want to build a deck for each identity. Big project, obviously, so I would super appreciate some help.
About me: I like to play Netrunner for fun. I’m not hugely experienced. I like playing the game much more than building decks. I like variety and to see fun interactions of cards and playstyles. I don’t need a deck to be awesomely competitive, as long as it’s interesting and fun.
So I’m going to try to put together a deck for each identity and keep them as assembled as possible so that I can quickly play it with my friends more like a game and less like a collectible card game.
Help I’d appreciate:
- I’m happy to netdeck the crap out of this project, so if you have any decks you think I would enjoy (fun/interesting/competitive, in that order), please let me know.
- Since I haven’t done a lot of deckbuilding or any competitive play, help with understanding the names of deck archetypes and what they aim to do would be super helpful. I think I’ll compile a list of these archetypes as a good starting point.
A few details:
- I own 4 core sets and all cycles through the latest big box expansion (Data & Destiny), so card selection shouldn’t be an issue as long as we don’t go to Mumbad.
- In the name of completeness, I would like to use each card at least once (even the crappy ones). I can always sub out similar cards for crappier versions that attempt to do similar things. -edit- Ok, ok, I don’t need to use every card. I just want as broad an experience as possible.
- I don’t need to keep all the decks constructed all the time, of course, but I will leave them as assembled as possible and go fetch the additional needed cards based on a master list. I’ll put that together, of course.
- I’d like as wide a variety of archetypes as possible. Ideally, no two decks should be trying to do exactly the same thing in the same way.
Following this post will be the list of identities and archetypes that I’ll maintain over the coming weeks as I do my research. There are a couple things I have in flight in real life right now that, once done, I’d like to try to spend some time on this project before getting my next contracts.
Thanks for any help and thoughts! I intend to update regularly; hopefully life doesn’t get in the way too much!