Meta Snapshot: March 2016

How much was Kate represented there? I assume the wins were all NEXT builds? So is it fair to assume it’s a combination of Caprice + Silver tax that keeps Kate at bay?

It’s not popular now, many Kate players changed her to other runners. I won Regionals with her, but MaxX gave me better results in next two Regios.

Kate is so underrepresented when you consider her power level.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been wondering why that is. I’m thinking maybe everyone has a little hipster in them and doesn’t want to be playing THE deck. Everyone in the meta’s I’ve seen are playing Anarch. Another thing could be that because it seems like Anarch have gotten the most support this cycle, starting with O&C, people are excited to try new stuff like Wyld Pancakes and Faust.

2 Likes

It’s good for the meta that not everyone’s playing her.

1 Like

I heard Kate usually packs a parasite

1 Like

Usually only 1, yes.

It’s all you need to get rid of NEXT Silver. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Parasite is clutch. Just don’t break ice unless you’re going to get agendas

One copy of the card, yes. However, the usual Kate lists also contain 3 Clone Chips, 2 Scavenges, and a Levy. With those, you can get as many as 12 Parasite uses in one game if that’s how you want to spend those cards.

Which can be a big if in some games. I get that Silver is weak to Parasite, but clearly Parasite alone is not a foolproof way to win this matchup. Just like Clot is not a foolproof way to win against NEH FA and Vamp against RP; etc.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I don’t see Next Silver as HB and I don’t auto-lose.

1 Like

Here in the Mid-Atlantic US, Kate is far from underrepresented. I think we probably have the strongest concentration of players in the world, especially if you consider the whole East Coast manages to travel to meet each other for events, and Kate is by far the most popular runner here. Anarchs might be more popular as a whole, but to be fair, there are a huge amount of tier 1 and tier 1.5 decks there, including Regass and Noise, both of which I consider to be at least as strong as Kate right now.

And as to HBFA, if Noise and Kate are the most popular runners, (as they were at the top tables of Durham), I think it’s probably the best corp deck, as it has reasonable matchups across the board and possibly the single best Kate matchup. I certainly would recommend it over RP to people who aren’t, like, me, @AceJack @Paranoid and @hhooo. Maybe @pacer if he agrees to start playing real ice :stuck_out_tongue: Noise is just rough right now. I had to play next to perfect AND luck out to beat it twice in Durham.

1 Like

August 2015 edition is up!

2 Likes

I love the deck, no doubts about it, but has anyone other than @mediohxcore won anything with Reg-Ass Maxx lately? Dunno if you can call it Tier 1 if it’s so difficult to pilot (speaking from experience here).

People have done pretty okay with it, but not a ton of people play it. I sometimes wonder myself. It’s been almost 2 months now, though some people have put up some good performances that were not wins since then:

http://stimhack.com/anr-pro-circuit-huzzah-hobbies-northern-va-18-players/http://stimhack.com/regional-strefa-gry-bielsko-biala-poland-20-players/

I think it’s safe to call it tier one. It’s certainly better than Andy Val and Whizzard anyway, if not as good as Kate (and Noise?).

I think it’s definitely more powerful than the Whiz or Val versions. Certainly the most powerful reg-ass build, just tough to pilot. It’s probably not quite as good as Kate and Noise has such a devastating RP match up it’s likely a stronger choice for the majority of players who aren’t Dan.

Hey guys, the latest Snapshot is up! Check out Bad Publicity (October 2015 Power Rankings - YouTube) as well for some discussion between me and Jamieson.

2 Likes

I’m not good enough to get in the RP rollcall. RIP.

To be fair, I gave that deck up not too long ago, and I don’t think I can pilot it anywhere near as well as I used to.

So, RP is outdone by Gagarin Horizontal and Chronos Breaker Control.

Is this an error, or do I not understand something about this ranking system? Also why is RP rush mentioned in the video but not on the list. Thoroughly confused.