Minh MaxX

Stay on topic guys. I removed some post to help you.

8 Likes

I’ve been fooling around with this deck for a bit and it certainly is quite powerful. I do actually enjoy playing against it, since it punishes mistakes quite hard, which makes it for a good training session. Assuming you have a capable opponent, of course.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever lost a game in round 1.

6 Likes

I’ve been messing around with variations of this. I’m trying 3x Ddos and 1x Clot. Sometimes you can’t help it if NBN sneaks an Astro out somehow on you and the Clot solves that issue assuming you can draw or mill it. I’ve always loved DLR and in glad it’s a thing again.

is it not a major relief to get through that round 1 with a couple of wins when you don’t have a bye? I know it is for me…

As to minh maxx…the deck is scary. Very scary. I don’t want to start playing etf turing spam with one swordsman or crisium but might have to if people start playing it in my meta…

I’ve played this type quite a bit, I’ve put in 1 Hacktivist, as a counter spell and because it can help punish people rezzing assets in response. Employee strike would be ideal, but this is as effective in some regards.

I also fit in D4v1d and 2 DDoS, because Dave helps keep blue sun on the back foot, without femme it can get kinda sketchy, and DDoS is a pair of knees on a bee. Deck is crazy good when it’s firing on all cyls.

I played this deck yesterday in the Houston ANRPC and did alright with it. The trouble I had was when HB would get an Adonis/Eve ticking behind some ETR Ice like Enigma or WoS, they could rush behind those ICE and the econ was enough that my Siphons didn’t hurt. I’m wondering how much remote pressure is good or how much time I need to just be setting up for the mill and then 5 click milling. I know for the Val version, server pressure is a big part but I’ve had a harder time with this version.

2 Likes

Had a similar experience, not sure how to balance the DLR mill with remote pressure.

Is there anything the deck can do except roll over and die vs jintechi biotech? 3 clicks to flip their identity, 3 clicks to shuffle all of archives back into RnD.

That was my initial thought against DLR but, while it sounds good, I don’t think it actually does anything. That’s a whole turn not spent developing your board state; what’s to stop the DLR player from going “mill 5” the next turn until they win or can assure themselves there’s enough points in Archives? All Seeing I & Turing make NBN & HB better matchups.

1 Like

Removing mill as your wincon is petty huge imo, since the deck has few tools to win in any other way, even if the jinteki has to spend a whole turn every…7 turns or so to avoid being milled out. Your only breaker that can steal agendas is faust, lets be real here.

You misunderstand how biotech works. They get to spend 3 clicks ONCE to flip their identity, and which point the ability triggers. They only get to shuffle archives into R&D once.

3 Likes

Oh-oh-oh thanks for that. No matchup unwinnable so.

Does this still work with the errata?

I’d argue yes, and that Minh MaxX is less affected than DLR Val. Minh MaxX’s advantage was always quicker set up time because of the built-in draw; having only one WNP out early game is fine & still makes it tough for a corp that’s still setting up to trash resources.

1 Like

I believe it does. you might have to be more aggressive on keeping the corps money down, and maybe even have to make some runs midgame. Maybe keyhole has to turn up as a 1-2 of. Testing would tell.

1 Like

I got rekt by a Minh MaxX today, and it definitely still felt strong. Like others have said, you just set up faster than most corp draws can deal with. I suppose with the errata it might be better to try and play the economic game rather than the race, but I’m not sure.

It’s just so disheartening to trash all of their things just to have them Levy and start it all again.

This deck is still opressive and dominant. I won a 27 man SC with this list and it felt like I was in control the whole time. The whole “Good players can play around DLR decks” thing is a fallacy. It’s not as powerful as it was back in the day, and its a little more interactive, but it’s real good.

5 Likes

I know they are a few months away but how do people feel about making an entrance and councilman with regards to minh Maxx. Cant help think that the consistency resulting from mae and the chance to derez crisium on hq will make this a nightmare to play against.

I don’t think it will make that big of a differance. If you play DLR MaxX, you will win, regardless of wether you have Councilaman. I think it will get triggers, but you can put on enough pressure without it so you can win. Making an Entrance is just a matter of slots. I would rather play Inject, and I think most people will as well.