My first attempt at NEXT Deck

So I am trying to branch away from HB ETF, this is my first try for a different HB deck. Any and all advice would be helpful.

I only have the one Project Vitruvius from the championship deck currently will be making changes when the revised hits the shelves. Trying for a fast no advance deck.

NEXT Design: Guarding the Net
– agenda (9 cards)
2 Advanced Concept Hopper
2 Corporate Sales Team
2 Elective Upgrade
1 Project Vitruvius
2 Successful Field Test
– asset (10 cards)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Advanced Assembly Lines
3 Jeeves Model Bioroids
2 Marilyn Campaign
– ice (18 cards)
2 Architect
2 Caduceus
2 Fairchild 3.0
2 Rototurret
2 Seidr Adaptive Barrier
2 Tollbooth
2 Turing
2 Vanilla
2 Wall of Static
– operation (8 cards)
3 Biotic Labor
3 Hedge Fund
2 Preemptive Action
– upgrade (4 cards)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 Surat City Grid

Forgot to add I have one core and all of the deluxe sets. I also have all of the mumbad cycle, What Lies Ahead, Chrome City, Station one and all of the Flashpoint cycle except Quorum.

Based on the overall cost of your ICE, I’d maybe try and fit in some more economy cards. Right now it looks like you’re using 3 Adonis, 3 Hedge Funds, 2 Marilyns, 2 AALs (which only kinda count, since it’s just 2 credits per), and 2 Surat CGs. It’s a decent number of economy cards, but AAL and Surat are both quite weak in terms of the economic gain they give you. I guess Surat can eventually net you quite a lot of credits, but you already need quite a few credits before it can get you there, since you need to be able to rez a lot of things when the runner is running on the Surat server. Sure, they’re lowered by 2, but you really want full value for rezzing the entire server +1 other thing, and that can take tons of cash.

I suppose this could be mitigated my the use of ACH and Sales Team in order to get more money, so maybe it’s not actually a problem, so long as you’re able to score things. In that case, I’ll bring up my next thing in that you have 3x Biotic Labor and nothing too much to do with them. You can never-advance a 4/2 and fire it off with a Biotic, but that makes a 4c agenda cost 8c for minimal benefit, and if you might have econ problems than this does nothing to help it. Jeeves should already enable never-advancing 4/2s, so Biotic seems less necessary, at least as a 3-of. It does combo with Jeeves to allow the never-advancing of a 5/3, which is always great, but since you only have 2 5/3s in the deck, and you’re not going to always want to never advance 5/3s, it seems like you could easily run 1-2 Biotics instead.

Other than that, it seems like a decent deck based on what you have. NEXT is a decent ID right now, I think.

1 Like

Made some card swaps to play with the econ some what are your thoughts?

NEXT Design: Guarding the Net
– agenda (9 cards)
2 Advanced Concept Hopper
2 Corporate Sales Team
2 Elective Upgrade
1 Project Vitruvius
2 Successful Field Test
– asset (12 cards)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Advanced Assembly Lines
2 Estelle Moon
3 Jeeves Model Bioroids
2 Marilyn Campaign
– ice (18 cards)
2 Architect
2 Caduceus
2 Fairchild 2.0
2 Seidr Adaptive Barrier
2 Tollbooth
2 Turing
2 Vanilla
2 Vikram 1.0
2 Wall of Static
– operation (6 cards)
1 Biotic Labor
3 Hedge Fund
2 IPO
– upgrade (4 cards)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 Surat City grid

I don’t know if you’re as asset-spammy as a deck with Estelle needs to be to get good value out of her. It might be better to just chuck in a couple IPOs and call it good.