My First Ken Deck

Hi,

even with the experience of almost 10 TCG’s and 1 LCG it is very
difficult to build a netrunner deck. Now I have build 2 decks (one with
Ken here and one with Noise). Dont wonder, i only use cards i have (1
core set and 1 times every expansion). Does this deck have a chance on
tournaments? Any surgestions to improve it? Thanks in Advance!

Express Runner

Ken “Express” Tenma: Disappeared Clone (Honor and Profit)

Event (24)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Demolition Run (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit)
2x Running Interference (Mala Tempora)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
1x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (6)
2x Compromised Employee (Trace Amount)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set) ••••• •
1x Ninja (Core Set)

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

16 influence spent (max 17)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

so what am i trying with this Deck? really easy: Runs Runs Runs! That’s what Ken for. Sadly only the first run per turn, but still great. So let’s start with my run events: Account Siphon should help to ruin the con. so this card would be very useful, when he/she has lot’s of money. I’m a bit scared about the 2 tags, but if u say it’s one of the best run events, i trust u and try it out! So next one of my favorite Runs: Demolition Run. The more cards i access the more i can destroy. That’s why the HQ Interface is in my deck. If the con has his/her strongest ice on the outermost position, Inside Job helps to bypass it easily. Legwork is just in to grab all cards of the con, if he/she has less cards at some time. Planned Assault helps me to get the right run, when i need it. Special Order does the same for icebreakers. Last but not least the Running Interference: Like Account Siphon this tries to ruin the con player. RI also allows me to bypass expensive unreeled ice.

the last 3 events help me to get more money (Dirty Laundry and Sure Gamble) or ruin the cons economy/defense (Forged Activation Orders). In this version the Prepaid VoicePAD replaces the Public Terminal. I thought it’s ok to have the money only for Run events, but you are true, the general version is better. The HQ Interface should force the con to place more ice on HQ or play his agendas faster on the remote servers. Why 2 consoles? Cause atm i only own 1 core set. I think i’ll buy 1 or 2 in the next month, but now 1 has to fit. That’s why i use Desperado and doppelgänger. Both work well with Ken’s ability. When i have 2 or more core sets i think i will use 2 Desperados.

Daily Casts and Compromised Employee should help to get more money. CE helps to fight against getting tagged form con too. John Masanori fits well in this build and gets me more cards. Thank for that advice. Sneakdoor Beta helps me to find an easy way to the HQ or forces the con to place ice in front of the archives. So a win-win situation for me :slight_smile: At least my Icebreakers. Only 7 this time, hope it’s enough. Corridor and Gordian Blade as u recommend. They have lower costs and are more efficient than my own choose. Cryptis and Femme Fatale should be in the most decks. Easy to use, very effective, but very expensive. They are like jokers. At least Ninja. Ninja should break sentries like Femme Fatale, but at lower costs.

One of the best things about Ken is the 17 influence. Use it!

Secondly i would try to import some decent breakers aurora and peacock are questionable. Look for a corroder and gordian blade/ ZU. Also think about how often you can use a gingerbread and how efficient it is. Most players think it is a bad card and there is probably a reason for.

Last but not least ken is all about the best run events. And the best run event is in faction but sadly not in your deck namely account siphon.You dont have to go full siphon just 1 or 2 so you can look for them with planned assault.

Edit: I would love to play gingerbread, just for the art

It would probably be a good idea to do to this most what you did with the Noise post you made and give a writeup with what you’re trying to achieve and an explanation of card choices. That not only gives people some direction with how to respond, but some insight as to your thinking so we can address what other card choices might go along with your ideas, and additionally gives people the ability to address if they believe the ideas to be valid.

1 Like

Lose RDI
Lose gingerbread
choose either desperado or doppleganger and take two of em
get corroder>> aurora
If you are going public terminal prepaid voice pad is almost always better.
Add account syphon

You have no draw.
I get that you’re trying to use public terminal to generate creds - but… no.

Need draw? Consider John Masanori.

@ryanbantwins: Thanks for your advice! Yeah Gingerbread has a nice art, but you are right, less use in the game :frowning:

@Saan: in my timezone it was late yesterday so i went sleep after correcting the noise post. Ken is now edited :smile:

@Chris_Pdersen: Short, essentially. Nice. No wasted words like my first post XD But i think i know what you mean, the deck is updated

@warpchy: JM is a great card and now in my Deck :smile:

So my post ist edited. Sry for the first rude version. The Deck is edited too.

Imo the deck has improved a lot. Maybe try to make place for a stimhack that you can tutor so you get 10 extra creds to get in a scoring server. Seems like a fun deck to play (not tier 1) but still solid enough.

Btw if you’re not making decks of 60 cards, you’re doing a better job than I did :slight_smile:

thanks. am ill atm and have a lot time to build decks, but not to test, so i want to discuss with u all about them. my aim is to build 1 deck for every fraction, so shaper, jinteki and hb will come the next days.

i dont need an nbn deck cause this (PAX Prime – 2014 (44 players) - StimHack) is rly nice and i can handle it :). I build a Weyland deck after order and chaos, cause i think Gagarin Deep Space is a nice identy :smiley:

1 Like