My Time Is Null (A Whistleblower's Thread)

I was surprised that Null didn’t have his own dedicated thread, so here it is. While I could endlessly gush about his glorious synergy with general core set Anarch goodness, I’ll just kick things off with my own list.

Dawn of the Red v1.4

Null: Whistleblower (23 Seconds)

Event (13)

Hardware (5)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (9)

8 influence spent (max 15-7☆=8, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB

This list is a pretty generic good stuff anarch build after some testing and changes. The hardest part about building this was actually finding the right balance between card draw, economy and breakers, but I feel this is a reasonable place to start.

Quick word on card choices. Aghora is your general troubleshooter, and your solution to lotus fields. The flex slots are both Imps, the 3rd Déjà Vu and Employee Strike. Everything else is pretty much necessary right now.

Also, because this is bound to come up, I don’t feel that Net-Ready Eyes are needed, since your ID and Ice Carver already do so much work. While I occasionally missed them, I was always happy to have both Clone Chips and a Levy.

So that’s my take on Null for now. Now you guys get out there and start talking Null and melting ICE all over the place!

1 Like

With no D4 and a Levy anyway, I would consider NRE more useful than a CC. I know you already mentioned that you don’t find it necessary, but have you tested it? I personally would cut the Aghora but that’s perhaps unfair as I have never tested it. I would also recommend a Bhagat over the second Ice Carver; while extra value for Null, Carver isn’t necessary.

1 Like

The thing is, I tested multiple builds where I cut either levy or a cc for eyes, and while it was nice to have, I always ended up missing whatever I cut more.

Didn’t think of Bhagat though. I’ll definitely try it out, it gives this deck a form of HQ pressure. I’ll also actually try out a single Nerve Agent too, just for fun.

EDIT: Aghora is also really nice if the corp pulls a surprise virus suite and you’re suddenly out of sucker tokens. It also covers up the small gap left by D4v1d.

If you really like your Larla, why did you not put a SoT ?
No Hopper, no Plascrete : you’re a paper tiger vs any killdeck, no ?
I agree that’s because of crowded Anarch slots (no tutor makes you play lots of breakers), but you absolutely need this, this is basic runner B&B.

There is a plascrete. And 3 déjà Vu covers for SOT when the only real target is levy and parasites.

Also as mentioned in the write up, imps and déjà are flex slots, so a SOT could be put in if you need it.

Ok, so why not an Hopper instead ? It’s moar draw and moar link in some games, and it would blur your IHW defense (small plus : Hopper can draw IHW).

I think that trying to keep a Deja vu in grip for Larla is not really a good thing vs killdecks. You need to save it on board.

Hopper is probably the better choice as of now, since it always has a use. However, it will definitely become a plascrete once BOOM! comes out, and I’m just lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Concerning SOT, I just guess it comes down to personal preference and play style. In all of my games, I never really felt any pressure on déjà Vu choices, but you can slot it if you need it.

Damn I was just thinking about starting the Null thread with some title like /dev/null something something. Ah well, probably saved me the bad rep of crashing stimhack somehow.

I’m seeing about every anarch game on jnet is null (at least until omar drops). This ID makes the fixies so nuts, and with injection attack Yog’s stock is on the rise. I don’t even know that ice destruction is necessary here, I’d think smc or something is better than clone chip, if you can get the draw and econ packages right. I’ll drop back by after some testing. Kim’s been way too much fun lately :s

3 Likes

Hey @x3r0h0ur what do you think?

Null the Conquerer

Event (16)
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Injection Attack (23 Seconds)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆☆●●●●[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
1x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆[/color]

Program (8)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆☆[/color]
8 influence spent (max 15-7☆=8, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I would personally find room for at least a single Kati Jones for the late game. Since you don’t have levy, it would be possible for a corp to force you through a server repeatedly and grind out your economy. You can also probably go down to 2 suckers since carver, net-ready, injection attack and Null himself help with melting ICE strength.

I like how the new MWL is guiding people back towards the L4J builds. They were both fun to play as and against.

You’re going to want D4v1d. I’ve tried dealing without it, and its tough. I’d cut at least 2 CF for 2 dave. I’m also testing Injection attack. Might be light on draw though, esp if you can’t play IHW. I like inject, w/ retrun.

Kati looks good too.

2 Likes

No d4vid. i have a better idea.

Null the Conquerer

Event (16)
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Injection Attack (23 Seconds)

Hardware (4)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆●●[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (11)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]●●●[/color]
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (8)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Trope (Old Hollywood)
9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Atman at a high strength NULLifies problematic ice for the rest of the game

Dies hard to sandburg though (so does the entire rig without d4v1d). 1 good grail deck with sandburger and your rig is toast!

so what do we cut for our d4v1d?

Gotta be the career fairs sadly. Suck up the econ loss and just play better. D4v1d’s free to break might just off set the costs incurred proportionate to what career fair is “making” us.

so cut 2x fairs for 2x d4v1d?

Seems like the only cuts to me. Unless NRE is really needed, given we have the ID.

Too much of a good thing type situation?

Null the Conquerer

Event (12)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆●●[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (13)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]●●●[/color]
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (10)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) [color=#FF4500]☆☆[/color]
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Trope (Old Hollywood)
7 influence spent (max 15-8☆=7, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

we need NRE for Lotus.