NAPD Most Wanted List - *Update July 2016*

NAPD Enemy No. 1

Goddamn it. Dan/Anthony give me ‘Needlessly Reactionary’ as a title or I’m quitting the game and selling all my cards.

7 Likes

Why not look into running Foxfire? I have found it a fairly good card in the current meta.

The Stone Age, surely?

6 Likes

Daemon Stone?

2 Likes

apology for poor english

when were you when Netrunner dies?

i was sat at home watching new year eve show when Damon ring

‘Netrunner is kill’

‘no’

20 Likes

You can’t do anything even remotely similar. 3 Pads and 3 finds is now 9 influence. You can do nothing even close to old Kate with the new list. Clot, Parasite, and Lucky Find recursion was literally the whole point of the deck. Not to mention how hyper-fucked MaxX is now. Maxx was an ID designed on on reliance on clone chip. Which was fucking stupid, but it’s done now.

Don’t know who’s played more DLR matchups, but WNP being unique does literally nothing to change the game. You still install one and are invincible. Installing the second WNP was always just helicopter-dicking. This errata changes nothing.

Levy would totally decimate shaper, the faction would never be seen again. Nor would Maxx. Faust should have been on here before SanSan, PPVP, NAPD, Lady, and Yog. In it’s current iteration, it’s a reactionary joke that might read as satire from someone who quit the game a year ago and hasn’t played since.

But coming from the new game developer, color me wildly unimpressed.

13 Likes

I was coming at that more from the idea that they attacked Clone Chip AND Parasite right off the bat. If you want to make Faust really hurt, you hit Levy too. I wouldn’t put it past them.

The WNP nerf is making dlr going from 10% vs sync to 5%. Not unhappy on this one.

7 Likes

Just built 2 decks with the new restrictions, Kate and Haarp, and played a real casual game with a friend. Maybe it was just the specific game, or placebo, but the game was really fun, Kate taking forever to set up, and Haarp getting taxing ice on centrals and a remote before trying to fast advance out. It felt like classic Netrunner, and I am impressed.
So far, based on my obviously extensive playtesting, I approve. (But remain a little salty because of no Nexus Kate nerf)

4 Likes

I think this list is good for the competitive environment. It’s rather annoying for new players, anyone who ever dreamed of playing netrunner casually and TOs.

Funny. Yesterday I was really mystified by all the ppl testing nexus Kate but I guess they knew something I didn’t lol.

2 Likes

Τι Noone seems to care about all the coding that needs to be done for octgn, jjnteki. Net and the various deck builders… Tsk tsk tsk, so unpolite…

4 Likes

I think it is a quite elegant solution. Most people will use a deck builder to build their decks, and they will add checks for this. So in that regard it isn’t as limiting as other solutions would be. But it isn’t without problems. Importing SanSan and desperado at 4 influence probably means they will see less play in other factions.

PPVP and sansan are a bit harsh I think. Kate is already hit by the other changes (cc, Lady, parasite) and it will make PPVP unplayable in other IDs. SanSan I think got nerfed because of CC. With less CCs in decks, it will be harder to threaten with clot. Which in turn threatens to make NEH fastro becoming the dominating archetype again.

NAPD and Astroscript is probably to make agenda suites a bit more diverse. Which is probably good for the game. SanSan in particular is problematic, since it is so easy to turn on the train even if your deck isn’t geared towards FA.

4 Likes

If you really need a nerf, just play shattered remains. Or lab dog. Or Taurus. I like the most wanted list, for many reasons, but especially because there aren’t as many easy choices. There will still be clone chip and parasite around, but less of them, and now interesting tricks that will be more powerful simply because there is less ubiquitousness in cards being played, or something, whatever.

The point is, there are a lot of cards that don’t see very much play, and that will probably change because of the list. The meta was growing stale, devolving into more and more people wanting to concede their games because most games they’ve played have a similar pattern.

2 Likes

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but the deck is so impossible to even scratch at when they have thier whole rig set up. But you are probably right, it’s just:

I was under the impression that MaxX was designed around Retrieval Run more than Clone Chip. I mean, it combos with Eater and all, which is one of their bigger combos from O&C. Or Deja Vu (though slower). Or just Levy-ing the whole thing back. Or Trope. Point is, Anarch has tons of ways of getting programs out of the heap besides Clone Chip. MaxX certainly liked Clone Chip, but it’s not the only thing, nor is it absolutely necessary to play 3. And even then, a whole extra three influence doesn’t “kill” a runner or a deck.

5 Likes

He’s referring to reg-ass I presume

1 Like

Reg-Ass was already down in the dumps.

1 Like

Five, since Yog.0 costs an influence.

1 Like

Can the OP/mods please keep the first post of the thread with the current list? It might be also be cool having a set of linked cards rather than the screenshot.

Only thought so far is that I really like the list, it’s elegant and thematic, and I’m surprised they didn’t just put DLR and WNP on it rather than a flat-out errata. But whatever. Pretty positive for the game.

Something like below:

#Runner

###Hardware

Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••
Desperado (Core Set) •••
Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

###Programs

Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains) •••
Yog.0 (Core Set)
Parasite (Core Set) ••

#Corp

Agendas

AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Upgrades

SanSan City Grid (Core Set) •••

ICE

Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
Architect (Up and Over) ••

9 Likes

I understand why Damon would want to put Desperado on the list. The problem is that Desperado is easily worth the 1 influence and it would take a substantially better console than the alternatives to push Desperado out. In the end, this only nerfs Criminal and forces them to play with 3 less influence.

I would expect Wyldside and/or Peddler and Faust to appear on the list next with Damon hacking at tall poppies.

5 Likes