Nationals Meta Panic!

IT Dept; Just 1, can get pretty brutal for faust decks. Lotus is no laughing matter when it gets bigger…

Guys Noise is a non-issue. No one is losing to Noise. He’s not even the best build right now. LETS ALL GO BACK TO IGNORING NOISE.

6 Likes

Any corps who can FA and score in the remote.
Modern NEHFA also crushs Noise.

2 Likes

all the anarch nonsense is powered by resources. if you want to go meta crusher im thinking the NBN making news deck that was popular around the plugged in tour with the closed accounts, bernice mai’s and freelancers that was tuned to go to war with pro con and kati jones.

i think snare is a pretty big card right now too. i’ve watched these faust players cavalierly burn themselves down to under three cards in hands for central accesses and everyone is all about the multi access with little regard for snare unless they are playing against PE.

When you have 2 D4V1D it’s not so bad.

1 Like

Lizzy Mills can kill Wyldside and Aesop’s, and she’s a good include against Val too. Without Wyldcakes, Faust loses a lot of its tempo.

1 Like

I agree, which is why I’m a fan of Ichi/Ashigaru/Tsuguri that are likely to use up all of the counters in one go or where just D4v1d likely won’t be enough; You’re next comment is probably something like clone chip/deja vu, to which I respond: I’m also running blacklist. And eventually you do get in and thrash that stuff, but at what cost? Now I have a caprice server set up and I’m scoring out. This is the line I like to play: must trash stuff that costs you time and money while I’m advancing some other plan, but you can’t just ignore my time sinks either because they too can be a win condition if left alone.

So basically we go to time. :wink:

Nah it sounds good. believe me I don’t want to play an IT department deck with anyone but if I do, I just want it to be someone with david and recursion. It still sucks to play against.

Going to time is up to you. I’ll be fast.

But yeah; I won’t be at gencon, don’t worry.

[quote=“Chill84, post:30, topic:4622”]
Just play the decks you know how to play, which for most players is NEH and Kate/Noise.[/quote]
Heh, yeah so, the whole point of the OP was “I don’t want to play later, here are other decks I know, what should I play.”

“Play the deck you specifically said you had no interest in playing anymore” isn’t super helpful…

Anyways, got in a couple of Foise games over lunch, it feels pretty good, and fun to boot. Definitely adding it to my short list!

new deck syndrome.

I’ll add that being a robot and doing the same thing over and over again for 8 hours is a prerequisite for ffg events, which is why all of the best players are bioroids irl

2 Likes

What is your plan with ITD against Noise? Just keep it at ~4 counters to make Faust discard one more card every other run?
Building up to 10-15 counters and only then starting to score out sounds like a sure way to get milled if you don’t have scored a Hades Fragment.

Agree with @Chill84. There are two metagames, especially at a tournament as strong as this one. The first, “how good is your deck,” is less important in ANR than the second, “how good are you with your deck?” If you want to maximize your chances, play what you are most comfortable with. It is a lonnnnggggg day of netrunner. Conserve energy by limiting the number of situations that have to be met with calculation and maximizing those that can be met with knowledge/intuition. Unless your goal is explicitly to make yourself think, which it sounds like maybe it is, in which case play MaxX.

1 Like

I’m disappointed you didn’t say Prof! :smiley:

Yeah, I don’t balk too easy at “thinker” decks; my first ever cut was 6 swiss rounds of Solidarity Nasir to a 4th place finish (corp dropped both elims…).

Don’t get me wrong, I really respect the top tier players for grinding their play with the “big decks” down to a atomically sharp edge so that they can win with them while half asleep. I will just never have the time or attention span to spend getting my play to that level, so there’s no reason not to play decks that’re more interesting!

That said, there’s “more interesting” and then there’s “Jank.” Losing games simply because your deck is bad (even if it is interesting) isn’t fun to me., hence the purpose of this post; I’m looking for decks that can compete, even if they probably won’t.

1 Like

Noise has always been a weak spot for me; I’m likely to forget ITD if I don’t have lotuses out in good places. Since this is usually an IG deck we’re talking about, he’s hopefully powering stronger remote protection; but Imp is still a problem if you can’t keep them out. An active noise player must be rushed against, forget your assets and go in hard on a caprice server that’s at least mildly taxing by midgame and hope.

Frankly noise is strong; and you’re just going to have to deal with that. But you can slow him down with black list, which will shutdown clone chips and deja vus. I’d probably go for the blacklist first and then toggle to scoring earlier. IT is better against non-noise faust players and kates.

1 Like

I play RP with ITD and feel similarly (dont have a Blacklist available though :frowning: ).
At least the ITD-ICE (Lotus, Architect etc.) is good against anarchs.

Yes, keep reinforcing this “3 datapacks ago” mindset. Fighting the good fight for Noise.

10 Likes

Yellow Flash NEH might have a chance, just because of how speedy it can be; but yeah, Faustoise is a scary pocket monster. I don’t think Astrobiotics can really hold a flame to it.

There’s been talk in the local meta of just playing cyberdex trial in Yellow Flash, no point in the suite if you’re not protecting anything.

1 Like

Noise is overrated. Even with faust.
Keep playing Noise and beat those annoying Psi-Game glacier decks :slight_smile:

It will just make semi-rush deck stronger.