Code Gate (10)
3 Chum • • •
3 Pop-up Window
3 Tollbooth
1 Viper •

Sentry (4)
3 Caduceus •• •• ••
1 Flare

I’m trying to think how to rework ice, but here’s my current thoughts.

I’m too excited about the new NBN cards not to begin speculation.

Well, I can show you how I currently run NBN Making News (idea shamelessly stolen from Sly). It seems to be functioning great currently so perhaps it will give you a place to start off deck building. I would not play character assassination btw, Private Security Force is much more important.

Identity: NBN: Making News

Agendas: 11

• 3 AstroScript Pilot Program

• 2 Breaking News

• 3 Private Security Force

• 3 Project Beale

Assets: 3

• 3 Melange Mining Corporation

Barriers: 5

• 3 Ice Wall (3 Influence)

• 2 Wall of Static

Code Gates: 5

• 2 Enigma

• 3 Pop-Up Window

Sentries: 7

• 2 Caduceus (4 Influence)

• 2 Data Raven

• 2 Neural Katana (4 Influence)

• 1 Shadow (1 Influence)

Operations: 18

• 3 Beanstalk Royalties (3 Influence)

• 3 Closed Accounts

• 3 Hedge Fund

• 3 Midseason Replacements

• 3 Psychographics

• 3 Sea Source

To explain the point of the deck:

I was thinking that every single runner these days is using a heavy resource economy. Every runner is running Kati Jones, Pro Contacts, Daily Casts,etc. Almost no one is still running things like Magnum Opus. The idea is to really punish this (correct I think) behavior. Additionally since we are running 3 Closed Accounts and 3 Psychographics, Criminal cannot easily go all in on us either.

When you play this deck you actually feel surprisingly solvent on your economy, and generally feel more in control than previous decks I have been testing out. Midseason is a real beast here (surprising to me) and allows you to do plays like put a breaking news down into a server with a Midseason in hand, putting the runner in a catch-22 situation.

So far in testing it has been strong, but it will need more testing to see if it can really hold up.

After Opening Moves the easy thing to do is just try and fit in Jackson somehow.

A problen that I’ve had with midseason control decls that I’ve tried in the past was that I still could lose after scoring psf out of r&d

There are a couple things you can do to really help that. Never put data raven on r&d and play 3 closed accounts. Say the opponent has 4 tags and it costs 6 to run r&d. after one closed accounts they are unable to run your deck for like 6 turns becasue psf rocks. I also think Sea Source is an all star here letting you pick off peoples katis when they have low money and a full kati.

I think Character Assassination is so beastly, being able to kill things like Kati Jones/Personal Workshop/Professional Contacts

I’ve tried Midseason decks, and they seem a little slow when sitting on dead cards waiting to become useful and thus too situational, but maybe I need to give them another try. However, I really like the speed of not running it.

How come Sly’s version doesn’t run Tollbooth?

This is my version, I don’t know if sly runs tollbooth or not. I can say, for sure, the focus is not spending alot of money on your ice so you have a lot of cash to tag the runner via sea source or midseason.

@narziss, character assasination isn’t really necessary in NBN imo, you already have quite a few ways to tag people.

I agree, I think character assassinations place will be nbn decks that don’t play tag punishment. Which is to say, niche right now

Has anyone seen this version?

Decklist:

NBN: Making News (49 cards)

Agenda (11)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
3 Corporate War
1 False Lead
1 Gila Hands Arcology
3 Project Beale

Asset (6)
3 Marked Accounts
3 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrade (5)
1 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
1 Red Herrings
3 SanSan City Grid

Operation (9)
2 Closed Accounts
3 Hedge Fund
2 Midseason Replacements
2 Psychographics

Barrier (6)
3 Eli 1.0
3 Ice Wall

Code Gate (4)
2 Datapike
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (8)
3 Caduceus
2 Data Raven
2 Flare
1 Rototurret

strange you say niche because the #1 OCTGN beta league player is currently running non-tag NBN as the nearly exclusive corp deck he runs

He (Running Bear) also eschews the inclusion of Midseasons/Psychographics

I am really loving this deck:

3 Project Beale
3 Astroscript
3 Breaking News
1 Gila Hands
2 PSF (soon to be Character Assassination)

3 SanSan
2 Bernice Mai
3 Melange Mining Corp
2 Adonis Campaign * * * *

3 Hedge Fund
2 Closed Accounts
2 Freelancer

3 Caduceus * * * * * *
3 Shadow * * *
1 Draco
2 Flare

3 Tollbooth
3 Popup Window
2 Chum * *

3 Bastion

Scoring a breaking news and then Freelancering peoples Professional Contacts + Kati Jones is the best.

Re: The list Asroybal posted:

The Walls of Static should really be Bastions to avoid Atman. Too many 3s and no 4s in that deck.

Im currently 4x str 3 ice and 2x str 4 ice( excluding caduceus which people link through anyways), your suggest change only transposes those numbers and is less efficient for me. Seems like a terrible change to me.

You have six 3 strenght ice (2 Neural Katana 2 Caduceus 2 Wall of Static).
You have two 4 strength ice (Data Raven).

Making it 4/4 is better. Also bastion is better than Wall of Static overall, if you have plenty of lower cost ice.

That’s cool, I don’t follow octgn at all so I didn’t know

I agree, I literally sent a very angry email to Narziss about getting stomped as corp post-cnc and that I was bringing back NBN. With KJ, Daily Casts and PC in play, Data Raven finally does some work, and cutting off KJ really neuters runners. It’s also surprisingly easy to SEA Source runners because they tend to load up credits on KJ while keeping their bank low in order to use her more efficiently.

I’m running a generally tagless NBN with 2 SEA Source, 2 Closed Accounts and 1 Freelancer and it’s been solid. Never really played a Midseason deck, though. It’s gonna be nice shuffling those Closed Accounts in your deck back in once Opening Moves lands :smile:

1 Like

The Beanstalks are surprising, but I understand. I think if it was my deck, I’d swap out 3 Beanstalks and an Ice Wall for 3 Pads and a Scorched Earth.

Edit: Or Marked Accounts, whatever. They’re really just to drain the runner’s economy.

@Narziss do you have any other info about running_bear’s decks? He’s been an absolute machine; my league’s got a bunch of NBN fanboys including me that are curious.

I understand not wanting beanstalks, they are necessary for my core plan tho.