[NBN] Butcher Your Enemies, Butcher Your Friends

Not al all. Here you go.

3 Likes

Interesting list. Haven’t you missed pop-ups? I suppose you were relying on BN kill more than usual (it seems so with lack of pop-ups and ETR like quandary and mother), how have that plan worked? Cause I’ve always been suspicious about increasing your agenda density.

deck looks good, prob more or less what I would run if I were to still play it. And pretty much what I played for Aust Nats. That being said I can tell you good runners wreck the deck (though I didn’t drop any games with it day 1). It’s the fact that people are usually too cautious that loses them this MU…

I played against quite a lot of good runners and they still died or I managed to score and in testing I had a hard time beating it, too. Breaking News and SEA Source kills were about even I think. The other win options were a bit less common.

1 Like

Anyone tempted by Shoot the Moon as post midseasons recovery play?

Shoot the Moon does not fit well into Butchershop IMO. If you have successfuly tagged the Runner for more than he can remove, your plan is to draw 2-3 damage events and gain the 3$-6$ to play them. Shoot the Moon slows you down by almost 2 turns there. Also, there are no good ICE to shoot up. Data Raven is often the most expensive one and it is blank as soon as the Runner floats tags.

If you want to Shoot the Moon, you want to play Tollbooth and other beefy, expensive-to-break ICE. That makes Closed Accounts better, and if you are playing 2 of those you don’t need the meat damage anymore…
Shoot the Moon was made for another Deck IMO. Maybe not a weaker one, but a different one.

1 Like

So I know it’s not technically out yet but how do people feel about Reality Threedee? The bad pub is a little annoying with NEH assets but 0 to rez 6 to trash drip econ is hard to beat and the bonus when tagged is real nice after a midseasons, especially if the runner has too many Paparazzis or Plascretes to kill outright.

it’s 5 or less to trash if you don’t remove the bad pub(s). Expose’ might be a good deal though if you can consistently bait runners into a 2+cred-cost server to balance out your 2 cost for install+adv+adv’ing expose’. perhaps veterans programs as your one-sies.

I think if shoot the moon is a real thing you want to do you need to design your deck around install+advance so that you can lean on using breaking news’s to fire off your shoot the moon’s

Yeah I’m considering slotting Expose. I run a more NEARPAD deck though and Ghost Branch is generally a superior advanceable bluff. I’ve only played with them twice though, I think I’ll test it out more online and see how it goes.

To run R3D in an asset econ, it basically has to be your only asset econ, except maybe marked acct.

I’ve not played midseasons based kill NBN since regionals, are we still landing massive midseasons? Otherwise, R3D is quite undependable for the cost. If you rez more than 1, I’d presume expose would be important, perhaps with some slots on tech start up to get any of these 3 cards as needed. I’ve not tested R3D though, so I’m just speaking jibbertish here.

Is anyone experiencing any luck with casting call? seems fun as a tech slot, but I want more opinions than just my own.

@kiv was playing it in an Argus deck. Looked fun but probably not a tier 1 contender.

It’s reasonable stacked with Data Ravens (so they can’t just run first action and clear), but you have to have a plan for Film Critic like Snatch & Grab or SEA Source or something.

Standard butcher now has to utilize sea source and midseasons to be efficient I think. I don’t think I’ll include casting call, but it seemed to be the most ideal in butcher if only because data raven.

Basing your deck around install advance for stuff like shoot the moon or Scorch, Early Premiere is a terrific contender. It means you can actually never advance behind a Data Raven all game. Naked BN-> Early Premiere an advancement-> advance -> TA -> Scorch.

1 Like

casting call lands into the long celebrated ANR category of really cool batch of new cards you don’t get to fully enjoy because they also released a foil that has a high chance of being popular for a while (see: film slappy).

2 Likes

If the runner goes low on credits early game I like to use Casting Call to score completely naked. Film Critic is a problem but most runner decks can’t summon it up reliably.

1 Like

If we’re talking SYNC, I agree with you. You find tags and punishment faster in a 40 card deck than Kate finds a single untutorable card in hers.

1 Like

4 2/1s - and 24/7 news cycle. No econ battle and all you have to do is what NBN does best. Score agendas fast!. Also Archangel is pretty great.

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Breaking News
2x NAPD Contract
3x Project Beale
1x 15 Minutes

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard
2x News Team

Upgrade (3)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite