Barrier (3)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (3)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The biotic was actually awkward. making biotic astro play was worse for my game plan before midseasons, my last game I had to win off the runner digging R&D and fed me 5 credits. biotic’d astro because I wanted to roll off astros as I drew them - was able to land a midseasons, but ended up out of restructure territory afterwards to land the kill. If I hadn’t biotic’d I would have been able to install restructure psycho.

Then in the world of no play mistakes, I would have ended up staring at a biotic all game until I won. This kind of thing might be fine in TWIY… Your hand needs to be beal midseasons psycho, then you rip into your biotic and I don’t think it’s like scorch in that you always know when you won’t need it - having a 2 card hand kind of sucks.

1 Like

Is it worth considering only running 45 cards in a yellow flash build? People on netrunnerdb were talking about trimming the TWiY* version to 40 for velocity’s sake. Haarpsichord’s ability mitigates the agency density issue, at least until the runner plays the new blank text box current and medium digs you for 31 points.

2 Likes

It’s a 2% change in frequency from 49 to 45 of seeing any card that you have 3 copies of. It’s not unreasonable, but a pretty solid case can be made for the value of utility in those 4 slots.

Not a bad idea, I would try it after hammering out a solid list - I think that’s a higher level of tuning that nothing I am working on is ready for though.

1 Like

so kyle day is in the us nationals top 16 with this list:

-1 restructure for +1 pop up

making news shell seems to work.

3 Likes

He wound up 4th on the day, notes are:

biotic is decent but not worth 4 influence in this list, did get the train rolling against a noise though. draco is very strong, might not be stronger than the haarpsichord as an ability though.

2 Likes

I like it! I do suspect that Haarp is going to be worth more than Draco, but Draco would be a real nice gear check.

How did Cyberdex Trial work? Needed at all?

he said it and closed accounts let him score through clot with decent consistency, but sometimes he wished it was the full virus suite.

EDIT: haarpsichord, take out biotic for an archived memories, use the 2 extra influence for a good sentry or two. For cheap gearcheck nothing beats draco still

Thanks for the report from Kyle. I was watching our whatsapp and got bummed when I heard about his loss.

Tested with a grim, it was good.
Anon tip was amazing. I want 2 or 3.

I think the only tangible benefit to using mn would be being able to add trolls to the cheap speed-bump list intelligently.

When the lions-share if your plan revolves around drawing one if three cards in a deck you need to hit that card or card draw ASAP.

The goal should be playing the deck until you learn what four cards to drop to cut to 40.

1 Like

Has anyone tried Successful Demonstration here? The focus on binary ICE and burst econ coupled with (possibly) having a larger handsize to hold combo pieces over turns seems like it might fit reasonably here, also being low inf. Maybe play it instead of GLC?

I find that without something like Caprice getting that ETR can be a challenge, which gives it a very specific window. Maybe this is easier against anarch, but when shaper was the thing, it seemed to me that Shaper only ever ran when it was going to be successful.

Au Revoir in our meta aside.

1 Like

I spent this week playing a blue sun midseason deck, and Max. Runner economies are ridiculous. Played against 2 yellow flash decks with max and both times I was able to race money and win, granted I knew my strategy going in, but having access to kati jones and a little extra was actually enough to race. It’s messed up.

Blue Sun’s conditional 13 credit econ operation made racing credits really easy, the only thing keeping me off winning was playing terrible agendas or not drawing into a combo.

After playing with that kind of econ, I am revising the agenda package to:

3x AstroScript Pilot Program
2x Breaking News
2x Explode-a-palooza
3x Project Beale
2x Profiteering

2 Likes

This is what I’ve found. If the runner has a for-real economy that packs some sustainable burst, Yellow Flash has a hard time making enough cash. The hope is to get an early lead (totally feasible, I think) and immediately start the agenda rush. Ideally install BN on the table and stare them down. If they run it, Midseason is on (maybe aim for 4 tags just to put them in an awkward place and turn off resource economy for at least a turn) and if they don’t, blow up Kati with the BN tags.

If you don’t get the right economy and agendas in hand early + the crucial Midseason, though, and you’re playing a runner with a fast economy, I think you just can’t win without them misplaying. It’s a tough ride.

1 Like

I’m curious if this deck is dead with critic being new and shiny + hatred of butchy-blast

1 Like

Midseasons decks are all going to take a hit, this one harder than butchershop even. Some way to trash film critic would be needed and that would hurt the speed of the deck. Plus the runner doesn’t even have to put film critic out until they need it.

As soon as I start losing to decks playing film critic I’ll start worrying about film critic.

5 Likes

TLDR; if you’re out to sea about a corp option and want something pretty fun and very easy to pick up while being fairly effective, I think this is a great deck. If you want your corp game to be solid and not have to give up any matches, you’ll want something that doesn’t have as many hard counters as this deck does.

Just what the doctor ordered. I’ve been struggling to find a corp deck that didn’t feel completely useless.

1 Like

Necroing a bit here, but I’ve been thinking about this archetype again in the context of D&D and it looks like there are some fun new tools available. The below deck is not really tested but more just a thought experiment. I’ve played and won 2 games with it and there are a few neat things going on for Yellow Flash.

News Flash

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)

Asset (5)

Operation (24)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The first thing to note is that Targeted Marketing is actually pretty nice in this deck. I found often that being able to either a) surge 10 credits or b) punish hate cards is really powerful in this archetype. Lots of times post-midseason you’re looking to build back up to 11-13 credits very quickly to threaten the final psycho-beale. Targeted Marketing getting triggered can go a long way to helping that. Second, some cards really hurt this deck (Medium was my enemy) and being able to push them out of bounds (or at least discourage them) is very nice. Predictive Algorithms as currents 4&5 is more or less because they’re a decent baseline for turning on News Hound and they help with the game plan.

The more interesting thing (and the part that doesn’t need Sol at all) is Lily Lockwell and she’s NUTS for this archetype, as you could imagine. Being able to do something like Jackson Psycho back into RnD, bring it to the top with Lily and draw it into hand is really quite good, but it also works to get Fast Track or Cyberdex to the top of RnD to be a game-finisher when you draw it next turn. Add to that the fact that she gives you ways to spend excess tags gained from Gutenbergs and it’s all gold to me.

One thing that would have been neat in the games I played was Keegan but deckslots are really a premium in this archetype and I had a hard enough time finding room for 1x Cyberdex Trial and 1x Fast Track, both of which are pretty important.

Any thoughts? A Haarp version of this deck that uses Lily is also probably quite good and possibly better than this, but I wanted to give Sol a try.

EDIT (Oh, and Global Food is good, too. Fewer agendas helps post-Midseason when the agenda you care about is Beale not, you know, anything else. The ratio of NAPDs to Astros is something I’m debating).

1 Like

I like the inclusion of Lily – that seems like something new and valuable for this archetype!

I think not having 3xAstro is a mistake. What’s your backup plan if midseasons won’t land (i.e. film critic)? I played a fair amount of yellow flash and there were games when midseasons just wasn’t going to happen. The train is a pretty powerful backup plan.

1 Like

I’m not married to the NAPDs, but it’s sort of a meta call. If there is no critic, I think NAPD might be better than astro, especially since psycho is so much easier to get now that Lily is there. However, if midseason doesn’t show up then I agree astro is much stronger. Probably should be three astro 1 napd

1 Like