[New Angeles Sol] The Art of Trolling

I still fail to see what you do against DLR decks. Did you face any of them? Whenever I am at a tournament there is at least 1 every 6 players.

I did Face one anatomy of anarchy deck which after floating 9 tags failed to get through Resistors. But that was the only DLR deck the whole day. That said, if DLR is such a big issue in one’s meta, there are a variety of options. A 2nd closed accounts would is a nice to have, but if you add 2 All-Seeing I you should be quite fine. Question is what to cut, though. Alternatively: shoot the moon is something that can botch up Vals Blackmail play enormously. So there are options that can (and should) be chosen in a DLR-heavy meta. A second Information Overload is also good, particularly on HQ when they want to siphon you.

Matchups in the tournament were:

Ken, Val (non-DLR), Reina (Anatomy of Anarchy) and Quetzal.

@ff0x I now added two All-Seeing-I, just for the sake of it :slight_smile: I also swapped out Ichi 1.0 for two Eli - which do more in runner stopping power, are cheaper and work similarly with Heinlein Grid. I cut 1 Keegan, 1 Information Overload and 1 Hedge Fund in addition to the Ichi. Cutting Hedge seems weird, but I really wanna keep 2 PADs and 2 Melange. Also by going from Ichi and Information Overload to Elis I save some money rezzing, so eventually I should not be worse off…

While All-Seeing-I does little against Shapers, it does a hell lot of stuff against Anarchs and Crims if they keep a tag. Kati, Symmetrical Visage, Wyldside, Pancakes - not to mention DLR stuff. Deck still feels good - if not better. Eli’s are really nice, particularly in a deck that taxes clicks already with Trolls. Also it allows a new kind of scoring server:

Troll(outside)+Eli+Ash+Keegan+ChiLo. Only if they run first click they get to access the Ash - and will end the turn with a tag (scenario: Run remote, rez Troll+ChiLo. They take the tag and lose a click and continue the run. You rez and trash Keegan to make them lose their barrier breaker and they click through Eli, Ash fires (they gain a tag from ChiLo) and you get your turn scoring.

RIght now, the usual way to win is to hard score 2 Astros and then never-advance a 5/3 or Beale.