[New Angeles Sol] The Art of Trolling

I see. The interaction with troll and Ash/Heinlein though :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds fun. Though I do love money :grin:

1 Like

Well, thematically, it’s better as a code gate. It’s a literal checkpoint that if you don’t pass correctly, the Corp uses the information they took from you to get the goons on you. Then they forget to tag you, and you go about your business. Code gates are weird

Maybe ChiLo City Grid could increase the tagging potential of this deck? This makes Trolls even more terrible…

rutherford would be easier. Keeps them trolly, cost 0 to rez.

This thread is a few mentions away from making a troll deck into a bad deck :stuck_out_tongue: Keep it classy.

2 Likes

How crucial are your copies of Shinobi and Caduceus? Just thinking about your scoring server of Troll -> Troll -> Ash 2X3ZB9CY, and it’s trolling capacity for not enough clicks to get in: what happens if you free up some influence to crank up the jank-o-meter and add a Valley Grid or two into the mix and start pressurising handsize too? If you install an extra ETR ICE/another Troll outside your basic two copies of Troll then if you make only the Ash trace stick they’re dead if they come in that turn, even if they pay through all the Trolls!

The current version doesn’t play Shinobi. Instead, it includes 2 Heinlein Grid, which are brutal together with Trolls…

I’ve been testing this a bit and am starting to think it might be better to go with 3xCats for points. My only loss so far (or close games) were from points not showing up when I had windows.

1 Like

Fair enough, that is pretty brutal! The only way in really is bypassing, via ICE destruction or if the current is not in play, isn’t it? Valley Grid would cover you for the last case I suppose, whereas Heinlein Grid wouldn’t. On the other hand, Heinlein Grid saves your Ash from being trashed if the current is in play.

1 Like

A few thoughts, on version 2.0 of the deckles:
a) How do you protect yourself against Syphons?
b) What about DLR?

Other than that, great job! Really fun to play

Cheers
Lucas

I’d like to say that I lost to Heinlein, ash, troll, troll, dataraven server yesterday. I said in chat “wow, that combo is so annoying”. The guy goes “well, I mean, you have no right to complain”. touche sir, touche.

2 Likes

So what anger inducing siphon were you playing? I meant deck. Deck, not siphon.

1 Like

I cannot like this enough :slight_smile: I’ll bring it to our playing Night tonight. And to a charity tournament this weekend.
I absolutely love how the deck plays…

I played very similar decks about a dozen times against DLR-Val and lost all games pretty easily and when we switched I have beaten the deck in all games, another 9-10, as well. What is your approach against DLR decks?

I have not faced a DLR deck yet. They are, just as you experienced, a pretty tough (if not the toughest) matchup, as there is no specific counter. Options could be All Seeing I, however I think that Shoot the Moon might be better?!
Faust cannot really get through the Trolls (and Val DLR usually doesnt play Parasites). But like I said, as I didnt face them
yet, I cannot tell what the biggest threat is they are posing.

Closed accounts is pretty good (a 2nd copy might be nice here) and if they abuse Joshua B. Psychographics is anice option.
Maybe a second Information Overload helps a lot, too?! It can’t be d4v1ded and it taxes the hell out of Faust. Or they trash their whole setup, which is nice. So I think I do have options to make this specific deck more resilient against DLR. Which ones are the best options remains to be seen.

After yesterday’s training, I found myself too often flooded (despite only 9 agendas). Reason is, that I have no viable fast advance strategy and my scoring server just needs some setup time. ALso, I found that Astro (while still good, ofc), did not do as much for me.

So I decided to go all in on 5/3 agendas (3 GFI, 3 Fragments, 1 Beale), which has the nice effect of getting two more deckslots. I also found Psychographics to be completey underwhelming, so I cut it. That is +3 Deckslots. I switched Caduceus for Ichi 1.0 twice. Melange is still super awesome, but it takes the whole turn. I felt the need of having some Drip Eco. Choices were PAD Campaign and Marked Accounts. I went for PAD Campaign now, as they are less click intensive (which is good due to Melange), plus the trash cost difference is not a huge thing. There is enough nasty ICE behind which I can protect the PADs (Raven, Surprise Ichi, Resistor when they don’t have a Fracter at the beginning of the game…), so I guess I can make them stick comparatively easy.

So overall changes (into version 3.1):

-2 Caduceus
+2 Ichi 1.0
-3 Astroscript Pilot Program
-1 Project Belae
-1 15 Minutes
+1 Hades Fragment
+1 Eden Fragment
+1 Utopia Fragment
-1 Psychographics
+3 PAD Campaign

Maybe this makes the deck worse, but I feel it is absolutely worth testing :smile:

1 Like

I just won a 16 player casual (as there was no GNK prize support, but a Gabe!) tournament and went undefeated with "The Art of Trolling 3.1.5). That is the following list:

The Art of Trolling 3.2

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (8)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
2x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (10)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••••• •[/color]
2x ChiLo City Grid (Trace Amount)
2x Heinlein Grid (The Spaces Between) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
3x Keegan Lane (Data and Destiny)

Operation (11)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Surveillance Sweep (Data and Destiny)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (2)
2x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (3)
3x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (8)
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
1x Information Overload (The Spaces Between)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
3x Troll (The Source)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I forgot to replace one Ichi 1.0 with a third Ash, but eventually it didn’t make a difference. Here is a short writeup of how the matches went:

Yes, a deck containing ChiLo City Grid won a tournament. That more or less untrashable piece of Upgrade gives Trolls even more brutal teeth. Let me explain:

The runner runs a Troll-Server. You rez both ChiLo City Grid and Keegan Lane. The runner encounters Troll and loses the trace thanks to Surveillance Sweep. He has to decide immedeately, whether to end the run or whether to take a tag. If he ends the run, Troll has done its job and also the Runner needs to shake the tag which costs him tempo and money. If the runner decides to take the tag, you wait until he says he wants to continue (after which he has to encounter the next piece of ICE). It is usually that moment you fire Keegan and rez whatever comes next.

That deck is certainly brutal - and fun to play :smiley:

1 Like

Great job! What decks did you play against? Any thoughts on specific matchups? What about Sunny?

Time to pull Net Police out of my binder!