[New Angeles Sol] The Art of Trolling

I never said Heinlein grid was good. I said it was hilarious. I do think in a list title “The art of Trolling” it’s incredibly appropriate. There is another sol thread with less “look what I can do” ideas in it.

2 Likes

With 3 Trolls this is definitely not a best-case-scenario. You usually get your SS going by turn 4-5.
And after that point, Heinlein is huge… It just makes troll having an unbeatable ETR sub, once you are
only a little bit richer than the runner…
That said, Heinlein is yet untested. But I’ll bring it to our game night tonight

I do think with the new list you can consider Ichi as @clercqie has said. Caduceus is really important since you’re on limited economy, but Heinlein grid, if you’re serous about running it, has so much synergy with ichi it’s unreal.

If you rez ichi and Heinlein together and they don’t have 3 clicks left, you can fire that routine and tag them and they just lost all their money. They can’t even remove it until next turn and it takes their entire turn to do so.

That is indeed true and should be tested. But then again - influence. Caduceus is very precious, and you cant go below 2 heinlein and 2 ash. Of course you could tinker with your agenda suite, but either you play real three pointers (which would suck) or you lose deckslots…

If the meta is very heavy into DLR Val, adding more Information Overload can do the trick maybe.

Love the deck, @Marsellus! I might try this out on Jinteki.net next to a similar Sol SS deck I’ve been playing. I included some experimental jank in my build:

Broadcast Square
Reality ThreeDee
Checkpoint

If you rez Reality ThreeDee during a run with SS out, they have to pay the broadcast square trace first and you can easily avoid the BP. Likewise with Checkpoint which is an excellent piece of ice without the BP and even better with SS.

1 Like

Care when using Checkpoint for killing people. Don’t get caught up on the strength trace aspect. “do 3 meat when the run is successful”. Note that this will never kill someone, as they can jack out after encountering it and it won’t hit. You rez checkpoint in this list accepting that it will just pester them with 3 cards from their hand.

You’re right, but it is very taxing, especially against Faust decks. Strength 7 is excellent!

1 Like

seems to be it’s best case scenario to me. This seems like an anti-noise if anything. It’s crippling faust regardless in any list. I can see that.

Most decks would rather not take 3 meat damage at the end of every R&D run. Even less want to break a 7-strength codegate or go up against a SS trace5.

1 Like

Well, when you leverage it like that, how can I argue that point?

Checkpoint is a codegate (I don’t get this thematically, it’s a tracer, it does damage, feels like it should be a sentry), but it’s still pretty rough to break.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction! It does seem odd as a codegate.

You can jack out to avoid it. It’s a ‘weird’ sort of damage. Code gate seems to fit.

1 Like

Why not play Archangel instead of Checkpoint? It still costs 3 cards to break with Faust, punishes facechecks (they can just jack out after Checkpoint), is in faction so it doesn’t cost influence, doesn’t require a three-card-combo to rez without taking bad pub, and even can ambush from R&D and HQ.

4 Likes

So I took my version for a spin yesterday and here are some thoughts:

• 100% win rate yay! Kate saw no agendas for 10 turns in a row while RDI was out, so this is absolutely NOT representative. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Kitties are amazing, include them
  • Ichi singlehandedly won me a game. Paying 10 for the trace to land a tag and trash Kati was totally worth it.
  • Singleton Interns does a lot of work between recurring Ash, Melange, Keegan or general ICE
  • I’d like a second Closed Accounts. Dunno what to cut for it.
  • Caduceus was pretty underwhelming for 2 influence a piece. People just break it with Mimic and go about their business. That said, it’s still a 2-credit tax for 3 credits of yours which is decent. Dunno where I would spend my influence if I where to replace them…

Woooo 100% :smiley:

The jank stops being jank if it wins. Ichis instead of Caduceus might work out very well. However, if your Keegan
reliably trashes Mimics, Caduceus becomes a monster that ends the run.
I am still not sure about Kitties :slight_smile: Sure, they interact nicely with both Ravens and Information Overload. But I already now do not know what to cut. I mean, maybe you can go -1 GFI -15 minutes +3 Kitties. GIves you 1 more inf, but costs you a deckslot…

Heinlein+Ichi is nice too, so it might be good to go -2 Caduceus +2 Ichi (based on my list on nrdb). However, higher cost for you, on the other hand you might singlehandedly bankrupt the runner or trash his entire rig (and land the tag+brain trace). So many variations to test :smile: Interns is really nice! Liked it so far a lot, too! Psychographics so far did not a lot of work, but it punishes just brutally once the runner actually decides that tag me is the only option that can keep them running…

So this is what I ran during the World’s Qualifier. This deck did fantastic. Only gave up two games. My runner deck though . . . . . :frowning:

New Corp Deck

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
2x Global Food Initiative ••
2x Improved Tracers
3x Project Beale

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard
2x Melange Mining Corp.

Upgrade (8)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x Keegan Lane
2x Rutherford Grid
2x SanSan City Grid

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund
2x Paywall Implementation ••••
3x Sweeps Week
2x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (2)
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (6)
2x Archangel
1x Tollbooth
3x Viper •••

Sentry (8)
2x Data Raven
1x Ichi 1.0 ••
3x News Hound
2x Troll

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Looks quite similar - but no Surveillance Sweep :smile: Congrats on the good result!

2 Likes

I had it in there originally but always preferred having a current out for denial or Econ. I just would never play it when I drew. I really like the card though.

1 Like