New Angeles Sol

I dare say Eli is even more important than the 2nd Ash. He’s incredible remote and R&D ICE in this deck.

Caprice is working reasonably well in a few test games as an upgrade from Ash. I think I will keep testing her. Might not have enough cred to leverage her AND SanSan all that well, though. The ICE is still reasonable without Eli, though Faust is a bastard if they can pop down a Corroder and turn off the Wraparounds.

Not sure what to cut for Eli if I keep her. Food and Paywall are just soooo good. I couldn’t play any less than 2x of Paywall in Sol. Just feels wrong.

-1 Tollbooth, +1 Little Engine purely to make the remote unpalatable for Faust?

I see 2 thirds of my deck there, I’m happy not to be alone…

Sol may be the new canva for T1.51, I think. My tests shows it’s T1 in non-competitive environment. If only I had the time to prove it can win tournaments… sigh

Manhunt is brutally oppressive, but only as a Making News card. Forcing a 3c/2c+Click tax on every single server is great, a 1c tax is not.

1 Like

If you have problems with Faust in this kind of deck, that’s because you can’t intercept Larla(s) with your TMs… 10c is 1 free rezzed ice on two servers, this shuts most Faust decks.

I like the cut of your jib.

This looks pretty cool and a sensical iteration given what we know, doubling down on fast track makes some sense when you can IA for a 5/3 win most games and allows going down to 2 beales without fretting too much. The generally reduced agenda density feeds into 15 minutes as well. On the whole it just looks more robust. If there’s a problem, its probably in the ice suite & losing eli is the primary concern that I have, though static is probably an ok replacement and if you’re seeing a lot of atman even makes sense. 2x archangel may also make up for it since it generally increases the value of any gear check that lives behind it.

I also like the interns. Getting back SanSan at the right moment is pretty cool, but I’ve also noted that deep ice installs sometimes set me back a turn or two and that my losses can often be attributed to this. Also, if you do go up vs parasite spam or ice destruction, you have a way to recover and this makes the choice of static a little less odd.

Architect for 2x eli over static is probably the easiest thing to switch & test, but there are so many games where a permanent ice on R&D is really the thing you need, even if its never going to fire.

I see that you had to drop the product placements. My inner troll is a bit sad, its easily the most frustrating card in the deck when people are playing against you, but perhaps interns plays a bit better. Everything looks reasonable. I’d probably be tempted to go 2x fast track for +1x product placement, but its likely a non-entity.

Twas a good deck, now its an illegal one. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Edit: I was just about to sleeve it up too :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm… I can fix this.

Do the posted deck but -1 Architect, -2 Ash. That gets us the 6 we need for 3x Astro & SanSan. +2 Will o’ Wisp, which is our new remote taxer, and then maybe… Add Chimera? Because Clone Chips and Parasites are a lot of influence now.

I don’t think it hurts too much.

I just threw this together as a thought experiment, and it doesn’t look too too bad:

The Sol Proprietor
New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
1x Breaking News
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Beale
1x 15 Minutes

Asset (4)
3x Jackson Howard
1x Lily Lockwell

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x SanSan City Grid

Operation (15)
3x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns
2x Paywall Implementation ••••
3x Sweeps Week
2x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
1x Resistor
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (8)
2x Archangel
3x Pop-up Window
3x Tollbooth

Sentry (4)
1x Assassin
3x News Hound

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

10 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com

The other thought I had was: -1 Beale, -1 Breaking News, -1 Ash, +1 Food, +1 SanSan, +1 Flex Slot

The flex could be Targeted Marketing #3 or Predictive Algorithm to get back to 5 currents, or maybe a Product Placement :stuck_out_tongue:

That is what I was thinking too. It’s not insurmountable. Good call on the Chimera too!

Yeah. My thought was that it becomes a decent Rush ICE now. With all the quick answers getting taken out due to influence, or decks being gutted to keep said answers, you’re much more likely to be able to get it to work. And if you don’t? Paywall gives you back 1c of the 2c rez when the Run is successful. It is kind of win-win-win. Might even want to find space for 2x.

Or rejoin the Quicksand fan club ! \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/
It is allready good today, because autoinclude Parasite days were over in Shaper and Criminal decks.

1 Like

No. I just… No. I can’t get behind that card. Its still 3 runs before it is as efficient as a Wall of Static. 4 before it is better, and then at 5 D4v1d just laughs.

You forget the punish part “if I run there I’m punish so I won’t go” + “if I run there I’ll be poorer next run after this and I allready have so little money” + “if I run there, I’ll spend Davids on it instead on Archangels” + “voiding 1x DS or Desperado gain”… etc etc.

On centrals with 9 agendas + the 4 agendas runner / 3 agendas corp trap + non necesserally installed Archangel, this is really synergizing perfectly… There is hidden magic behind it.

Central card, etr, 3c, rush option, what do you want more ?

An in-faction replacement for Ash could be Red Herrings. I like it better than Will-O, at least. Easier to trash and not quite as taxing as Ash can be (and doesn’t work against Film Critic, sigh), but cheap and taxing still.

I don’t like Herrings because of low trash cost and FC. Wisp is expensive and still has the low trash cost issue, but it turns cheap gear check ICE back on and doesn’t require huge credit leads like Ash. Plus I need influence for Astro, SanSan, and Paywall x3 (which is absolutely correct in Sol).

I’ve been testing with 2 paywall and not seeing it early really hurts.

Predictive algorithm has done nothing for me so far. If I stick to 2 paywall I’m going to play 3 Targeted Marketing.

Telling you, 3x Paywall is just great.

I’d hesitate to go to 3x Targeted Marketing. As @TheBigBoy said, the thing is useless if a deck can win without the card you called. That said, an early one called for the type of breaker needed to break your ICE can put you up on tempo. I guess if you play against a lot of people letting it fire, more power to you.

I’m personally looking to take out Marketing to test Algorithms to see what happens. Just like my hesitancy to include Red Herrings, I hate that FC ignores it, but it is free and might do a little more than Marketing. We’ll see.

I’m stuck between [2x food, 1x ash, 2x SanSan] and [3x Food, 0x Ash, 3x SanSan] for influence with the 3x paywall.