New Angeles Sol

Wisp is doing reasonably well against people that have expensive breakers or who aren’t running a ton of tutors. Even vs some that can tutor out stuff well, I find taxing a click or two is all I need to score.

The 3x SanSan is still the right call even with Most Wanted List, I feel. I like being able to just install it naked and dare any non-Whizzard to trash. The tempo gains are real. Even vs Whizz-bizz, forcing him to run my stack early just to throw another one in is pretty great. Also stresses my Interns less.

I find myself playing Targeted Marketing less and less. I’m pretty set on taking it out for Predictive at this point. Deck is fine on money without it now that I’m not dumping money into Ash, and it doesn’t often fire for me. I also like the idea of switching to it late game after Paywall has set me up on money.

Food at 3x is still pretty rockin’ in my opinion. Been able to close out games reasonably well with it, and I’ve given up 2 in other games without feeling like I was actually going to lose.

Those underrating Paywall are not rushing hard enough. With paywall down, 1 pop-up on R&D is solid for quite a long time. If they blow through it with medium for a turn you get 6 credits. That’s enough to shore it up the next turn.

NBN wins when the runner feels pressure to fruitlessly run centrals early. Paywall plays into that game-plan.

2 Likes

That only happens vs bad players though.

Correct, but the alternative is that the runner plays your remote game all game long while you never-advance trash and upgrades at them. If a 0-cost operation and 0 (-1) cost ICE are enough to keep you off R&D until one of us is on game point that’s FINE with me.

Obviously the runner can strike some kind of middle ground, but it’s up to you as a skilled corp player to make that middle ground as hard to find as possible.

1 Like

Or a runner with intention to siphon your newly earned credits, but that’s probably a result of a poor Corp play

Well the changes blew my Patchitect build apart, right now I’m splitting my time between testing a single Paywall build and a Caprice version. I still think TM should be the current to focus on, but I couldn’t find many better things to spend the last 2 influence (of 10) on than upgrading Predictive Algorithm to Paywall.

Also, I’ve moved up to 3 Archangel. I think it’s the right call, they’re so strong.

2 Likes

Acupressure

Agenda (10)
±1 15 Minutes
±3 AstroScript Pilot Program ○​○​○​
±1 Chronos Project
±2 Global Food Initiative ●​●​
±3 NAPD Contract ○​○​○​
Asset (12)
±1 Corporate Town ●​●​
±3 Jackson Howard
±3 Mumba Temple ●​●​●​●​●​●​
±3 PAD Campaign
±2 Reversed Accounts
ICE (15)
±2 Datapike
±1 Interrupt 0
±3 News Hound
±3 Tollbooth
±3 Turnpike
±3 Wraparound
Operation (7)
±1 Cerebral Static ●​●​
±3 Hedge Fund
±3 Predictive Algorithm
Upgrade (5)
±3 Experiential Data ●​●​●​
±2 Midway Station Grid

So, I know the Experiential Datas and stuff are going to make people iffy about this deck, but don’t get mad bros. This deck is all about taxing the runner, and boy does it do a good job of that. I hate long write ups, so just assume that I’ve played the deck enough times that I think it’s worthwhile to publish, and see what you can do with that guys. I’ve beated quite a few doods on jinteki with this, and fought off a whizzard even, which was a magic journey of strife and suffering. It’s all about how you play I think, and this deck gives you lots of play.

2 Likes

What

why experiential data over Lag Time? It seems like it would be worth giving a shot just switching that up. Also, Midway without Ichi 1.0 seems counterintuitive. They’re BFFs.

Maybe
-3 Data, + 3 Lag,
-1 NAPD + 1 Exploda

-1 Turnpike, -1 Tollbooth, +2 Ichi?

Certainly not bad looking.

1 Like

Alright, consider that someone with 9 credits is running on your double iced server consisting of a datapike and turnpike. You have 1 experiential data in the server and an napd contract. They have zu and a mimic. They will have to pay an additional credit to get past the datapike, and deal with a trace 5, whereas lag time let’s the runner not have to pay an additional 2 credits, and they would probably stay away from that server, in all actuality. Lag Time is expensive, where experiential data can be a surprise tax of a credit, and be rezzed for free with mumba temple. I’ve played a lot of games, where through careful play, I’ve been able to keep up substantial pressure at around 3-4 credits, with no fear of denial. This deck actively seeks to play a coordinated game, where you are constantly checking the credit pool of the runner, and playing assets smartly to threaten never advance. The best part of predictive algorithm is the fact that the runner can’t just steal agendas without paying 2,and with the amount of upgrades and ice working toward keeping the runner poor, you can score agendas without having to rely on a large credit pool, or defensive upgrades like caprice or ash that are unique. To be honest, I might consider getting rid of interrupt 0, and adding little engine, though interrupt 0 helps a lot with yog and Faust.

Just noticed the Ichi thing, and I did use ichi before, and I would go -1 Cerebral Static -1 Global Food Initiative - 15 Minutes And add Exploda and Ichi before getting rid of napd. Even with film critic, it’s worth having 3 around, as a 2 click tax is certainly acceptable if you are putting pressure on the runner, and multi access runs are still a thing.

NA Sol Testing v0.3

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program ☆☆☆
2x Breaking News
3x Explode-a-palooza
3x Project Beale

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard

Upgrade (5)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
3x SanSan City Grid ☆☆☆

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor ••••• •••
3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns
3x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (5)
2x Wall of Static
3x Wraparound

Code Gate (7)
2x Archangel
3x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth

Sentry (5)
1x Assassin
3x News Hound
1x Swordsman •

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Not sure what I’m getting out of this over NEH. 2 fewer influence, no draw power, -3 deck slots down for the Current. News Hound is good, but not sure it’s carrying the ID. I could put this exact list into NEH, replace the News Hound for Turnpike and use the slots on the Current and extra influence for Team Sponsorship.

aside from the better in NEH argument, the maths of Sol implies that you really need more than 3 currents to turn on the ID/news hound at the earliest possible time

assuming you mulligan if you don’t see a current in your opening hand, and including the mandatory draw if you do mulligan then the prob of seeing at least 1 current from the start as a function of the number of currents in the deck is:

#currents 3— 4— 5— 6
P(>=1) 52% 63% 71% 78%

and going a bit further into the game, then you roughly accelerate turning on your ID by around 3-4 draws per additional current in your deck

mandatory 52% 63% 71% 78%
7 55% 66% 75% 81%
8 58% 69% 78% 84%
9 61% 72% 80% 86%
10 64% 75% 83% 88%
11 67% 78% 85% 90%
12 70% 80% 87% 92%
13 72% 82% 89% 93%
14 74% 84% 90% 94%
15 77% 86% 92% 95%

3 Likes

What you gain is News Hound (the best ice in the game) and a brutal economic engine if you are good with Targeted Marketing. And this is actually quite hard to get right!

Other than the kill style Sol (which I haven’t tested) I think it’s best as a rush deck, and I think it’s the best rush deck in the game right now. Here’s the version a friend came up with and I’ve been tuning. It has become quite popular locally, though Faust has forced some ice changes and I’m not sure how viable rush is in the world of an all-powerful AI breaker. But at least you know what to name with Targeted Marketing! (Then name D4v1d.)

SanSan is the lategame, and frequently enables Global Food scored from facedown with an Astrotoken. This is much more about rush and never-advance than FA.

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program ☆☆☆
1x Explode-a-palooza
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Beale

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard
2x Launch Campaign

Upgrade (6)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
3x SanSan City Grid ☆☆☆

Operation (13)
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
2x Paywall Implementation ••••
1x Predictive Algorithm
3x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
3x Wraparound

Code Gate (9)
1x Quandary
3x Archangel
1x Enigma
3x Pop-up Window
1x Little Engine

Sentry (4)
3x News Hound
1x Swordsman •

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

2 Likes

Thanks for this distinction, I think that’s where I was going wrong, why it didn’t feel quite right; I built an NEH deck and changed the ID.

This math seems to confirm something I have come to understand in my testing, which is that about 5x Currents is optimal. Past that you get diminishing returns.

The advantage of Sol, gents, is that it can switch modes on the fly. It sucks that you have to include your ID power in the deck and draw it, but the modal switch between FA, NA, Rush, and Glacier is the strength of the ID.

To that end, I still maintain the best idea when building Sol is to have some large ICE, SanSan, Astro, and some mid-range stuff that isn’t quite binary gearcheck. News Hound helps a LOT in that area.

2 Likes

This is a great description of why I think sol is underrated. It doesn’t have the raw, focused power of any particular archetype, but it can switch mode between them far better than other decks.

Do you not feel that you could run some bigger pieces of ice? With targeted marketing, 3 pop ups, 3 hedge funds, 3 sweeps, 2 paywalls, 1 palooza and 2 launch campaigns, you can’t be lacking for cash. And I would suggest cutting the predictive algorithm. Otherwise it looks great!

I thought that too. But it turns out that you are lacking in cash if you try to include things like Tollbooth and Assassin, and they just get melted by ice destruction anyway. I’d rather be able to rez SanSan or put Archangel on top of two more pieces of ice, or fire it from R&D to remove a Medium, than add Tollbooths and expensive things.

Also, it turns out that Archangel, News Hound, SanSan and going fast puts a lot more tax on the runner than rezzing a Tollbooth somewhere they can ignore.

I guess I’m thinking about trying to tax D4V1D counters with some bigger pieces of ice.

But I think it would require an awful lot of testing to really settle on one approach or the other. This is what I’m currently on

Food for the Sol

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
2x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (6)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]
2x Will-o’-the-Wisp (The Spaces Between)

Operation (15)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between) [color=#006400]••••• •[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (4)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (8)
3x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

what are the most common naming targets for TM?

Anarch is obvious and the easiest one to trigger as their decks cannot function without certain pieces - wyldside then chrono/faust/david

~What are most people naming vs Crims (DLR leela, leela waltz, ken, gabe, stealth andy etc) and Shapers (Kate, Hayley)?

I normally play it safe and go for things like desperado, smc, sure gamble, etc. At least until their strategy is clearer