[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

I’m not really a fan of Cyberfeeders or Casts, as both add slow economy to a deck that already has a very strong late game. I’m on 2x Scheherezade, 2x Dirty Laundry at the moment, because both of them give you money upfront: I think that’s super-important for a deck where if you lose, it was usually because you got rushed down in the early game.

5 Likes

Thats a good solution too. I’m actually on charizard, it plays with cyberfeeder to net you credits on in installs. I like feeder because for 1 off a peddler, it is insane, and low-start up. Dirty Laundry is alright, but short lived IMO. But low cost money is always good, so not bad.

I automatically translate “Noise with Cyberfeeder” to “Prepaid Noise”.

1 Like

Yeah it’s all meta-dependent. My play buddies all run Power Shutdown, so Charizard (lol) isn’t gonna work for my small meta. I really like that Noise is in that place that the core is good enough to make strong meta decisions like that without influencing how he plays so much.

Took most of your advice, and guess what, you know what you’re talking about :wink:

Tweaked it a bit but it’s basically what you suggested, swapped grimoires for turntables and clots for hacktivist. With cvs being so prevalent I’m reluctant to play clot in a deck with no clone chips, and I’ve always found myself not really needing the 6th MU from grimoire. Also swapped one peddler for a second medium. Would take an awful lot of testing for me to really be confident in my choices though.

Oh and regarding inject, you’re dead right - getting set up asap trumps all other considerations!

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (8)
3x Déjà Vu
2x Hacktivist Meeting
2x Inject
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••

Hardware (4)
2x Cyberfeeder
2x Turntable

Resource (10)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ••••• •
2x Street Peddler
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder
2x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (19)
3x Cache •••
1x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
3x Lamprey
2x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆
1x Scheherazade

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

This looks like a really strong, run happy, teched vs NBN deck. Should work great …

Let’s hope! I haven’t been able to test that much against NBN, but I know it’s my worst matchup, especially the asset spam variant with mumba, sponsorship etc.

And it turns out that running like a total lunatic with noise is a lot of fun!

I think the Hacktivist Meeting is the ‘kick to the groin’ to really tip NBN matchups in your favor, in this build.

Tested out Diwan last night; it’s OK. You can annoy the Corp with it sometimes when they’re on key turns, but I never especially wanted to leave it on the board more than that one turn, and it was always sold to Aesop very quickly.

So not bad, but not as good as stuff that’s already in the deck. I think this is pretty much what everyone expected, but it’s good to check these things.

2 Likes

I did not have good luck with Cyberfeeders and Inject replacing Daily Casts. Too many early games with no money, and digging through a lot of my deck to find Aesop. Digging for Aesop may have just been terrible luck on my part, in 2 of 5 games my first Aesop came in the bottom 15 cards of my deck.

Also, I really hate seeing Imp, Cache, and/or my first Faust go into the heap from Inject. Maybe I suffer from more loss aversion than most, but I liked Inject a lot more when I had clone chips.

But the odds of all 3 Aesops showing up in the bottom 15 cards is about 1/27, which is unlikely, but not unforeseeable. I like the DC money to set up Wyldcakes early to power Faust runs while digging for Aesop. Clicking for credits while waiting for Aesop just feels bad.

I’ll try again tonight. I think Scheherazade may be another piece I’m missing, but I worry about finding a 1-off early enough for it to be worth the deck slot. Also, face-checking a destroyer with all my econ loaded in one place has bit me in the past.

2 Likes

That does sound a little like bad luck, but maybe it’s just a play style thing. The way I see it, putting half your viruses in the bin to get set up quickly is worth the trade off - you don’t have to wait until your deck is almost empty to fire levy. Are you running peddlers? Being able to install Aesop or cache for free, and imp for 1 really helps

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think it fits in Noise to be honest - I looked at my deck and didn’t want to drop anything for it. I’ve seen talk of putting it in Reina though

1 Like

I moved off Peddlers about a month ago. When I did, my deck started to really pack a punch. The peddlers were often costing me important events at bad times, and had been relegated to Faust food in most matches when I decided to cut them for Run Amok.

I can see where inject and peddlers can speed up the setup, but I I’ve shifted to working with whatever pieces I get and hitting with what I draw from Wyldcakes. I can still win without Aesop if I can find some other money, which is what DC has been doing for me.

Of course, when I was running Peddlers, I had 1x Clone Chip instead of Levy, so maybe I should shift my build more around a fast burn of my deck to setup, followed by a second run after Levy. My concern here is setting up fast enough while maintaining pressure, and maintaining tempo through the Levy.

Ugh, I tried it before I submitted this message, and my first peddler ate 2x Deja Vu and offered me… the other street peddler. I am not warming up to her.

1 Like

Perhaps the key is to go all in one one approach or the other?

So either burn through for fast setup and have a levy, or take out the levy and have some more steady econ?

I could be wide of the mark, but sometimes I worry that I end up doing 2 things ok rather than one thing very well.

1 Like

I really like the look of this build.

Why Inject over IHW though? With the list consisting of 50% programs, inject is on average going to be “gain 1, draw 2 cards, pitch 2 cards”. Compared to IHW which reads “pay 1, draw 3 cards” and does double duty as net/meat damage protection in a list sans plascrete.

Curious to hear the rationale and whether its working out for you.

1 Like

as a long time noise player I strongly believe that Levy is a misuse of influence, rare is the game where a levy will save you if you haven’t already won after one pass through the deck.

2 Likes

There was a short discussion about this above with @x3r0h0ur

I’ve swapped to inject to try it, does feel good, but I guess it just depends - it can be better super early because with IHW you probably don’t have the money to play all the viruses. But once you’re set up there’s no real reason to ever play inject

I think it depends how you play. My original build was based on yours with employee strike. I also added spoilers to buy me time while I got set up.

With levy peddler and inject/I’ve had worse you can just draw like a madman to get set up. And then levy later if you need to.

I haven’t played anywhere near enough to say which approach is ‘better’. Or maybe they’re just different.

I guess what we’re all trying to do is mitigate the sometimes slow setup time for noise

I added Levy because I faced a lot of thousand cuts Jinteki at my last SC with Noise. I agree that it is fairly rare that I use it.

Now I’m experimenting with a variation that is using Inject and Street Peddler to send a lot of cards to the heap in a deck with limited recursion, so Levy feels like a nice safety blanket. Against damage decks Levy will quickly become necessary.

It may just be that I have terrible luck but, Inject always seems to hit at least one Cache, and my first Faust. Street Peddler has a love affair with Deja Vu that I do not approve of. I’m thinking of going back to Daily Casts where I am more comfortable.

What build are you using?

The Once and Future King

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (5)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (5)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆ ••[/color]
2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (12)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (20)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
2x Clot (The Valley)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Lamprey i[/i]
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆☆[/color]
1x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts)
11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Pretty basic but it works and it hardly ever drops a game as someone who has played some version of this since the original Noise Sauce list I made 2 years ago.

1 Like